2015 Division 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Just did the ladder predictor which is fun, I have the round 17 clash between Thomo and Stars as a clash that will be for the 4th spot , should be a good close finish.
FWIW I had

LALOR
HURSTBRIDGE
WHITTLESEA
FITZROY STARS
Thomastown
Diamond Creek
Panton Hill
Mernda

a few ins? 2 guys playing there first game in the seniors, 1 playing his 3rd. 1 other back from injury.
Now after reading alot on here and seeing the comments spoken about thomastown i dont think its about winning a flag in there first year up . Alot of people are forgetting there average is 22-23 and have been able to cope with the stronger clubs coming at them week in week out . To be sitting in the 4 with 3 losses is a pretty good effort considering abela and fazzari are both out . If they dont make the 4 how do you judge this young side ?

Now after reading alot on here and seeing the comments spoken about thomastown i dont think its about winning a flag in there first year up . Alot of people are forgetting there average is 22-23 and have been able to cope with the stronger clubs coming at them week in week out . To be sitting in the 4 with 3 losses is a pretty good effort considering abela and fazzari are both out . If they dont make the 4 how do you judge this young side ?
Exceeded all expectations already. As you said they have a young list. Couple 27 yolds the rest 23 and under. My mail from those close is that they looking towards 2016 and 17 to hit their straps and have a real crack

a few ins? 2 guys playing there first game in the seniors, 1 playing his 3rd. 1 other back from injury.
When I looked at teams I saw Follacio also, not sure if he played or not. 27 player list mind you when i checked Friday morning.
Sorry if I offended you lol. Like i said well done. The team is flying.

As for judging them, how can you not say its a success already, if they miss you would think they finish 5th. What team finishes 5th and only have 3 losses up to here coming up from div 3? Not many I would say.
Again would give mention to who ever is running the show down there, picking up players that are mid 20s that have ability to build on and not paying massive overs.
I guess Hurstbridge have done the total opposite and spent cash on much more experienced but is still working for them.
Said it a few times, this year still has a few more twists and turns by finals I think!!!

When I looked at teams I saw Follacio also, not sure if he played or not. 27 player list mind you when i checked Friday morning.
Sorry if I offended you lol. Like i said well done. The team is flying.

As for judging them, how can you not say its a success already, if they miss you would think they finish 5th. What team finishes 5th and only have 3 losses up to here coming up from div 3? Not many I would say.
Again would give mention to who ever is running the show down there, picking up players that are mid 20s that have ability to build on and not paying massive overs.
I guess Hurstbridge have done the total opposite and spent cash on much more experienced but is still working for them.
Said it a few times, this year still has a few more twists and turns by finals I think!!!

Follachio still hasn't debuted for the bears

coming to the business end of the year, i think it will be tough to stop my guys lalor, or hurstbridge. stars as the smoky, but thomo could also be there abouts, especially with big ins to come in the lead up to finals

I disagree.
Hursty Lalor GF.

I have been to a few Hurstbridge games this year and from what I can see and what I am hearing I will throw my 2 cents worth in.

Why I don't think Hurstbridge can win the flag or be successful in years to come:

1/ Their 2 main forwards are both lead up forwards who are both obsolete when the ball hits the ground. Both are also ticking time bombs when things don't go their way. Too easy to get into their heads.
2/ The coach is not up to standard as a player and should sit in the coaches box. Demands the ball to be kicked to him all the time and gets angry with the players when they don't. Rarely marks it. Like the other 2 forwards he is obsolete when the ball hits the ground.
3/ They lack 2 quality forwards who are smart around goals and are good at ground level. The are trying to make backman into forwards and it is not working. They have one small forward who constantly kicks around his body for goal and doesn't look for a better option, he is a much better backman.
4/ Culture is deteriorating around the club because people are saying that to get a game you need to be related to the coach or work for him. And those players are not up to scratch either. Players walking in later in the season and playing straight away. Boys club.
5/ Doesn't relate to the young players, feeds them BS. I have heard that some of these players will walk at the end of the year.
6/ Midfield can be one paced at times.

Why I think Hurstbridge can win the flag:

1/ When you have Shaw, Farrelly, Harvey, Tilley and Kruezer in your side you always have a chance. But what about in 2016 or if they make Div 1?

Tipping update... (After Rd 12)

Ringadingding 40
Chet_Wynd 34
BomberARMY 32
John of all Johns 22
Albert You Star 9

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have been to a few Hurstbridge games this year and from what I can see and what I am hearing I will throw my 2 cents worth in.

Why I don't think Hurstbridge can win the flag or be successful in years to come:

1/ Their 2 main forwards are both lead up forwards who are both obsolete when the ball hits the ground. Both are also ticking time bombs when things don't go their way. Too easy to get into their heads.
2/ The coach is not up to standard as a player and should sit in the coaches box. Demands the ball to be kicked to him all the time and gets angry with the players when they don't. Rarely marks it. Like the other 2 forwards he is obsolete when the ball hits the ground.
3/ They lack 2 quality forwards who are smart around goals and are good at ground level. The are trying to make backman into forwards and it is not working. They have one small forward who constantly kicks around his body for goal and doesn't look for a better option, he is a much better backman.
4/ Culture is deteriorating around the club because people are saying that to get a game you need to be related to the coach or work for him. And those players are not up to scratch either. Players walking in later in the season and playing straight away. Boys club.
5/ Doesn't relate to the young players, feeds them BS. I have heard that some of these players will walk at the end of the year.

