2015 Division 3

Remove this Banner Ad

No idea who Mernda had out but Morang beat them by about 8 goals today. Had a few out including Johnston and one of the Buckleys. Moved the ball well and hit the packs hard.

Any one who says things like "it is their flag to lose" just doesn't understand footy, but they are going to be very hard to beat by the looks.

kirby, johnson, buckley, pavitt, shelton just to name a few of the players missing. Good signs for the lions but its only march. Surely doesnt bode well for mernda in div 2. Going to be a long year one would think.
Any other results? Reservoir talk has been quiet?

EPPING v St Mary's
epping by 7 points, st marys run and carry will test epping, but experience will rain supreme.

SOUTH MORANG v Reservoir
Lions by 15 points, match of the round. Lions recruits and young list seem cherry ripe going by praccy match results.

BANYULE v Heidelberg West
Bears by 79 points. Bears the unknown, but will surely be to good for a side who looms as wooden spooners after loosing there best player.

Epping v St Mary's - Burra to catch Epping off guard on there own deck here

South Morang V Reservoir - South Morang, pre season has been enormous from recruiting point of view and the practice match form has been impressive

Banyule v West - going with the Bears, they have been talking themselves up for 6 months and are expecting to walk into a grand final. West have lost a couple and picked a couple and will be more competitive

An interesting game with Epping getting across the line from an improved St Mary's
Red hot premiership favourites South Morang will trounce Reservoir who could struggle this season.
The new unknowns in Banyule should beat their neighbours in West Heidelberg

Good game between Epping and st Mary's. Epping looked like winning the game comfortably before a late surge by the burra, couple more minutes and rekon they would of won. #22 for Epping pretty much nearly handed burra the game wouldn't be in the coaches good books

Good tipping by the voice. And scores not far off either. Big statement by bears and lions to start off the year

jump in for some early round 2 tips
resa v epping
haven't seen either of these teams play in 2015 yet so not 100% sure on this one, epping were only just good enough against st Marys and reservoir were jumped early from the premiership favourites.
epping to control the first half but reservoir to overrun them .
mustangs by 4

heidelberg west v South
this could get ugly

South by 110

st Marys v Watsonia
local rivalry with two very even sides going at it.
should be close but I'll go with the Burra at home

st Marys by 16

st Marys by 16[/QUOTE]
Good game between Epping and st Mary's. Epping looked like winning the game comfortably before a late surge by the burra, couple more minutes and rekon they would of won. #22 for Epping pretty much nearly handed burra the game wouldn't be in the coaches good books

Also watched the Epping & St Mary's game. St Marys have a number of talented young players in their side from last year's under 19 flag. Hard to judge at such an early stage, but think they may be the fittest side we will see in Div3 this season. Their running was what got them back in the game and almost snatched it!

Does anyone know if Watsonia managed to get their under 19 side up? They were supposed to play Sth Morang on Saturday, but NFL results have nothing?

st Marys by 16

Also watched the Epping & St Mary's game. St Marys have a number of talented young players in their side from last year's under 19 flag. Hard to judge at such an early stage, but think they may be the fittest side we will see in Div3 this season. Their running was what got them back in the game and almost snatched it!

Does anyone know if Watsonia managed to get their under 19 side up? They were supposed to play Sth Morang on Saturday, but NFL results have nothing?[/QUOTE]
Apparently watsonia 19s only couldnt get a side for round 1, game against us (south morang) postponed until queens birthday weekend. On another the fixture for 19's is terrible we dont vs hurstbridge or whittlesea i think

Does anyone know if Watsonia managed to get their under 19 side up? They were supposed to play Sth Morang on Saturday, but NFL results have nothing?
Apparently watsonia 19s only couldnt get a side for round 1, game against us (south morang) postponed until queens birthday weekend. On another the fixture for 19's is terrible we dont vs hurstbridge or whittlesea i think[/QUOTE]

Apparently watsonia 19s only couldnt get a side for round 1, game against us (south morang) postponed until queens birthday weekend. On another the fixture for 19's is terrible we dont vs hurstbridge or whittlesea i think[/QUOTE]

Mernda 19s don't play Diamo, St Marys or Watsonia.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Banyule will give St Marys a shake for the fittest side I think

Could do. Bit of unknown at this point - hard to judge on Saturday's game vs Heid West. Reviewing the video, they moved the ball well and ran well, but were never really pushed. Looking forward to the Anzac Day game St.Mary's vs Banyule. Could be a good indicator of where both sides are, even this early in the season.

