2015 Division 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Carl Petersen signed at Fitzroy Stars as stated on their facebook page along with a couple of others.

WOW can't believe how quiet it is on here.
Especially with the transfers now in play. Thomastown looking like the big mover, what are everyone's thoughts? Two VFL signings but am led to believe they will only play a handful of games.
Stars losing a few, but picking up a handful of good players including a gun.
Lalor looked to have pulled a duck out of the hat with Harley Ryan, you would think he would almost be best in Div 2 if his form from last year continues.
Hurstbridge losing their leader in Brent Hay but picking up Shaw and Kruezer along with others.
Whittlesea have been pretty quiet? lost a couple but picking up Coburgs Jai Robinson?
Other sides very quiet, not sure about?
Guys just to be clear, there is no stand out team for me.... I think there are going to be a few second glances at results this year, but for me they won't be surprising as I think the comp is quite even.

WOW can't believe how quiet it is on here.
Especially with the transfers now in play. Thomastown looking like the big mover, what are everyone's thoughts? Two VFL signings but am led to believe they will only play a handful of games.
Stars losing a few, but picking up a handful of good players including a gun.
Lalor looked to have pulled a duck out of the hat with Harley Ryan, you would think he would almost be best in Div 2 if his form from last year continues.
Hurstbridge losing their leader in Brent Hay but picking up Shaw and Kruezer along with others.
Whittlesea have been pretty quiet? lost a couple but picking up Coburgs Jai Robinson?
Other sides very quiet, not sure about?
Guys just to be clear, there is no stand out team for me.... I think there are going to be a few second glances at results this year, but for me they won't be surprising as I think the comp is quite even.

Unless you know alot of players from different teams, then transfers dont mean much at this stage. Heck, half of them are junior transfers. Alot of clubs bringing in 'named' players but most are at the end of their careers and not sure how much impact they will have, same with VFl listed players who will barely play a game for their club.

The bolded bit made me laugh, great bloke brent but no loss (was playing 2's all of last year)

I think it's getting a lot clearer by the transfers who looks set to do well and who looks set to struggle. Mernda, Fitzroy, Hurstbridge and Whittlesea have been pretty busy, Lalor have a very good pickup in Ryan and I think Thomastown with their pickups will comfortably survive the drop, with history on their side too (no side has ever gone straight back down - I don't think anyone would have picked that a side would suffer double relegations before a side going straight back down). On the other hand, Panton Hill and Diamond Creek have been pretty quiet, having said that Diamond Creek seem to have lost a fair bit more than the Hillers have.

It's still mid-February, plenty of time left for big moves before the start of the season, still think it's going to be very tight.

Unless you know alot of players from different teams, then transfers dont mean much at this stage. Heck, half of them are junior transfers. Alot of clubs bringing in 'named' players but most are at the end of their careers and not sure how much impact they will have, same with VFl listed players who will barely play a game for their club.

The bolded bit made me laugh, great bloke brent but no loss (was playing 2's all of last year)

Surely not talking about the likes of shaw , kruezer, farrelly all could easily still play div 1 and still in there late 20s.

Little birdy tells me Lalor ready to break the bank for an ex Mernda gun who is residing in Scotland

(Log in to remove this ad.)

St Mary's FC (NFL Div 3) looking for a practice match this Saturday 14th. Had one booked in but opposition pulled out yesterday arvo. If interested, Senior Coach Con Borg can be contacted on 0420 909 153.

I hear stars have been getting only 20 to training every night apart from there intra club match and that the brown brothers wont be playing. Not a good sign for a flag favorite.

Does the Hillers losing to Banyule say more about Panton Hill or Banyule??

If Panton Hill had a few senior players not playing it probably won't say much about them given their reserves and 19s struggled last year, if anything they'd just be happy to get a bit of a run, it's a praccy after all. What it does say is that Banyule will fit in seamlessly in Div 3 and will probably give a few sides a run for their money. Heard they have quite a few numbers on the track and that's always good to hear for a side.

We'll find out Round One...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back