2015 Division 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Wats coach Corey McCall said that Crump had ankle surgery during preseason. Looks to be struggling atm. Think he compounds morangs trouble of slow forward line. On the big epping ground come finals time he along with harro are not mobile. Might need their young brigade come pointy end. Ressa really no better. No forward pressure whatsoever

Wats coach Corey McCall said that Crump had ankle surgery during preseason. Looks to be struggling atm. Think he compounds morangs trouble of slow forward line. On the big epping ground come finals time he along with harro are not mobile. Might need their young brigade come pointy end. Ressa really no better. No forward pressure whatsoever

Yeah it's really bothering us at the moment lol just can't seem to kick a winning score we really need to work on that if we're going to bat deep in September!!!!!
Really pleasing sign is a good win over ressa with all our top players playing very average and all our young kids really standing up

Over the years I have been a fan and a supporter of Heidelberg West, they have been much more competitive this season, no denying that. Over the years they have had I think three coaches in 5 or 6 seasons, they got a competition great a few years back as their senior coach, from all reports Derek Shaw was meant to be the one. They have not improved on their win loss ratio since he has been at the helm. I don't play for them so I don't know what he is like as a coach. But perhaps maybe they may need to look elsewhere next season. They have not improved and I am sure everyone involved in the club, past players, club legends would do just about anything for success.

Another idea of how the Hawks can improve and get some success as a club which is so very much overdue is a serious think about a move to the VAFA. A fellow division three side in Parkside who the Hawks had the wood over moved to Division 4. With all due respect that football isn't great, but Parkside are sitting 6th in an 11 team competition. Heidelberg West are too good for that division so maybe they'd go into division 3, who knows, I don't know how that competition works. I am sure they are a very proud club and would not want to go to the VAFA, but Parkside are a proud club and they swallowed their pride and decided to go back to the VAFA, maybe Heidelberg West should follow. They may loose players, they may lose supporters, but look at the positives, the players that will leave will likely be playing for the money, not the jumper. It would be a fantastic way to see who really plays for the jumper. They may loose supporters, but if they start seeing results and a bit of success they might come back and be there every week. They do not have to stay in division 3 or 4, they can and probably will win their way up divisions and in doing that they will attract players who want to be apart of it. More numbers, harder it is to pick sides, easier it is to drop players who dont perform. That is something that every club would love.

There is my two cents, I guess its a bit of frustrating coming out, I cannot speak for anybody else but I am sure it has crossed fans and supporters minds once or twice over the journey. Maybe it is just other clubs having better seasons. Who knows.

Over the years I have been a fan and a supporter of Heidelberg West, they have been much more competitive this season, no denying that. Over the years they have had I think three coaches in 5 or 6 seasons, they got a competition great a few years back as their senior coach, from all reports Derek Shaw was meant to be the one. They have not improved on their win loss ratio since he has been at the helm. I don't play for them so I don't know what he is like as a coach. But perhaps maybe they may need to look elsewhere next season. They have not improved and I am sure everyone involved in the club, past players, club legends would do just about anything for success.

Another idea of how the Hawks can improve and get some success as a club which is so very much overdue is a serious think about a move to the VAFA. A fellow division three side in Parkside who the Hawks had the wood over moved to Division 4. With all due respect that football isn't great, but Parkside are sitting 6th in an 11 team competition. Heidelberg West are too good for that division so maybe they'd go into division 3, who knows, I don't know how that competition works. I am sure they are a very proud club and would not want to go to the VAFA, but Parkside are a proud club and they swallowed their pride and decided to go back to the VAFA, maybe Heidelberg West should follow. They may loose players, they may lose supporters, but look at the positives, the players that will leave will likely be playing for the money, not the jumper. It would be a fantastic way to see who really plays for the jumper. They may loose supporters, but if they start seeing results and a bit of success they might come back and be there every week. They do not have to stay in division 3 or 4, they can and probably will win their way up divisions and in doing that they will attract players who want to be apart of it. More numbers, harder it is to pick sides, easier it is to drop players who dont perform. That is something that every club would love.

There is my two cents, I guess its a bit of frustrating coming out, I cannot speak for anybody else but I am sure it has crossed fans and supporters minds once or twice over the journey. Maybe it is just other clubs having better seasons. Who knows.
West Heidelberg in VAFA? I'd think they'd either lose plenty of supporters or struggle to abide by one of the major rules of the comp;)

Surely you're having a lend?

Went and watch the mighty ressa on Saturday, were very stiff not to be a lot closer and I believe this season is far from a one team race. Watched a fair bit of the 2's as well and saw one of morang a recruits running around I think it's Crump. What an absolute dud, won't play another senior game at Morang and waste of a recruit. Anyway still believe my boys ressa will be very close when the wips are cracking

Best you also take a look on the NFL website, go to history. Then goal kickers div 1 (2012 & 2013). Not bad for a dud, all be it reserves....

If they have been more competitive this season as you stated in your first sentence,wouldnt that mean that they have improved?

I believe Heidelberg West have improved and have been in positions to win games against South Morang, Epping and Watsy but due to the evenness of a 7 team comp if results don't go your way the season can slide very quickly. The result against Banyule certainly was not pretty but the Bears brought in 8 changes to their team including Gumbleton (7goals) last years b&f winner Barclay (7goals) Will Drapac who is a gun for heidelberg along with 5 other quality players who were rested prior to the bye or playing their first game of the year. Rather than suggestions Ng a move to the Ammo's the NFL be working to grow div 3 to an 8 team comp as minimum..

The standard of Div has grown in leaps and bounds over the past 3 seasons.

