2015 Division 2

Aug 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Awesome win by Lalor! wasn't expecting that at all.

Had my doubts about the bloods this season still do in fact but a win like the one they had on Saturday gives me belief that maybe they can achieve something this season, just maybe.

Yeah was a very impressive win. Hurstbridge were all over them half way into the second quarter (7 goals to 3 I think), but from that point on Lalor dominated the game. There is no real standout in this division, any of the top 4 can win on their day.

Going to be a few reports from the game though, especially a Lalor bloke who tried/did king hit a hursty bloke from behind.

localspy

Senior List
Jul 17, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Looks like the Stars might be just hitting their straps as they normally do this time of year.

Does anyone rate them and if they sneak in can they do any damage.

Looks like the Stars might be just hitting their straps as they normally do this time of year.

Does anyone rate them and if they sneak in can they do any damage.

They put on an absolute clinic in the first quarter when we played them a couple of weeks back, they bring that football to a Whittlesea, a Hurstbridge or a Lalor and they'll certainly be right in contention for a flag.

Football player

Draftee
Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
I have been to a few Hurstbridge games this year and from what I can see and what I am hearing I will throw my 2 cents worth in.

Why I don't think Hurstbridge can win the flag or be successful in years to come:

1/ Their 2 main forwards are both lead up forwards who are both obsolete when the ball hits the ground. Both are also ticking time bombs when things don't go their way. Too easy to get into their heads.
2/ The coach is not up to standard as a player and should sit in the coaches box. Demands the ball to be kicked to him all the time and gets angry with the players when they don't. Rarely marks it. Like the other 2 forwards he is obsolete when the ball hits the ground.
3/ They lack 2 quality forwards who are smart around goals and are good at ground level. The are trying to make backman into forwards and it is not working. They have one small forward who constantly kicks around his body for goal and doesn't look for a better option, he is a much better backman.
4/ Culture is deteriorating around the club because people are saying that to get a game you need to be related to the coach or work for him. And those players are not up to scratch either. Players walking in later in the season and playing straight away. Boys club.
5/ Doesn't relate to the young players, feeds them BS. I have heard that some of these players will walk at the end of the year.
6/ Midfield can be one paced at times.

Why I think Hurstbridge can win the flag:

1/ When you have Shaw, Farrelly, Harvey, Tilley and Kruezer in your side you always have a chance. But what about in 2016 or if they make Div 1?

Disgruntled player/parent??

luvlocalfuty

Debutant
May 13, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yeah was a very impressive win. Hurstbridge were all over them half way into the second quarter (7 goals to 3 I think), but from that point on Lalor dominated the game. There is no real standout in this division, any of the top 4 can win on their day.

Going to be a few reports from the game though, especially a Lalor bloke who tried/did king hit a hursty bloke from behind.
Little bloke syndrome. Absolute dogs act. Clear vision on replay of him king hitting/coward punching. Weeks for sure. No20. Dirty midget

John of all Johns

Team Captain
Oct 23, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Little bloke syndrome. Absolute dogs act. Clear vision on replay of him king hitting/coward punching. Weeks for sure. No20. Dirty midget
Not condoning at all. But doesn't look as bad as what i thought it was as people have been talking about it all day.
Looks like he did go for king hit but pulls him down in a head lock instead.
I wasn't at the game to see the incident but that's what it looks like to me in video.

I'm not sure but watching the game on video there is spot fires all day and a few "smart ass" incidents.
Again not a good look, not what you want to see and just like the Mernda bloke should be worrying about playing football not whacking blokes.

2 weeks maybe.

localspy

Senior List
Jul 17, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Lalor fair enough they are sitting on top, but stars? they arnt even in the 4. If stars do make it who drops out?

Its going to be a very exciting last 5 rounds.

Its going to be very interesting in the last 5 rounds but I think Stars have the easiest draw in the run home.

Stars - Panton Hill (twice), Diamo, Whittlesea & Thomo
Hursty - Whittlesea (twice), Thomo, Diamo & Panton Hill
Lalor - Thomo (twice), Whittlesea, Panton Hill & Diamo
W/sea - Hursty (twice), Lalor, Stars & Mernda
Thomo - Lalor (twice), Hursty, Stars & Mernda

John of all Johns

Team Captain
Oct 23, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Looks like Thomo cost me a perfect round again.

As for comments of having walk ins, looking at Lalor's win on the weekend against a flag favourite I see:
D.Morrison
Delcus
Kiely
Ryan
Sandy
Mafilovski
Kelly
Curtis

All out.