1/ When you have Shaw, Farrelly, Harvey, Tilley and Kruezer in your side you always have a chance. But what about in 2016 or if they make Div 1?
Well said.

I feel sorry for the younger players coming through that arnt getting a shot in the 1s because of the ring ins. Its no way to build a club caulture and will upset a lot of people who have been there a long time and love the club. And im sure the fringe players that work hard at training but arnt getting ago wont be to happy. Win or lose the flag im betting there will be a lot of players leaving at the end of the year with the "ring ins". Shaw, Farrelly, Harvey, Tilley and Kruezer wont play div 1 again.

Well said.

I feel sorry for the younger players coming through that arnt getting a shot in the 1s because of the ring ins. Its no way to build a club caulture and will upset a lot of people who have been there a long time and love the club. And im sure the fringe players that work hard at training but arnt getting ago wont be to happy. Win or lose the flag im betting there will be a lot of players leaving at the end of the year with the "ring ins". Shaw, Farrelly, Harvey, Tilley and Kruezer wont play div 1 again.
Great post!!
I have also heard that young players are getting nose out of joint a touch because of the higher paid ring ins.
As for winning a flag this year, the money they have spent this year to get them to that spot, then they will drop those players and pay the same amount at the start of next year during trade period.

Anyway, watch this space and lets see what happens.
Morale in a club is very important.

Great post!!
I have also heard that young players are getting nose out of joint a touch because of the higher paid ring ins.
As for winning a flag this year, the money they have spent this year to get them to that spot, then they will drop those players and pay the same amount at the start of next year during trade period.

Anyway, watch this space and lets see what happens.
Morale in a club is very important.

I don't think it is a money thing more an opportunity for some young players.

What is the clubs vision?

Is the coach trying to add a premiership to his resume to maybe coach at a higher level?

They are definitely looking at this year and not next year.

The 23rd player for last week should not have been dropped from what I saw. I can't believe that they persist in a few players who would be lucky to average 6 to 8 (being generous) possessions a game in the midfield.

The under 19's played after the seniors last week and I don't think I saw one senior coach watching. Very poor.

If they think these young players won't leave, watch this space. I know two who have already spoken to their new clubs for next year.

Some of the twos players wont be there as well.

SNAP

Love the fact that there are important, ladder changing games each week with the winners not easy to find.

Hurstbridge vs Lalor. Plenty of comment re the morale at the end of the train line but can't see the Bridges dropping this one to the Bloods.
Diamond Creek vs Panton Hill. The Demons have been playing well without luck and that can turn this week against the Redbacks.
Fitzroy Stars vs Thomastown. The Bears awoke last week with an important win while the Stars are hitting a purple patch. A great matchup.
Whittlesea vs Mernda. The Eagles will be dirty in dropping last weeks game and should take it out on the Demons.

Hurstbridge vs Lalor. Lalor too many outs. 50 point victory
Diamond Creek vs Panton Hill. Creek by 40, last week let me down.
Fitzroy Stars vs Thomastown. Sick of missing a tip with this bunch. 4 points. Just on that, so surprised to see a young team closing out so many close games. Not many games that the bear have won have been blowouts. 90% of games within 2 or 3 goals.
Whittlesea vs Mernda. Thought Mernda had found form, but was wrong and this will be important percentage booster for the Eagles.

Hurstbridge vs Lalor
Hurstbridge were lucky to win last week and will be keen to consolidate top spot. Lalor are hard to read at this stage as they seem a bit up and down. Should be a good game between two top four teams. Lalor by 5pts

Diamond Creek vs Panton Hill
Diamo have been ok but so have Panton hill the past few games so should be a good contest. Think the Hillers will cause a mini upset by 10pts

Fitzroy Stars vs Thomastown
Probably game of the round, definite 8pointer and a must win by both sides considering the draw ahead. Stars at home by 20pts

Whittlesea vs Mernda
Mernda have too many kids playing and are a monty for relegation. Whittlesea will look to atone last weeks disappointing loss. Whitt by 68 pts

I don't think it is a money thing more an opportunity for some young players.

What is the clubs vision?

Is the coach trying to add a premiership to his resume to maybe coach at a higher level?

They are definitely looking at this year and not next year.

The 23rd player for last week should not have been dropped from what I saw. I can't believe that they persist in a few players who would be lucky to average 6 to 8 (being generous) possessions a game in the midfield.

The under 19's played after the seniors last week and I don't think I saw one senior coach watching. Very poor.

If they think these young players won't leave, watch this space. I know two who have already spoken to their new clubs for next year.

Some of the twos players wont be there as well.

It's only going to get worse when they bring Saul in for his three games in the next week or two and then bring him back for the finals.

It's only going to get worse when they bring Saul in for his three games in the next week or two and then bring him back for the finals.
That would be great for the future of the club.
Maybe they should try and convince Jamie Shaw to come out of retirement.

Tipping update... (After Rd 13)

Ringadingding 41
Chet_Wynd 37
BomberARMY 35
John of all Johns 24
Albert You Star 9

Remove this Banner Ad

Back