2015 Division 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Watched whittlesea v morang last night only a 2 qtr hit out with morang up by 2 goals at the end , some real good signs for morang

Pretty surprsing result! Surely whittlesea mustve had some players missing? Morang close to full strength?

South Morang clearly must be favourite to go up to Div 2.. Appears to be lots of movement from Epping on the transfers but does that mean they can all play? Banyule are the unknown, reservoir have been going under the radar and St. Mary's have also been busy in the transfers..

Certainly morangs flag to lose i would think.

for mine the pick up of the year will be Andy Edwards for Banyule. Was chased heavily by a division 1 club among others but has committed to Banyule. Should have a fantastic season.

Pretty surprsing result! Surely whittlesea mustve had some players missing? Morang close to full strength?

Whittlesea missing Briffa, behan , Russell , atta and max dyson
Morang missing Trav Stephens , heatley, crump , manning , kirby

Probably missed a couple of blokes also heard a rumour last night morang have one more good signing to come as of next week .

Whilst it's not a foregone conclusion the likelihood of Epping making the Grand Final appears high.
If this does infact happen would they still host the Division 3 Grand Final or would it be moved elsewhere and if so where to?

Whilst it's not a foregone conclusion the likelihood of Epping making the Grand Final appears high.
If this does infact happen would they still host the Division 3 Grand Final or would it be moved elsewhere and if so where to?
From what I was told last year the NFL are looking to play all Grand Finals at Preston.
But if they didn't I don't think the NFL would give Epping a home Grand Final, but then again who knows!

Banyule's leading goal kicker for the past few years broke his collar bone during the weekends win over Panton Hill. Not ideal but won't miss too many games one would think.

Any other results from the weekends practice matches?

St Mary's lost to Thomastown by 10 points in a very even match. Missing a few keys players as well, probably the same as them. A lot of the 19s from last years premiership team played. Will definitely run a lot deeper this year and be much more competitive.

St Mary's lost to Thomastown by 10 points in a very even match. Missing a few keys players as well, probably the same as them. A lot of the 19s from last years premiership team played. Will definitely run a lot deeper this year and be much more competitive.
Note that ex Heidelberg premiership player and hard nut Shane "Shagger" Delanty is on the St Mary's coaching staff this year with another Tiger's legend Richard Guldon there to support their respective offspring. If nothing else "Shags" will have them running hard and straight and Richard can show them how to use a hairdryer ;)

think it was a bit more then 10 points

I hear sth morang had a good win, beating Lara away on saturday. In a 3qtr game they won by close to 6 goals I heard.
Not sure who played well or if at full strengtg etc.
Any other results known

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rumour has it sth morang will be announcing a new signing at some stage in the next couple of days. Can play!

I'll have a crack at some predictions...
First i'll say that the div 3 comp will be the tightest it has ever been this season.

1. South Morang - seem to have a number of handy pickups combined with handy young talent will win more games than not.

2. Resa - will always be around the mark and should be hungry after last year.

3. St. Mary's - if they get a full team on the park most weeks expect the burra to improve out of sight in Borg's second year at the helm.

4. Banyule - unknown, can't see them being duds but will be interesting to see how they handle their first season in the NFL.

5. Epping - will win their fair share of games no doubt, but have lost a few by all reports. Have come in to div 3 at the wrong time with so much depth.

6. Watsy - Same old for Watsy, expect them to beat up on West but can't see them troubling the others

7. Hawks - picked up some lucky wins last year, can't see it happening this season.

FLAG - who knows...
Morang probably favourites at this stage but expect the top 5 to be all very even.

I'll have a crack at some predictions...
First i'll say that the div 3 comp will be the tightest it has ever been this season.

1. South Morang - seem to have a number of handy pickups combined with handy young talent will win more games than not.

2. Resa - will always be around the mark and should be hungry after last year.

3. St. Mary's - if they get a full team on the park most weeks expect the burra to improve out of sight in Borg's second year at the helm.

4. Banyule - unknown, can't see them being duds but will be interesting to see how they handle their first season in the NFL.

5. Epping - will win their fair share of games no doubt, but have lost a few by all reports. Have come in to div 3 at the wrong time with so much depth.

6. Watsy - Same old for Watsy, expect them to beat up on West but can't see them troubling the others

7. Hawks - picked up some lucky wins last year, can't see it happening this season.

FLAG - who knows...
Morang probably favourites at this stage but expect the top 5 to be all very even.

Im sorry as im not in the loop at all. But HOOLEY DOOLEY. Epping 5th in Div three. WOW....just WOW

They played in div one 2 years ago. This must be the biggest fall from grace in the DVFL/NFL history.

Put St.Marys to fifth and push Banyule and Epping up a spot each and you bang on i reckon
Could be right, as i said, a very tight competition awaits this season.
Round 1 results always tell a bit, who do we think will be on the winners list?
Epping v St Marys
Banyule v West
and match of the round South Morang v Resa

2015 Predictions

1st - South Morang - From all reports are flying at the moment and some big name recruits have them penciled in as favorites thus far.

2nd - Epping - From what i can see they have only lost 2 players of significance and seem to have recruited well so I really expect them to be right up there.

3rd - Banyule - Are the unknown. Slotting them in here because i think they will be up there and competitive.

4th - Reservoir - I predict a tough year for the Mustangs. They do not have enough speed in their List. Really stood out in last year's grand final and I think it will continue to haunt them.

5th - St Mary's - Have done nothing over the past 2 seasons that has suggested to me that they have improved and i fear this year will be no different. However if some of their very talented youngsters can take the next step then the sky is the limit for St Mary's.

6th - Watsonia - Haven't heard much out of Wattsy. Will take something/someone special to dig themselves out of this hole.

7th - Heidelberg West - Losing their best player really hurts. My mail is that their numbers at training have been very disappointing, so unfortunately i have them penciled in for the spoon this year.

League BnF: Daniel Moore or Ryan Docherty

Grand finalists - South Morang Vs Epping

West Heidelberg lost their best player? Please elaborate redneck?

For what it's worth
South Morang
Reservoir
Epping
St. Mary's
Banyule
west Heidelberg
Watsonia

How do we translate Banyule's VAFA form over to Div 3 NFL? Didn't they really struggle last season?

West Heidelberg lost their best player? Please elaborate redneck?

For what it's worth
South Morang
Reservoir
Epping
St. Mary's
Banyule
west Heidelberg
Watsonia

How do we translate Banyule's VAFA form over to Div 3 NFL? Didn't they really struggle last season?

surely he means Jmac?

Tips for round 1?
EPPING v St Mary's
- feel like this will be closer than many would think, Epping have a point to prove. Big ground should suit the Burra though..
Blues by 8

SOUTH MORANG v Reservoir
- match of the round, should also be close and all of the talk has been about the Lions this pre-season so let's see where they're at.
Lions by 12

BANYULE v Heidelberg West
- Banyule are the wildcard but a round 1 loss to West would be a disaster.
Bears by 50

No idea who Mernda had out but Morang beat them by about 8 goals today. Had a few out including Johnston and one of the Buckleys. Moved the ball well and hit the packs hard.

Any one who says things like "it is their flag to lose" just doesn't understand footy, but they are going to be very hard to beat by the looks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back