2015 Division 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Panton Hill vs Thomastown The Bears could be in for a good season and should beat the Redbacks.
Mernda vs Lalor Boy, have the Bloods done some recruiting and will be able to handle the Demons
Whittlesea vs Diamond Creek Interesting to see how the Eagles respond to being back in this divsion
Fitzroy Stars vs Hurstbridge The Bridges have also done a ton of recruiting and should beat the Stars

Saw Fitzroy v Hurstbridge at cramer st today. Perfect day for football and bugger all wind (shocking i know).

Hurstbridge kept their pre season form up playing pretty poorly. Bad skills killed them and turnovers against fitzroy are the death of you. They lost Shaw just after half time with concussion but then fitzroy lost proctor a couple of minutes later. Hurstbridge down to 2 on bench just after half time. The Stars were just too good and easily accounted for hurstbridge who look to have some work to do.

Must be said though, the umpiring was terrible. Some of the decisions that were not paid but then paid to fitzroy beggered belief. I think it did impact the game to an extent but not the result. Pretty attrocious really.

Some other interestng results with thomastonw winning first up. Looks like lalor might be pretty strong.

Saw Fitzroy v Hurstbridge at cramer st today. Perfect day for football and bugger all wind (shocking i know).

Hurstbridge kept their pre season form up playing pretty poorly. Bad skills killed them and turnovers against fitzroy are the death of you. They lost Shaw just after half time with concussion but then fitzroy lost proctor a couple of minutes later. Hurstbridge down to 2 on bench just after half time. The Stars were just too good and easily accounted for hurstbridge who look to have some work to do.

Must be said though, the umpiring was terrible. Some of the decisions that were not paid but then paid to fitzroy beggered belief. I think it did impact the game to an extent but not the result. Pretty attrocious really.

Some other interestng results with thomastonw winning first up. Looks like lalor might be pretty strong.

Ok Fitzroy Stars were runners up last season so where is the surprise with them winning and apparently easily, just because Hurstbridge apparently recruited well doesn't make them a good team. Can't understand why you are surprised Thomastown won, we are only one game in to the season. 17 weeks to go a lot can happen before finals

Ok Fitzroy Stars were runners up last season so where is the surprise with them winning and apparently easily, just because Hurstbridge apparently recruited well doesn't make them a good team. Can't understand why you are surprised Thomastown won, we are only one game in to the season. 17 weeks to go a lot can happen before finals

not sure what you read, but i didnt say it was a surprise that fitzroy won, in fact i expected it. I was surprised that panton hill lost as they were very good last year. Some people can find anything to be offended about

Apparently recruited well?? Every div 2 side would like Shaw, Farrelly and Tilley in there side.

Happy with my 4 correct tips,

Lalor having a huge win over mernda, what a cracking game stars vs bloods will be.

Anyone catch any of whit vs creek.?

A.Smith from Mernda wont survive the year. All he needs to end his career is a yellow card, the blood got under his skin far to easily. If they lose him they will be in real trouble.

lalor vs stars
tip lalor to win 3 points.
Game of the round should be a cracker, stars won last week but looked to turn the ball over.
Lalors foward line fired last week if the ball gets in there like last week stars may crack

Phill vs whittlesea
Tip phill to win 100points
This could be a huge shake up at the Hill, whit will flex their muscles all day long

Creek vs thomo
Thomo to win by 12 points
all pre season was about who thomo have signed and how fit they are, huge ground this will be there test. They unleash their new signing of Ferraro multiple goal scorers last week will keep creek busy

hbridge vs mernda
Hbridge to win 85 points
Mernda have had a terrible off season and got a good ol tough up from lalor, with more injury concerns they will be facing down the barrel of 0-2

lalor vs stars
tip lalor to win 3 points.
Game of the round should be a cracker, stars won last week but looked to turn the ball over.
Lalors foward line fired last week if the ball gets in there like last week stars may crack

Phill vs whittlesea
Tip phill to win 100points
This could be a huge shake up at the Hill, whit will flex their muscles all day long

Creek vs thomo
Thomo to win by 12 points
all pre season was about who thomo have signed and how fit they are, huge ground this will be there test. They unleash their new signing of Ferraro multiple goal scorers last week will keep creek busy

hbridge vs mernda
Hbridge to win 85 points
Mernda have had a terrible off season and got a good ol tough up from lalor, with more injury concerns they will be facing down the barrel of 0-2

Well done on 4 tips last week.

Lalor v Fitzroy - end in a draw.
Phill v Whittlesea - Whittlesea by 65 points
Creek v Bears - Creek by 17 points
Bridge v Mernda - Bridge by 22 points.

Good luck to all.
A big watch on Thomastown's recruit, Ferraro.
Heard a bit on him over the preseason and with the practice matches form it is probably all valid as his dominant performances shows.
Real stuff now for him let's see how he goes.

Lalor v stars- Lalor by 3 goals
Whittlesea v phill- 40 pts
Creek v Thomo- Creek play there ground well
Bridge v Mernda- Bridge should bounce back

This week:

Hurstbridge vs Mernda - Both were disappointing last week with the Bridges to break the ice.
Diamond Creek vs Thomastown - A hard one to predict but giving the nod to the Bears.
Lalor vs Fitzroy Stars - And early Grand Final preview with the home ground favouring the Bloods.
Panton Hill vs Whittlesea - Another interesting game with the small grond to make it close but the Eagles to get the points.