ROUND 2 TIPS -

Epp vs Resa - Pingers by 24 pts. After last week Epping will want to show they are a serious contender, and likewise Reservoir. Could be a tough hitout for both.
H/West vs S/Morang - Lions by plenty. Will be up to them how badly they want to inflict damage on the Hawks
St Marys vs Wats - Burra by 40 pts. Good prep for big clash vs Bears next week

i went and had a look at resa V southy last weekend. south look good plenty of young guys who ran the ball also the south full forward was giving good instruction to the young blokes all day on where to run and who to cover .where as the number 4 for resa who I think was the full forward looked frustrated and out of touch he was late to the contest a few times and just ran into the young south blokes to try and rough them up also gave his young players nothing in the way of instruction's like his southy counterpart it might be a long season for resa . south morang to make top two for finals race

Reservoir to bounce back against the pi gers and win by 12 points.

St marys to take the W by 23 points over watsonia

Lions by 67 over west Heidelberg.

Any tips for goalkicker, comp bnf?

This week:

St Marys vs Watsonia - The battle of the Sainters with the home side to get the points.
Reservoir vs Epping - The big ground won't worry the Blues who should inflict more pain on the Mustangs.
West Heidelberg vs South Morang - This doesn't look good for the Hawks with the Lions to roar.

Good to see west Heidelberg give SM a scare, even if they had no one on the bench due to injuries.

did they have too many seniors in the seconds?

Seems as though the side was good enough to do beat Reservoir comprehensively but they get a scare from west and now they are playing "seniors" in the reserves, sounds like excuses. Certainly some good names in the reserves by the look of it however with Buckley, Kirby and co. Having a field day!

Lets just give credit where its due, hey? west Heidelberg played great footy till the final siren. Where as maybe morang got ahead of themselves thinking they were sitting pretty at 1/2 time.

Some great footy last weekend. Great credit to Heidelberg West's performance. I hope they can snag a couple of wins for the season to reward their efforts. Reservoir played some smart football & showed they will be there at the business end of the season, whilst Epping may have overestimated themselves in Div 3. Watsonia surprised me running over the top of the Burra, but it all helps to make a good comp so early in the season! Next few rounds should answer a few questions.

ROUND 3 TIPS -
Wats vs Resa - Resa by 11 pts. The mustangs looked good last week, but this is a hard contest to call on the back of the saints' performance last week. Tipping Resa having seen them first hand last week, but wouldnt surprise me if saints challenged on the home turf.
Epp vs S/Morang - Lions by 30 pts. Not sure how siginificant the Lions injuries are from last week, but tipping they will be up & about for this one. Pingers just not showing much in the first 2 weeks of the season - could be looking like a middle of the road team at this point.
St Marys vs Banyule - Bears by 45 pts. I think the Bears will want to make a statement to the comp this weekend and the Burra will be on the receiving end.

Good luck to all on Saturday and hope everyone plays with the respect & spirit of the day. All clubs will mark their respect prior to matches commencing.

Gee Div 3 has really turned into a tight competition by the looks of it and I think all 7 sides will be considering them a genuine finals chance.

Watsonia v Reservoir - if Reservoir lose this and they will be filthy, in saying that I reckon the top end quality will get them over the line - Reser by 19

Epping vs South morang - don't know much about the blues but I think South Morang should rebound with a solid win, there depth is incredible with some more than handy types in the reserves - South Morang by 31

St Mary's vs Banyule - both sides are sprouting to be the fittest in the league, the Burras small ground won't suit either side and I'm suspecting a fairly scrappy affair. Banyule by 16

Well last week wasn't too good, but at least it makes it interesting with teams bouncing back from defeats for wins.

Watsonia vs Reservoir. The Mustangs shoudl get another win in what is always a tight affair.
Epping vs South Morang. The Lions shoudl continue on their winning ways.
St Marys vs Banyule. The Sainters were a tad disappointing last week and the Bears should continue that misery for them.
West Heidelberg - Bye.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back