2015 Division 1

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the bloke that said Pascoe Vale will struggle is having a lend of you.

Probably picked up the most high profile players over the off season that any other club in Victorian leagues, maybe apart from Noble Park

Is he No 11. Played FF, couldnt get near it early but turned it on in the 2nd half and prob finished with 6 goals. Bit of a lair at times taking on numerous defenders and having ridiculous shots on goal rather than look for better options.

Hi Bearfan & Turnstiles,
Appreciative the replies. I'm not sure what number he wears but his about 6"2 and 95kgs. Can take a mark and does have flair about him. His highly talented..

Cheers boys..

I think the bloke that said Pascoe Vale will struggle is having a lend of you.

Probably picked up the most high profile players over the off season that any other club in Victorian leagues, maybe apart from Noble Park

Yeah the guy must have been drunk as Pacco will go well, don't worry about that..

West preston played st joesephs geelong last saturday.. Came up against a well drilled team who was all over them, pressure wise in the first half.. Were 30 points down at 3/4 time, lost by 10 points in the end..got some good young kids who dont mind putting there head over the footy..

Sounds like Singh has a fair bit of pull down at Northcote Park.

Latest mail ive heard is that he is in to Chris Tarrant for the second half of the year

Latest mail ive heard is that he is in to Chris Tarrant for the second half of the year

All well and good to bring in a lot of ex- AFL players but does it do more harm than good to have players coming in whenever their other commitments suit?

Essentially half the season an on-baller will be getting dropped at the expense of a 32 yo+ player (not discounting their ability just saying age is an important factor here) who more than likely doesn't train week in week and week out with the main squad- team harmony is everything in local footy and to have an unsettled squad constantly could end up been damaging rather than helpful. It then begs the question, what if they play a couple of bad games? We've all seen ex-AFL players come down to NFL or any local footy and struggle to adapt to the different style. All of a sudden a guy you become reliant on to have an impact when he is available is fast becoming a burden. In saying all of that he still won a flag with Morwell running the same schedule with his other commitments last year so i guess we'll have to wait and see.

All well and good to bring in a lot of ex- AFL players but does it do more harm than good to have players coming in whenever their other commitments suit?

Essentially half the season an on-baller will be getting dropped at the expense of a 32 yo+ player (not discounting their ability just saying age is an important factor here) who more than likely doesn't train week in week and week out with the main squad- team harmony is everything in local footy and to have an unsettled squad constantly could end up been damaging rather than helpful. It then begs the question, what if they play a couple of bad games? We've all seen ex-AFL players come down to NFL or any local footy and struggle to adapt to the different style. All of a sudden a guy you become reliant on to have an impact when he is available is fast becoming a burden. In saying all of that he still won a flag with Morwell running the same schedule with his other commitments last year so i guess we'll have to wait and see.

Wouldn't they drop a fringe player who would be potentially starting on the bench... rather than an on-baller?

I think it's a great way to drive crowds and to use his coaching experience with Collingwood to educate/develop the younger or midway players.

Yes someone has to miss out, but overall I think its a positive.

Did he rob the Morwell local bank on his way out? How the * can they afford all these players? Have heard from a good source a lot of these players aren't much chop as well so it will b interesting to see how they go

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hear North have been ringing around to get fill ins for their reserves praccy games, might not be a great sign but I'm sure they will be fine smashed Div 2 and will probably be very competitive.. I reckon they stay up!

Berger,
You make a good point but really depends on what is putting back into the club. I'm sure he will train at times and make friends rather than just roll up on a Sat as this just doesn't happen any more as it disrupts the group. it will bring people back into the club as well.
I'm all for it and let's face it, if his in the best 22 you play him, that's footy. I know someone might not be happy but it makes people stronger. But the coach needs to explain the situation and be upfront.
If a player sooks up well then you can move on without him I say..
All good sides will encounter this at some stage. 30 doesn't go into 22.

West preston played st joesephs geelong last saturday.. Came up against a well drilled team who was all over them, pressure wise in the first half.. Were 30 points down at 3/4 time, lost by 10 points in the end..got some good young kids who dont mind putting there head over the footy..

Hello Fish Hook...How did they go against Leopold today..

Actually 4, Heidleberg, North Heidleberg, West Heidleberg and Banyule
And if you want to take it further Macleod on your doorstep. Over the next decade unfortunately it will be difficult for a couple of these clubs they being North & West Heidelberg to survive due to a changing demographic. West have been hanging on for years with little success whilst North once a power & now with no juniors will probably be in Divvy 3 give it 5 years once a few of the older heads retire. The only way I see North remaining a solid club say in Div 1/2 would be if the demographic with more wealth north of Waterdale Rd changed considerably which whilst it is happening (slowly) will take 10 years or so with many of these people not in to Aussie Rules. Difficult times ahead for local football.

And if you want to take it further Macleod on your doorstep. Over the next decade unfortunately it will be difficult for a couple of these clubs they being North & West Heidelberg to survive due to a changing demographic. West have been hanging on for years with little success whilst North once a power & now with no juniors will probably be in Divvy 3 give it 5 years once a few of the older heads retire. The only way I see North remaining a solid club say in Div 1/2 would be if the demographic with more wealth north of Waterdale Rd changed considerably which whilst it is happening (slowly) will take 10 years or so with many of these people not in to Aussie Rules. Difficult times ahead for local football.

North have an under 19's now. But yes with retirements slowly coming over the next few years will be a very challenging period for the club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back