Lalor vs Stars
Should be a really tight game throughout with the Stars forwardline hard to maintain. Stars in a good game. 4 Goals

Whittlesea vs Panton Hill
whittlesea should win. 5 goals

Diamo vs Thomo
Diamo should come away with the win in a hard fought game. 3 Goals

Hurstbridge vs Mernda
Both teams are desperate for a win but Hurstbridge to get their first win for the year. 4 Goals

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lalor and star great game. i believe they will have a great battle all year.

Phill beating Whittlesea no great surprise, Phill play there ground very well and could beat anyone there.

Could Thomo be the real deal? or have they had and easy start to the year?

Phill beating Whittlesea no great surprise, Phill play there ground very well and could beat anyone there.

Played 2 of the lower sides thomo have, but u can only play who your put up against

They may as well call me the king.
8/8 no fluke im the one.

Phill vs Bridge
I tipped the upset last week and it got up, whit had some injuries and i think they just got lucky on the day.
Hbridge are bulding something big this year.
Bridge by 55

Creek vs lalor
Lalor the div2 stars at the moment, they have taken all before them punishing mernda and beating the stars, this is no teat as creek are 0-2 and are going bad like mernda
Lalor 75pts

Thomo vs stars
Well thomo who would of thought 2-0.. Who have they beaten ? Not much at all. Im afraid this will be there first of many losses this year as their draw gets tough.
Stars wont like losing to lalor
Stars by plenty

Mernda vs whit
Will anyone even watch this game.?
Whit by 80

They may as well call me the king.
8/8 no fluke im the one.

Phill vs Bridge
I tipped the upset last week and it got up, whit had some injuries and i think they just got lucky on the day.
Hbridge are bulding something big this year.
Bridge by 55

Creek vs lalor
Lalor the div2 stars at the moment, they have taken all before them punishing mernda and beating the stars, this is no teat as creek are 0-2 and are going bad like mernda
Lalor 75pts

Thomo vs stars
Well thomo who would of thought 2-0.. Who have they beaten ? Not much at all. Im afraid this will be there first of many losses this year as their draw gets tough.
Stars wont like losing to lalor
Stars by plenty

Mernda vs whit
Will anyone even watch this game.?
Whit by 80

Love your insight each week pal!!
Well done on picking 8 so far especially with PHILL upset.

Phill vs Bridge - Bridges have a solid team and need to play more together as a team and will only get better as the year gets on. Bridge by 25
Creek vs Lalor - I'm tipping this as the upset of the week creek by 13.
Thomo vs Stars - I said spotlight was on Ferraro last week, I watched a half and seen he had 4 or 5 scoring shots and only capitalized on one major for the whole game which was his first kick. For Thomo to win games they need him to kick straight to kick a big score. With that being said, I think stars are the bench mark even after losing to Lalor last week. Stars by 47 points
Mernda vs Whit - only reason I have interest in this game is too see where whit are actually at. whittlesea by 5 goals.

Panton Hill vs Hurstbridge
After a big upset win last week the Hillers will be up and about and I think they can take it right up to Hurstbridge, but I think the Bridges' firepower in the middle and up forward will be too much. Hurstbridge by 28pts

Diamond Creek vs Lalor
Lalor have started the season in great fashion, having a big win against Mernda and then knocking off the Grand finalists in the Stars. Creek look to be struggling at this stage, so think Lalor will win comfortably by 35pts

Thomastown vs Stars
Thomo have had a great start and being 2-0 they will have some confidence heading into this weekends matchup, but the Stars had a poor showing last week and still only went down by 8pts to an in-form Lalor. Stars to get back in the winners circle by 40pts

Mernda vs Whittlesea
Mernda look to be in trouble even at this early stage of the season and desperately need to get a win on the board, unlucky for them as they face Whittlesea at home and the Eagles should have no trouble. Whittlesea by 50pts

Good luck to all the teams on this ANZAC weekend.

Great to see a few people sprouting their thoughts on the games each week.

Hurstbridge vs Panton Hill The Redbacks surprised (at least me) last week and will be looking to add to their tally but don't think the Bridges will be surprised
Diamond Creek vs Lalor The Demons are staring down the barrel of 0-3 and will fight hard but the Bloods should get the win
Thomastown vs Fitzroy Stars This will tell us how good the Bears are but on teh big ground the quick Stars should prevail
Mernda vs Whittlesea The Demons are another team looking to kick-start their season but probably not this week against the Eagles

Great to see a few people sprouting their thoughts on the games each week.
I love it also, just wished there was a bit more during the week.

Hurstbridge vs Panton Hill The Redbacks surprised (at least me) last week and will be looking to add to their tally but don't think the Bridges will be surprised
Diamond Creek vs Lalor The Demons are staring down the barrel of 0-3 and will fight hard but the Bloods should get the win
Thomastown vs Fitzroy Stars This will tell us how good the Bears are but on teh big ground the quick Stars should prevail The quick stars? This could turn into a need for speed battle as Thomo won the flag last on the bases of being a very quick young side. Can't wait to see the out come of this game.
Mernda vs Whittlesea The Demons are another team looking to kick-start their season but probably not this week against the Eagles

Watched the game today Thomastown were in front virtually all day and Stars kept pegging them back. At 5 min mark of last quarter Thomastown went out to a 5 goal lead and then stars pegged them back. Was a pretty good game to watch Ferraro had his kicking boots on this week and think he kicked 6

Watched the game today Thomastown were in front virtually all day and Stars kept pegging them back. At 5 min mark of last quarter Thomastown went out to a 5 goal lead and then stars pegged them back. Was a pretty good game to watch Ferraro had his kicking boots on this week and think he kicked 6
Said in previous posts that he needs to kick straight.
Well done today to Thomo.
I love the fact that we are in for a very interesting year.
Well done to all winners!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back