2015 Division 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought you would know, you seem to think you know all the other going's on around the club.
Please read the question carefully, I was asking for other peoples opinions. What do you think highschoolend? Or are you too scared to make a prediction because the club will be a one hit wonder.

What or who are the differences to each side winning on the weekend?

I think I made mention of it before but Lalor and Hurstbridge will be interesting to look at on a neutral ground - Lalor has the edge on the smaller Ben Frilay Oval but Hurstbridge have had their way on Lalor Reserve which is obviously a bigger ground. I see the second semi being won in the midfield - both have powerful forward lines (edging towards Lalor on this one) but whoever gets it out of the midfield will be able to deliver it quickly. Both have very good midfields - Lalor's slightly more balanced IMO - but I think Hurstbridge with Kruezer have the better ruckman.

I'm keen to see which of the two sides have the most scoreboard impact from that midfield - looking through the stats when writing the preview both Lalor and Hurstbridge are ranked =2nd in the comp for players who've kicked 10 goals or more this season, so while Hurstbridge will be looking for the likes of Burton/Burns/Simpson and perhaps Furlong to kick a few as well, and Lalor looking for Hughes/Smith/Mafilovski/Sandy to kick bags, I'm also keen to see which midfield has more impact on the scoreboard.

As for the Sunday semi I see Fitzroy giving Whittlesea a lot of trouble, particularly the form they've been in. It looks as though that form has come at the right time of the year. Having said that, Whittlesea played some of their most undesirable football against the Stars last time and they still only lost by a point so if they're in the right mindset (which I'm not sure they have been the last three weeks - two losses and an ugly win against Mernda coming in) they can come out and kick a big score.

I expect this one to be a shootout - taking out the draw earlier this season most Whittlesea/Fitzroy games tend to be high scoring, and so they should be, they are the two highest scoring sides in the comp and along with Lalor are the only sides who have averaged 100 points a game, so if the scoreline read something like 120-105 or along the lines of that I wouldn't surprise me, particularly on the big ground where you get space to run. Just think it'll suit the Stars a little more.

Also for anyone keen on watching the 19s on the Saturday make note that the game has been moved to 8am as the Whittlesea boys will be gathering at a mate's funeral later on that afternoon. Good move by the NFL and to South Morang (the competing club) to allow this to happen.

I think I made mention of it before but Lalor and Hurstbridge will be interesting to look at on a neutral ground - Lalor has the edge on the smaller Ben Frilay Oval but Hurstbridge have had their way on Lalor Reserve which is obviously a bigger ground. I see the second semi being won in the midfield - both have powerful forward lines (edging towards Lalor on this one) but whoever gets it out of the midfield will be able to deliver it quickly. Both have very good midfields - Lalor's slightly more balanced IMO - but I think Hurstbridge with Kruezer have the better ruckman.

I'm keen to see which of the two sides have the most scoreboard impact from that midfield - looking through the stats when writing the preview both Lalor and Hurstbridge are ranked =2nd in the comp for players who've kicked 10 goals or more this season, so while Hurstbridge will be looking for the likes of Burton/Burns/Simpson and perhaps Furlong to kick a few as well, and Lalor looking for Hughes/Smith/Mafilovski/Sandy to kick bags, I'm also keen to see which midfield has more impact on the scoreboard.

As for the Sunday semi I see Fitzroy giving Whittlesea a lot of trouble, particularly the form they've been in. It looks as though that form has come at the right time of the year. Having said that, Whittlesea played some of their most undesirable football against the Stars last time and they still only lost by a point so if they're in the right mindset (which I'm not sure they have been the last three weeks - two losses and an ugly win against Mernda coming in) they can come out and kick a big score.

I expect this one to be a shootout - taking out the draw earlier this season most Whittlesea/Fitzroy games tend to be high scoring, and so they should be, they are the two highest scoring sides in the comp and along with Lalor are the only sides who have averaged 100 points a game, so if the scoreline read something like 120-105 or along the lines of that I wouldn't surprise me, particularly on the big ground where you get space to run. Just think it'll suit the Stars a little more.

Also for anyone keen on watching the 19s on the Saturday make note that the game has been moved to 8am as the Whittlesea boys will be gathering at a mate's funeral later on that afternoon. Good move by the NFL and to South Morang (the competing club) to allow this to happen.

your spot on here tasmanlvr, just wondering if we can get your thoughts on the reserves as well? might give you a bit more to do in the last few weeks of the season before retreating to the div 3 thread.

your spot on here tasmanlvr, just wondering if we can get your thoughts on the reserves as well? might give you a bit more to do in the last few weeks of the season before retreating to the div 3 thread.

Hopefully not retreating for long hahaha

I only played against Thomastown and Whittlesea this year out of the sides who made it so I can't really give a gauge out of the other game between Hurstbridge and Diamo. Thomastown have struggled in finals footy the last couple of years (even in Div 3) but with all those inclusions they'll be a little stronger this year. Keen to see how Whittlesea go too, I would say they weren't at their best when we played them and they've struggled against us.

Im on the Stars wagon. Love to see them out of 2nd div and they have some impressive form coming into finals. Lalor solid also but im tipping some of there peanuts to lose control and over use there intimidation, namely no's 10 and 11, 2 absolute morons. Whitt will finish 4th and im tipping hurst to cau

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shitful day to watch the footy. Scurrying around trying to write notes from the game is not fun.

Lalor far too good apart from about 20 minutes. Hurstbridge had their moments, probably the little period form the end of the first until midway through the second and towards the end of the third they dominanted but apart from that they couldn't hold a candle to the Bloods.

Harley Ryan sensational.

First one got up tipped the bloods for a 35 got it with a 38 hoping the stars get it done today, which would make next weeks game a real fire starter. I think they should with Whittlesea having two key parts of their side missing out, hopefully this rain stays away so we can enjoy a cracking game of footy :)

Whittlesea through to the preliminary despite a late Stars come back the eagles had the match under control pretty much all day imo. was never in doubt.
Surprisingly accurate kicking from both teams only seven behinds for the whole match!

Interesting Preliminary Final Hurstbridge V Whittlesea should be a beauty! hope they bash the crap out of each other through! I know who I want to win for Lalor's sake! but I think the eagles will be the more composed, to good and take out the win.

I'm quite content to say the stars have the worst supporters in the comp, they whinge and moan all day!
And what a waste of talent on the park! Effort always beats Talent!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back