2015 Division 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Signed at Heidelberg several years ago when first came out of the TAC. Never played a game though due to VFL commitments. Good get for Eltham.

Woods signed at H'berg when he left Preston and went to Willy. Willy got him to sign with a 1st Div club and leave Creek in case he had to come back through local footy after injury with Willy requiring a higher standard than Div 2 for that purpose.

Being an ex Jnr, Creek have remained in contact with Woods and made contact recently but it seems he was hot property but probably where never seriously in the picture.

If everyone is referring to 'success' as winning flags, then yes, Mont aren't exactly closing the deal on that one.

If I'm correct, they are the only NFL club to never have been relegated from Div 1?

Plus some clubs classify success as just making finals...
Top 10 Most premierships in leading metro comps

Vermont (EFL) 19
Essendon Doutta Stars (EDFL) 18
Greensborough (NFL) 18
Collegians (VAFA) 17
Heidelberg (NFL) 16
Spottswood (WRFL) 15
Parkside (WRFL) 14
Uni Blacks (VAFA) 13
Braybrook (WRFL) 12
Old Xavairians (VAFA) 12

If YA can't get it done in September there ain't no point being there. There is a reason why monte wear collingwood colors!

Eltham have now signed former Essendon and West Adelaide player Michael Still who is aligned with Collingwood but still hopefully get him for a few games this year. Should be very handy

Last edited:
Eltham have now signed former Essendon and West Adelaide player Michael Still who is aligned with Collingwood but still hopefully get him for a few games this year. Should be very handy

Great player. Panther would be very lucky to see him this year though.

Great player. Panther would be very lucky to see him this year though.

Agree. Collingwood will be his focus. One or two games will be great. I reckon the idea is to get him back in the jumper he played for all his juniors so in time he is back full time. An excellent player and better bloke.

Sort of div 1 related. Was talking to the father of a handy 15 yo footballer who told me that a div 1 senior clubs junior body offered his son financial inducements to switch clubs for the coming season. We talk about and lament the amount of money at the senior level. Let's hope junior footy doesn't come to this.

Top 10 Most premierships in leading metro comps

Vermont (EFL) 19
Essendon Doutta Stars (EDFL) 18
Greensborough (NFL) 18
Collegians (VAFA) 17
Heidelberg (NFL) 16
Spottswood (WRFL) 15
Parkside (WRFL) 14
Uni Blacks (VAFA) 13
Braybrook (WRFL) 12
Old Xavairians (VAFA) 12

If YA can't get it done in September there ain't no point being there. There is a reason why monte wear collingwood colors!

Vermont don't look like they will win one anytime soon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hello all. Recently moved to Eltham, and looking forward to getting along to some local games this season. Anyone like to give me a quick overview of how the Panthers might go this year?

Also, what's with the Montmorency hostility? Is there some back-story, or just general local rivalry?

Also I notice West Preston Lakeside have recruited Brent Renouf, to add to David Rodan. Are they a wealthy club? Is there a salary cap system in the NFL, or do the wealthier clubs have a strong advantage when building their lists?

Excuse my ignorance on all this. I'm not native to this part of the world. Thanks for any responses.

Hello all. Recently moved to Eltham, and looking forward to getting along to some local games this season. Anyone like to give me a quick overview of how the Panthers might go this year?

Also, what's with the Montmorency hostility? Is there some back-story, or just general local rivalry?

Also I notice West Preston Lakeside have recruited Brent Renouf, to add to David Rodan. Are they a wealthy club? Is there a salary cap system in the NFL, or do the wealthier clubs have a strong advantage when building their lists?

Excuse my ignorance on all this. I'm not native to this part of the world. Thanks for any responses.
Eltham I'd imagine would fit into lower half of ladder. Picked up a couple of handy types, but if you believe "the rumour", are perhaps using this season as a springboard to 2016. Montmorency, well they are "black and white" and thus lend themselves to all forms of hostility and ridicule:) Have spent serious coin over the journey and talked up their chances, but haven't converted it into flags. West Preston must have serious coin, don't know where they get it from, don't seem to have much of a supporter base but obviously do well with sponsorship and other avenues. Should be a great season, enjoy watching and supporting

Hello all. Recently moved to Eltham, and looking forward to getting along to some local games this season. Anyone like to give me a quick overview of how the Panthers might go this year? Hopefully a good season. I would think this is a better preseason than the past few for the Panthers so you never know. Recruiting has been good.

Also, what's with the Montmorency hostility? Is there some back-story, or just general local rivalry? Pretty much what brutal said, Mont are a pretty big club that other than lacking a premiership recently they have been a powerhouse for many years. As with Collingwood it seems if you don't support them you hate them.

Also I notice West Preston Lakeside have recruited Brent Renouf, to add to David Rodan. Are they a wealthy club? Is there a salary cap system in the NFL, or do the wealthier clubs have a strong advantage when building their lists? No salary cap and whilst West Preston seem to have a lot with that sort of recruiting I think they just spend what they have well. Wealthier Clubs have a history of dominating the NFL however Greensy proved last year that hard work for a few years can reep rewards.

Hope you enjoy the NFL. I go every week and win or lose I love it, prefer it 100 times over the AFL.

A
Bronik Davies on the new season of house rules. Hasn't trained yet and can't say when he can start back due to filming commitments. Could miss a chunk of the year

If he goes all the way on the show, he will be back playing round 3
One would think the obvious decision for northcote will be to replace him as captain

A

If he goes all the way on the show, he will be back playing round 3
One would think the obvious decision for northcote will be to replace him as captain
Would love to know how you think replacing one of the best captains in the leauge is the obvious choice

Remove this Banner Ad

Back