2015 Division 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Mustangs v Epping
Huge game for both teams,Are the Mustangs the real deal? a win here perhaps means yes but it won't be easy.
Chillcott to kick 6.
EPPING BY 24

Banyule v South
Banyule need to show something, it will be seriously hard to consider them for top 4 if this match is dropped.
SOUTH BY 30

Burra v Hawks
Hawks got them twice at Whatmough last year and the ground suits them, but saying that St Marys have improved out of sight and should take care of business.
BURRA BY 40

Also does anyone know whats happened to the Burra key forward O'Donnell? hasn't played since round 2 ? Would be a huge loss if he's parted ways...

gone overseas

What a joke that he's playing div 3 footy

Should be playing at a higher level surely

He is close mates with 1 of our players who is the Welfare Manager at Essendon. He is moving back to Melbourne as is girlfriend is from here.

We have got him employment and he is happy to play local footy. Obviously he has had a lot of issues with his body so it may be a week to week proposition whether he plays or not.

He trained last night and will be amazing for our young guys.

I say it's good for the league actually and especially div 3, a divisions that's improved out of sight in the past few years. it's definitely the strongest it's ever been

Absolutely tragic news for Heidelberg west and the broader football community, assistant coach and former reserves coach at Monty Grant Reinke's life being tragically taken away due to a motor vehicle accident late yesterday.. Condolences to the Reinke family and all involved with HWFC and Monty! RIP Animal

Reservoir vs Epping. Match of the Day and a big game for both. The Mustamgs are strong at home but the big ground won't worry the Blues.
South Morang vs Banyule. Increased interest in this one but the pre-season flag favs Lions should be able to handle the Bears.
St Marys vs West Heidelberg. An interesting game with the Hawks likely to be emotional but the Sainters should just sneak home.

Absolutely tragic news for Heidelberg west and the broader football community, assistant coach and former reserves coach at Monty Grant Reinke's life being tragically taken away due to a motor vehicle accident late yesterday.. Condolences to the Reinke family and all involved with HWFC and Monty! RIP Animal
. Tragic news for the whole NFL/DVFL community. One of Grants boys Lachie plays for Lower Plenty U/19's and as with many of the guys was coached by Grant at Research U/17's last season, and it was an emotional and courageous effort to not only see him take the field but lead the team and his mates to a win. It was also fitting that he accepted a handball to kick the last goal of the game with a minute to go. Tragedy is an inevitability of life, but it's times like these where football and sporting communities as a whole play a vital role and carry people through. It was also great to see so many senior players there to show there support.

. Tragic news for the whole NFL/DVFL community. One of Grants boys Lachie plays for Lower Plenty U/19's and as with many of the guys was coached by Grant at Research U/17's last season, and it was an emotional and courageous effort to not only see him take the field but lead the team and his mates to a win. It was also fitting that he accepted a handball to kick the last goal of the game with a minute to go. Tragedy is an inevitability of life, but it's times like these where football and sporting communities as a whole play a vital role and carry people through. It was also great to see so many senior players there to show there support.

Animal started his playing days at Ivanhoe FC and we wore black arm bands for him also.
Fantastic guy who still made an effort to attend past players days with us and was a very popular bloke.

Tragic loss for his family and friends...RIP Grant

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can anyone tell me how Ross Terranova is still the coach of Reservoir. He recruit old players from paco . He has done nothing since he started at Resa. Resa get a new coach, sime like Simon Marshall or Dean Sinclair.

Can anyone tell me how Ross Terranova is still the coach of Reservoir. He recruit old players from paco . He has done nothing since he started at Resa. Resa get a new coach, sime like Simon Marshall or Dean Sinclair.

You have been online for 1 day and by all your posts your just potting blokes. Onya mate.

