2015 Delistings & Retirements

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 15, 2007
Too far from my bed
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Patriots
How many did Ross use this season? Aside from the port dead rubber... Maybe 28-30 players..? From what 40 + rookies?
Clearly they all just weren't good enough to push up for senior selection.
I guess we will recycle a few de-listed guys to 'play their role'
Every list aside from GWS & GC who are filled with 1st n 2nd rounders effectively have 4-6 speculative picks that hope will push up. Ours weren't good enough.
That's what 20% of the list change? Massive

Just to be technical, there were 6 players that played in the 'resting' game that would otherwise almost certainly not played:

Ballard, Duffy, Blakely (probably would have played earlier but for injury), Smith, Hughes and Grey. Take those away, we used 32 players for the year. That's equal lowest along with Sydney and Adelaide. Hawthorn used 33. Here's the list (in order of players used):

Gold Coast 41
Essendon 41
Carlton 40
Brisbane Lions 40
Western Bulldogs 40
Melbourne 39
St Kilda 38
GWS Giants 38
Richmond 38
Fremantle 38
Collingwood 36
Geelong 35
Port Adelaide 35
West Coast 35
North Melbourne 34
Hawthorn 33
Adelaide 32
Sydney 32

And yes I'm bored.

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
8 changes including Deluca to be re-rookied before we trade anyone away as well. Quite an overhaul of the bottom 20% of the list occurring here already and maybe a bit more to come in the next fortnight too.
More to come too, IMO. Big calls to be made on C. Pearce, Mzungu, Morabito.

Pusswah

Premiership Player
Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
Fremantle
Would be the dream, who are the 4? (Apart from McCarthy and Bennell)
Apologies if 'different faces' was misleading, but the likes of Weller, Blakely and Alex Pearce should be starting 22 as long as they do right by the team and keep them in for a few games, none of this in and out bullshit unless they're horrific. Throw in Bennell and Big Mac and we're already up to 5.

splooge.

Sep 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Yeah that's what I was thinking, was assuming you meant 6 changes from the PF B22 team just gone. I'd prefer that too. It's what I'm hoping for.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Docker82

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2013
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Don't think we should be reacting much to the Vandeluer decision but he's a rookie. Yesterday we had one rookie selection available and it was already committed to Deluca.

Sweetback

Cancelled
Dec 23, 2014
According to posts I've read over the past 6 months Lyon will ensure the incoming players are role playing intellectually challenged spuds.
Essentially selected by the FFC brains trust to ensure we are boring and defeatist.
I think it's the posters who fit the description.
We seem to be reaching saturation point for mouthy arseclowns.

Oct 20, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Don't think we should be reacting much to the Vandeluer decision but he's a rookie. Yesterday we had one rookie selection available and it was already committed to Deluca.
We only have two rookies left in Hughes and Smith, Hurley is a cat B rookie.
with deluca being re-rookied if available we will have 3 spots to fill on the rookie list

Proud SJW

Cancelled
Aug 27, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Just to be technical, there were 6 players that played in the 'resting' game that would otherwise almost certainly not played:

Ballard, Duffy, Blakely (probably would have played earlier but for injury), Smith, Hughes and Grey. Take those away, we used 32 players for the year. That's equal lowest along with Sydney and Adelaide. Hawthorn used 33. Here's the list (in order of players used):

Gold Coast 41
Essendon 41
Carlton 40
Brisbane Lions 40
Western Bulldogs 40
Melbourne 39
St Kilda 38
GWS Giants 38
Richmond 38
Fremantle 38
Collingwood 36
Geelong 35
Port Adelaide 35
West Coast 35
North Melbourne 34
Hawthorn 33
Adelaide 32
Sydney 32

And yes I'm bored.
Pretty much what I posted a few weeks ago. Those in contention play experience, those who aren't, don't.
Sort of a modified reverse order ladder, isn't it? With a few outliers and a couple of position changes to make it worth talking about.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back