2015 Division 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree, Panther have to get a win from one of the top sides not just to make it but to show they are not making the numbers. Going to be an interesting last few rounds.
I think Eltham will get that 5th spot. first side to 10 wins should have enough on the board and should have superior percentage. Bundoora play Heid which you'd imagine Heid would be faves, then have 4 games that could go either way. Would have to win all the 50/50 games but I think Eltham will end up with Superior percentage and as it stands have a game up on Bun and to a lesser extent Lower anyway. In all honesty, I think Lower would have to win every game due to poor %. Probably have the toughest run with Borough and Macleod away. Would hope to beat Nth and Bundoora at home whilst the game at Mont will be a challenge.

I think Eltham will get that 5th spot. first side to 10 wins should have enough on the board and should have superior percentage. Bundoora play Heid which you'd imagine Heid would be faves, then have 4 games that could go either way. Would have to win all the 50/50 games but I think Eltham will end up with Superior percentage and as it stands have a game up on Bun and to a lesser extent Lower anyway. In all honesty, I think Lower would have to win every game due to poor %. Probably have the toughest run with Borough and Macleod away. Would hope to beat Nth and Bundoora at home whilst the game at Mont will be a challenge.

I watched the 2nd half of Boro/H'berg and although the Bergs had several out, they were completely outplayed and can't imagine they would be a certainty against anyone after that showing. The guys i spoke to at their big drawn function 2 weeks ago still are bullish about their chances when fully fit, but would need to improve dramatically to challenge Boro or Macleod

I watched the 2nd half of Boro/H'berg and although the Bergs had several out, they were completely outplayed and can't imagine they would be a certainty against anyone after that showing. The guys i spoke to at their big drawn function 2 weeks ago still are bullish about their chances when fully fit, but would need to improve dramatically to challenge Boro or Macleod
Exactly right, had SEVERAL out...Looking at the scores it does say 6 goals to NIL after half time so to say they were totally outplayed Im not sure on and speaking to a couple of insiders yesterday at a function Id say with those players back in - At least 5 walk up starters youd say they will be back to their best..From what Ive heard Boro haven't got any injuries so that's a plus at this time of year. They also stated that they still think they can beat Macleod and Boro in good conditions, unlike Saturday. It also looks like the injuries have stretched the Bergs depth after looking at the scores from the Ressies game.

Exactly right, had SEVERAL out...Looking at the scores it does say 6 goals to NIL after half time so to say they were totally outplayed Im not sure on and speaking to a couple of insiders yesterday at a function Id say with those players back in - At least 5 walk up starters youd say they will be back to their best..From what Ive heard Boro haven't got any injuries so that's a plus at this time of year. They also stated that they still think they can beat Macleod and Boro in good conditions, unlike Saturday. It also looks like the injuries have stretched the Bergs depth after looking at the scores from the Ressies game.
after listening to the slime after game orator i don't think anyone has a chance besides them.back to the arrogant best.looking forward to finals now when the bergs get 7 key players back.i don't need to name them it seems the slime don't know or care.what a tosser.

after listening to the slime after game orator i don't think anyone has a chance besides them.back to the arrogant best.looking forward to finals now when the bergs get 7 key players back.i don't need to name them it seems the slime don't know or care.what a tosser.
Just hope they don't become arrogant like the para rd mob who will never win a div 1 premiership with as they call him.."coach Haynes" spare me he must do all the reports himself to be called that

Think Macleod are travelling OK.

Lynch, Shaw, Martin, Clarke back after the break. Hopefully Leggett and Dohertey before round 18 and not to mention a fit Corr.

Especially since their record against the Roos is a little shaky as well.....

Top 5 - 2015 form line against each other

Greensborough - Played 6 : Won 5 / Lost 2
Macleod - Played 7 : Won 5 / Lost 2
Northcote Park - Played 6 : Won 2 / Lost 4
Heidelberg - Played 6 : Won 2 / Lost 4
Eltham - Played 5 : Won 2 / Lost 3

Eltham still have 3 games against the top 5 (Greensy, Bergs, Roos)
Greensy have 2 games (Panther, NP)
Cougars have 2 games (Greensy, Bergs)
Bergs have 2 games (Panther, NP)
Macleod have 1 game (Panther)

Compelling form for Greensborough and Macleod.
I still wouldn't discount Bundoora or Lower Plenty taking 5th spot. Both have 2 home games left so it will be a big ask. I think 9 wins a superior percentage will get you in, 10 wins will definately get you into the top 5 this year.

Top 5 - 2015 form line against each other

Greensborough - Played 6 : Won 5 / Lost 2
Macleod - Played 7 : Won 5 / Lost 2
Northcote Park - Played 6 : Won 2 / Lost 4
Heidelberg - Played 6 : Won 2 / Lost 4
Eltham - Played 5 : Won 2 / Lost 3

Eltham still have 3 games against the top 5 (Greensy, Bergs, Roos)
Greensy have 2 games (Panther, NP)
Cougars have 2 games (Greensy, Bergs)
Bergs have 2 games (Panther, NP)
Macleod have 1 game (Panther)

Compelling form for Greensborough and Macleod.
I still wouldn't discount Bundoora or Lower Plenty taking 5th spot. Both have 2 home games left so it will be a big ask. I think 9 wins a superior percentage will get you in, 10 wins will definately get you into the top 5 this year.
Well researched Underbelly. Do you have a ladder prediction after the last round?
Mine is:-
Gboro 64
Macleod 62
Hberg 44
NPark 40
Elth 32
Bund 32
WPL 28
LP 28
Mont 26
NH 4

Well researched Underbelly. Do you have a ladder prediction after the last round?
Mine is:-
Gboro 64
Macleod 62
Hberg 44
NPark 40
Elth 32
Bund 32
WPL 28
LP 28
Mont 26
NH 4
Assume your tipping Lower to only beat NH? Fair chance against Bun at home and Mont down the hill(depending on ground condition).