Yes there are ex Pacco players @ Ressa... there is also ex Bundoora, keilor park, northcote park the list goes on. 4 years at the club, played finals every year and were the second best team last year...beaten by a team who is now 7 & zip in Div 2.

i was wondering why there was no result for st marys v watsonia under 19s over the weekend cause having played watsonia 19s in the past this season i noticed they had a solid amount of numbers.

so from what i've been told it was 8.50 all the umpires were there st mary's went out onto the ground to do a light warm up with not one watsonia player in sight although they still had their support staff there (trainers water boys etc) come 9.10 one of the watsonia trainers rang watsonias president asking whats going on an where is everyone he replied oh yea didn't anyone tell you the boys didn't want to play today cause the seniors don't have to.

if thats correct thats bloody piss poor.
it's not correct So calm down young fella. You were probably the only st marys player that turned up and are looking for People to blame lol

No clearance on the website either
Apparently playing on the queens bday round. Going on Saturdays result though he'd want to be in good form first up. Lions made them look lame. Was thinking they were prob not up to doing too much this year but starting to click at the Den. Ressies running ragged atm taking all before them. From what im told there is up to 15 blokes missing out on being selected each week. Hope my scribe at morang Pubis is getting to training both nights. Big fella is heart and soul at south. Says the 19s coming through can be anything after especially having 4 play regular seniors and 2 at tac cup and another 6 who could play seniors. Reckons if all goes well 3 flags not impossible. Pubis getting a lil hard big boy. Relax

You have been online for 1 day and by all your posts your just potting blokes. Onya mate.

Yes there are ex Pacco players @ Ressa... there is also ex Bundoora, keilor park, northcote park the list goes on. 4 years at the club, played finals every year and were the second best team last year...beaten by a team who is now 7 & zip in Div 2.

Terranova has recurited well but he has fallen over when it counts in the finals resa have gone out in straight sets in two of the 3 finals series and a big loss in a gf it does not matter about thomos record this year. i have seem resa a few times this year and the resa coaching bench look all at sea with no rudder, all i heard from the bench during the game was garrbage directed at the umps about free kick payed against resa and his address's at the breaks was just a bunch of swearing about playing better but no real direction or instruction on how to do better. i am not sure if he is the man to get resa to the promised land

Terranova has recurited well but he has fallen over when it counts in the finals resa have gone out in straight sets in two of the 3 finals series and a big loss in a gf it does not matter about thomos record this year. i have seem resa a few times this year and the resa coaching bench look all at sea with no rudder, all i heard from the bench during the game was garrbage directed at the umps about free kick payed against resa and his address's at the breaks was just a bunch of swearing about playing better but no real direction or instruction on how to do better. i am not sure if he is the man to get resa to the promised land
The guys an absolute peanut. Carries on like a 2 bob watch. Verbally abuses umps and opposition players alike. Embarrassing really. Nothing better than seeing him squint after a loss

tips round 8

Only 2 games this week
Epping take on Watsy
Massive game for both sides, Saints will be fresh after a week off and keen to get back on the winners list but as will the Blues who were embarrassed last week.

Watsy by 20 points

St Mary's v South Morang

Burra were pushed to the limit by the struggling Hawks and the Lions are just dominating this competition. Small ground will suit Souths new recruits. Harrison, Pavitt and Shelton to dominate.

South by 46

Round 8 Tips
Epping vs Watsonia - Watched the Resa vs Epp game last week and walked away realising I had made a judgement call far too early on the Mustangs and thinking the Blues are mirroring their AFL equivalent. Resa given all credit for their pressure, hardball commitment and their gameplan. They were impressive whilst the Pingers managed to string together 4 quarters of their well below average form. They have a lot of building ahead of them and think they might have to make Div 3 their home for the time being. Watsonia coming off the bye will be keen to bounce back from the South Morang game. If they can knock over Epping at Epping this week I think the comp will take a another twist. Loving the ebs & flows of Div 3 this year. Watsonia by 26 pts.
St Marys vs Sth Morang- The competition benchmark have all the answers at the moment and the Lions will have too much strength & experience for the Burra. I think we might see a competitive first half, but Lions will kick away well in the end. Sth Morang by 52 pts

No doubt Resa will be at Whatmough Park this week to do some homework on the Lions for their long weekend clash next week. Will be keen to see the contest between these two at the Lakes as Resa continues their improvement from the earlier rounds.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back