I know for a fact that Thomastown have a few out also but i'll go from round 1 to the team that played on the weekend.
Follacio
Leo
Vaccaro
Natoli
Fazzari
Cadby
Beare
Fellowes
Lesar

Football is a game that injuries can make or break a side, and to be honest i'm sure other teams have the same problem. But for all other sides put your injury list down also as I and am sure others find it interesting.
But as for the above a few names that would be handy back in either side.
Make what you want out of it.

gaz15

Team Captain
Jan 11, 2009
melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
manchester united
I have been to a few Hurstbridge games this year and from what I can see and what I am hearing I will throw my 2 cents worth in.

Why I don't think Hurstbridge can win the flag or be successful in years to come:

1/ Their 2 main forwards are both lead up forwards who are both obsolete when the ball hits the ground. Both are also ticking time bombs when things don't go their way. Too easy to get into their heads.
2/ The coach is not up to standard as a player and should sit in the coaches box. Demands the ball to be kicked to him all the time and gets angry with the players when they don't. Rarely marks it. Like the other 2 forwards he is obsolete when the ball hits the ground.
3/ They lack 2 quality forwards who are smart around goals and are good at ground level. The are trying to make backman into forwards and it is not working. They have one small forward who constantly kicks around his body for goal and doesn't look for a better option, he is a much better backman.
4/ Culture is deteriorating around the club because people are saying that to get a game you need to be related to the coach or work for him. And those players are not up to scratch either. Players walking in later in the season and playing straight away. Boys club.
5/ Doesn't relate to the young players, feeds them BS. I have heard that some of these players will walk at the end of the year.
6/ Midfield can be one paced at times.

Why I think Hurstbridge can win the flag:

1/ When you have Shaw, Farrelly, Harvey, Tilley and Kruezer in your side you always have a chance. But what about in 2016 or if they make Div 1?

I'm a regular hurstbridge watcher and find a few of your points way off. The culture is fine down there. Know a fair few of the boys and from what they say it's acgreat mix of older wiser heads and a group of 10-12 18-20 year olds that are the future of the club taking time to gel. The feeling with the supporters is great too. If they win it this year good, if not, next year all those young blokes will be a year older and stronger.

peoplle are always going to throw rumours out there when they see a club come from nowhere and yes, they have spent a bit this year. But it's not as much as you would think. About time too I reckon. Hurstbridge are one of The only clubs not to have done it really!

Rushed Point

Debutant
Jul 9, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'm a regular hurstbridge watcher and find a few of your points way off. The culture is fine down there. Know a fair few of the boys and from what they say it's acgreat mix of older wiser heads and a group of 10-12 18-20 year olds that are the future of the club taking time to gel. The feeling with the supporters is great too. If they win it this year good, if not, next year all those young blokes will be a year older and stronger.

peoplle are always going to throw rumours out there when they see a club come from nowhere and yes, they have spent a bit this year. But it's not as much as you would think. About time too I reckon. Hurstbridge are one of The only clubs not to have done it really!
What points do you find way off? I made several other points other than the culture.
I know what I know through what I have heard. I stand by that. Just keep an eye on the clearance page at the start of next year.
Unfortunately it has always been an issue for Hurstbridge to try and keep their young guns and the tradition will continue next year. I will always support them as I have for the last 15 years, but I want them to have long term success and not just be a one hit wonder.

sceamer

Senior List
Dec 1, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
What points do you find way off? I made several other points other than the culture.
I know what I know through what I have heard. I stand by that. Just keep an eye on the clearance page at the start of next year.
Unfortunately it has always been an issue for Hurstbridge to try and keep their young guns and the tradition will continue next year. I will always support them as I have for the last 15 years, but I want them to have long term success and not just be a one hit wonder.
Well if you dont want them to be a one hit wonder stop having a go at them and get on the committee and have a say about it instead of getting on here airing your anger

Rushed Point

Debutant
Jul 9, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Well if you dont want them to be a one hit wonder stop having a go at them and get on the committee and have a say about it instead of getting on here airing your anger
Again, what parts of my statements do you find incorrect? I am not having a go at them. I have stated what I believe are some of their weaknesses. You seem to be the angry one, I am only stating what I have heard. Don't shoot the messenger.

gaz15

Team Captain
Jan 11, 2009
melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
manchester united

Hard for all div 2 teams to keep the young guns. But the culture is fine down there, better than the last few years anyway.

They could definatly do with a big key forward. Don't think they are one paced at all in the mid. A few of the younger boys are very quick.
And I don't think the clearance list will be as bad as you think.

You sound pretty negative for a long term supporter, are you not happy with the turn around this year?

Back