Will Shane Harvey play this week? would imagine he would be in Brisbane.

Northcote would be hoping to really drive home a strong win to further the percentage gap on Heidelberg and Eltham

Will be interested to see how Monts ground is looking prior to ones game, especially if it cops more rain. The driveway end looks particularly ordinary. Perhaps should have moved the game up the hill;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will be interested to see how Monts ground is looking prior to ones game, especially if it cops more rain. The driveway end looks particularly ordinary. Perhaps should have moved the game up the hill;)

Hey Brutal,
I sometimes watch the videos on your NFL web site and Montys ground always looks below average. If I'm correct it's been like this for a number of years. Why is this?
I think your league web site is one of the best and most NFL clubs have good facilities from what I can see, but some of the grounds look ordinary especially Montys.

Hey Brutal,
I sometimes watch the videos on your NFL web site and Montys ground always looks below average. If I'm correct it's been like this for a number of years. Why is this?
I think your league web site is one of the best and most NFL clubs have good facilities from what I can see, but some of the grounds look ordinary especially Montys.
I've heard and I don't know if this is true, so please if anyone from Mont wish to clarify, please do. I was told that a complete ground upgrade like what Lower had done years ago was offered. The cricket club was ok with that, but the football club resisted due to the potential loss of revenue. I can't think of a ground that is worse at the moment, although Macleods can chop up also. Perhaps council needs to bite the bullet and just do it (monts ground).

I've heard and I don't know if this is true, so please if anyone from Mont wish to clarify, please do. I was told that a complete ground upgrade like what Lower had done years ago was offered. The cricket club was ok with that, but the football club resisted due to the potential loss of revenue. I can't think of a ground that is worse at the moment, although Macleods can chop up also. Perhaps council needs to bite the bullet and just do it (monts ground).

Is it possible? I am not being a smartarse and I am in no way an expert but with that hill there the amount of water that comes down after rain would have to be 5 times as much as any other ground. I am sure over the past 30 years they have tried everything with drainage but to no avail.

Fix the surface is fine but stopping the run of water coming off that hill has to be the biggest issue.

I think next year they need to stay off it during the week, the whole club needs to train at Sims Rd, that would at least be a start.

Thanks Brutal,
This surely must affect recruiting players. Playing every 2nd week in those conditions is not good for the better footballers however I know some good players are come from there. Does it affect recruiting or retaining players?

Ryan Jackson is a beauty boys. Pascoe Vale favourite already. Good workrate, runs hard, good skills, smart and tough footballer.

Ryan Jackson is a beauty boys. Pascoe Vale favourite already. Good workrate, runs hard, good skills, smart and tough footballer.
Most definitely not a tough footballer and especially when he's brothers not in the team to do his dirty work. He's a mercenary not worth half what your paying

Most definitely not a tough footballer and especially when he's brothers not in the team to do his dirty work. He's a mercenary not worth half what your paying

Ah footy is full of opinions. Not sure how well you know him, if at all. He sure can play footy and is a great guy around the club. His not a mercenary mate, as played at Monty for a number of years didn't he! Sure he might have left and was offered good coin, but we know how that panned out. Sure his getting paid, but come across to Pacco for reasons other than money. I'm sure he had bigger offers but I can assure you both player & club are very happy. As for what his worth, his a damm good player who gives his all.
Yeah I hear Ricky is pretty tough and doesn't put up with crap. Good for him! But don't know much more about Ricky. Not sure your being fair on Ryan but your entitled to your opinion.

Cheers pal.

Ah footy is full of opinions. Not sure how well you know him, if at all. He sure can play footy and is a great guy around the club. His not a mercenary mate, as played at Monty for a number of years didn't he! Sure he might have left and was offered good coin, but we know how that panned out. Sure his getting paid, but come across to Pacco for reasons other than money. I'm sure he had bigger offers but I can assure you both player & club are very happy. As for what his worth, his a damm good player who gives his all.
Yeah I hear Ricky is pretty tough and doesn't put up with crap. Good for him! But don't know much more about Ricky. Not sure your being fair on Ryan but your entitled to your opinion.

Cheers pal.

Good bloke and great footballer! Will do Pascoe good to have him in their team. I think he spent 2 years at Mont?

Pretty sure the same debate was raised over in the EDFL forum, where you hang Turbo, and it was pretty obvious to everyone he went for the $ offering. Why didn't he go there in the first place? Anyway... he's moved on and good luck to him.

Never heard of a player leaving Mont due to the ground. But I guess people assume it's either that now or Mont doesn't pay them.

Amusing...

Thoughts on a Preston 1s player, selected in NFL 2nds side, runs out on the ground in the second 1/4 touches the centre square and then runs off....never to grace the park again.....thats now 2 games he has qualified for.

why dont you just name him and the team?
Good bloke and great footballer! Will do Pascoe good to have him in their team. I think he spent 2 years at Mont?

Pretty sure the same debate was raised over in the EDFL forum, where you hang Turbo, and it was pretty obvious to everyone he went for the $ offering. Why didn't he go there in the first place? Anyway... he's moved on and good luck to him.

Never heard of a player leaving Mont due to the ground. But I guess people assume it's either that now or Mont doesn't pay them.

Amusing...
pretty good authority that coaches and players are still owed for last 2 years at mont pal...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back