2015 Division 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Quite interested seeing a new team within the recent few year come up and have a crack at D2 good luck to them and I wouldn't count anyone out yet, I'm sure they would have some potential recruits on their list, just like thomastown last year.

Does anyone know why Reservoir are on the hunt for a new coach after winning a flag?
Noticed he has been appointed by Glenroy.

Does anyone know why Reservoir are on the hunt for a new coach after winning a flag?
Noticed he has been appointed by Glenroy.

Heard on the weekend that they might ask to stay down in Div 3 or may even go into recess (wouldn't be the 1st time they have done it) due to players going with the coach and the piggy bank is empty.

Heard on the weekend that they might ask to stay down in Div 3 or may even go into recess (wouldn't be the 1st time they have done it) due to players going with the coach and the piggy bank is empty.

Geez it makes you wonder if its worth a flag if thats the final wash up of it all. There was a similar instance in the WRFL Div 2 where Parkside won the flag but then went down to Div 3 and competed in a Grand Final again...farcical. Hopefully the NFL handle this situation a lot better if your rumour is true.
I do have it on good authority though that Glenroy don't have a lot of cash to spend, however maybe that quote was taken after they've already committed to the Mustang boys?

This article says otherwise.

Reservoir's premiership coach on the move

PREMIERSHIP coach Ross Terranova’s reign at Reservoir is over.

After leading the Mustangs to a drought-breaking flag in Northern Football League Division 3, Terranova has accepted the vacant coaching role at Glenroy.

Terranova has previous experience in the Essendon District Football League, having coached Pascoe Vale’s reserves side before spending the past four years at Reservoir.
He said leaving the Mustangs just weeks after their first premiership in 31 years had been a difficult decision.

“It was an opportunity that came up and it’s more the challenge than anything else,” Terranova said.

“Going back to the old league as well ... it’s been a quite difficult weekend.

“Reservoir are a fantastic club and off the ground they are in a good position.

“There’s some great people down there and it is a very, very good club.

“Personally, it might come across as selfish, but it’s more about opportunity to progress my coaching.”

Terranova will replace outgoing Roys coach Lance Whitnall at Sewell Reserve.

“I had a get together with Glenroy last week, they put (the offer) forward and I let (Reservoir president Anthony Dal Santo) and the club know what the situation was,” he said.

“I had a meeting with the club on Friday night, said to them I’d make a decision over the weekend. It was pretty tough.”

Terranova said he was excited by the potential of Glenroy’s young list as the club looks to improve on its sixth-placed finish in Division 1 this year.

“I’ve got some big shoes to fill replacing Lance Whitnall,” he said.

He predicted Reservoir would prosper in Division 2 next year.

“We set out to achieve success and I think we’ve done that on and off the field,” he said.

“The people that have been around the club, it’s a credit to them to be able to get the club to where it is today.

“To win the Division 3 flag is fantastic and they’ll be fine in Division 2.”

Terranova said he had no plans to poach the Mustangs’ premiership heroes.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/...-for-2016-season/story-fni5htyf-1227547629255

Last edited:
Not sure if I would believe this, as he took a number of players from his previous club (which he is a life member at) to Resa. Let's wait and see I guess.

From what i heard, he didn't 'take' the players...the players were leaving regardless...Anyway, all the best to him & hopefully Reservoir pick up a quality coach to take the club into Div 2

I would be worried if I was resa as terranova did chase players from Paco my guess is they will lose o,meara ,flavel and roony for a start as they are good mates with terranova .If they go into recess I don't think they will get back this time as I pretty sure they don't have enough junior team to carry on and the council has team(soccer) bashing down the door for grounds

Not going into recess. Far from it. Just rumours. The club is moving forward and it's all systems go in div 2. Rumour put to bed.

That is good news that resa wont be having a slumber for a season or two ,but I am still hearing rumors from club land that resa owes the league a fair bit of money and that the other clubs are not in favour of wiping the debt .This could be a major issue for resa and the NFL

That is good news that resa wont be having a slumber for a season or two ,but I am still hearing rumors from club land that resa owes the league a fair bit of money and that the other clubs are not in favour of wiping the debt .This could be a major issue for resa and the NFL

They wouldn't have been able to play finals if they owed the NFL money.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They wouldn't have been able to play finals if they owed the NFL money.

I have not heard that rule before but they must sorted something out to play finals but I hope the whispers that the piggy bank is dry is not true and that they have most of the good young blokes locked up on contacts as its not too far down the road to Glenroy . Good luck to resa for next year I hope they do ok and stay up

I would be worried if I was resa as terranova did chase players from Paco my guess is they will lose o,meara ,flavel and roony for a start as they are good mates with terranova .If they go into recess I don't think they will get back this time as I pretty sure they don't have enough junior team to carry on and the council has team(soccer) bashing down the door for grounds

They left, he didnt chase them. All will be fine. Nothing to worry about. Cheers

Another rumour which simply isnt true. Club is in good shape & will be playing in Div 2 next year. I cant see why ppl are still talking about this.
Iamyourfather you seem to have the low down on resa are you connected to the club I would be happy as for resa to be successful again. good on them for this year but talking to some ex resa people they are saying all things not as good as they should be but this could be sour grapes on their part who knows but where there is smoke there is fire also I wont name the persons involved

With North back in Div 2 I can report all coaches from 2015 as is & 90% of the list signed which includes Harvey, M.Florance, Lonergan, Bramich & all young players who made an impression in Div 1. Hard working Coach & his team working on building the U/19s numbers with the current group being bottom age in 2015 they will be a competitive unit next season. Off field new committee in place with plenty of changes will see the club stronger financially. One or two people new to the club or former players throwing some coin in.

Last edited:
With North back in Div 2 I can report all coaches from 2015 as is & 90% of the list signed which includes Harvey, M.Florance, Lonergan, Bramich & all young players who made an impression in Div 1. Hard working Coach & his team working on building the U/19s numbers with the current group being bottom age in 2015 they will be a competitive unit next season. Off field new committee in place with plenty of changes will see the club stronger financially. One or two people new to the club or former players throwing some coin in.

Jeff Ryan returning? Or Lachie Dowling? Think Simon Andrews on the smaller div 2 grounds could have a big year.

Not sure about Ryan or Dowling will have to wait & see however Simple would be a handful particularly with better supply. Looking to add some more midfield depth & so far signs are encouraging.

The possibility of a package of players from an rdfl grand final winning side Dubai man? A very very handy package at that to

Iamyourfather you seem to have the low down on resa are you connected to the club I would be happy as for resa to be successful again. good on them for this year but talking to some ex resa people they are saying all things not as good as they should be but this could be sour grapes on their part who knows but where there is smoke there is fire also I wont name the persons involved

it would appear the NFL looks at this forum by their response to the rumours of ressa's financial position on their website.

Don't think North will have a problem being competitive in div 2, it's just if they manage to get up to div 1 and whether or not they can establish themselves there. Are they moving toward a more sustainable model?
A financially sustainable model is the plan Cotchin 9 so the club can be competitive first of all in Div 2 & hopefully advancing & maintaining our status in Div 1.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back