I believe Heidelberg West have improved and have been in positions to win games against South Morang, Epping and Watsy but due to the evenness of a 7 team comp if results don't go your way the season can slide very quickly. The result against Banyule certainly was not pretty but the Bears brought in 8 changes to their team including Gumbleton (7goals) last years b&f winner Barclay (7goals) Will Drapac who is a gun for heidelberg along with 5 other quality players who were rested prior to the bye or playing their first game of the year. Rather than suggestions Ng a move to the Ammo's the NFL be working to grow div 3 to an 8 team comp as minimum..

The standard of Div has grown in leaps and bounds over the past 3 seasons.
Good comments MM. The comp has definitely strengthened over the last 2 seasons and the Hawks can definitely count themselves unlucky not to have a couple of wins on the board this season. I think if you are to analyse the coaching performance, it needs to be based on what is being done with the cattle he has. For mine, as an observer, I think it looks all positive. Their game plan is sound and I think Shaw & co have been able to identify opposition weaknesses in their planning and mount creditable challenges (ie. per MM's remarks - Lions, Saints & Blues). Keep the faith Destinyfan - the club culture is strong and there's positives on the horizon. The looming AFLVIC points system will be of great benefit to clubs like HW in the next few years.

A couple of tricky games coming up this week.

Watsonia vs Banyule. Both had wins last week with the Bears looking better with their new recruits and giving them the nod over the Saints.
Epping vs West Heidelberg. The Blues should eb able to overcome what is a competitive Hawks group.
St Marys vs Reservoir. This may be much closer than expected with the Sainetrs at home likely to make the Mustangs work for their win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Round 10 Tips
Watsonia vs Banyule - Didn't the Bears get the whole comp wondering after last week with Barclay, Gumbleton & Drapac stamping some dominance! Is it to early to say they are back in the hunt and making a few sweat? ;) Wats will be looking to consolidate that 2nd spot and with Bennett back they will want to stamp their authority on the game early. Match of the round this one and result will tell us a lot about each team. Wats by 2 pts
Epping vs Heid West - Hope the Pingers did a reassessment of their inconsistency over their bye break and play 4 quarters of football this week. Hawks will find it tough to bounce back from last week, but they will take confidence from their first clash with Epping and are sure to take it up to them. Epping by 30 pts
St Marys vs Reservoir - The early season promise of the Burra seems to have hit the wall and Resa will be looking to get another win on the board to start entrenching themselves in the four. They weren't able to match it with the Lions last week, but at this stage nobody seems to be pushing them now that they have all their gun recruits firing. Resa will be making sure of this one early. Mustangs by 27 pts

if a club crosses over to the ammos they start in div D4 and have to work their way up no exceptions .I was talikng to a club memeber a few years back and he felt the name heidelberg west was holding them back with recurting players and that they were going to look into changing the name toi the same name as the under 19 playes under Warringul Hawks . i am not sure what happened with that

Another good game at AK Lines from my Wats boys. Kiddy and Andy with 3 snags each. Great games from Darls and Crawf again. Big fella hitting his straps now. 2nd position now and time to keep winning. Go Watsy

Moving to the ammos won't help West. That comp is run by an old school tie brigade who slaughter the efforts of district sides trying to fight their way up the grades. You can't have a beer during the game which makes for smaller crowds and therefore less atmosphere and smaller profits for the club. Your supporters won't like travelling up to 80kms for an away game some weeks either.
I have spoken to several members of Banyule,who despite their poor start to NFL life are totally convinced they have made the right move.

I should know...I played in the ammos for 17 years and although i love the club i played for, i hate the VAFA as a competition.

The two biggest disappointments of
this season to date have been Banyule and St Mary's. Both had finals aspirations in sight pre season and are now 2-7 and 3-6 respectively.

They're both ahead of the struggling Heidelberg West but yet have seemed to struggle against sides they would've expected to beat pre season, namely Watsonia who have a 4-0 record against the Burra and Bears in 2015

At this stage of the season I'd say the finals is pretty much set in stone unless Gumbleton can have a monstrous impact at Banyule.

St Mary's on the other hand pretty much can't drop a game to figure in finals action, note that they've lost 3 games by less than a goal and could potentially be sitting 2nd at 6-3 but with only 12 points on the board I find it hard to see the Kooks breaking their finals hoodoo of recent seasons.

The two biggest disappointments of
this season to date have been Banyule and St Mary's. Both had finals aspirations in sight pre season and are now 2-7 and 3-6 respectively.

They're both ahead of the struggling Heidelberg West but yet have seemed to struggle against sides they would've expected to beat pre season, namely Watsonia who have a 4-0 record against the Burra and Bears in 2015

At this stage of the season I'd say the finals is pretty much set in stone unless Gumbleton can have a monstrous impact at Banyule.

St Mary's on the other hand pretty much can't drop a game to figure in finals action, note that they've lost 3 games by less than a goal and could potentially be sitting 2nd at 6-3 but with only 12 points on the board I find it hard to see the Kooks breaking their finals hoodoo of recent seasons.

St marys. No spine or dominant ruck man. Have these and they will be a hRd to beat

Round 11 Tips
Banyule vs Reservoir - All the hype & excitement around the Bears crashed again last week when Wats accounted for them in a business like fashion. Still in the equation, but another loss this week may put it beyond reach. Resa will take a bit from the come from behind win last week. Another away win will put them in a finals position. I think it will be a tight contest, but experience & some stronger bodies will be the difference in the end Mustangs by 8 pts
Heid West vs Watsonia - The Hawks finished the game well last week, but have not been able to put together 4 solid quarters this season. I am backing they will upset someone before season end, but it wont be this week. Wats are shaping as a contender and are keen on a 1-2 position. Wats by 49 pts
Sth Morang vs Epping - The Lions get the opportunity to redeem themselves from their only loss this season. Their form the last couple of months shows their early clash with Epping may have just been "the loss they had to have?" ;) I think they will be too strong at home and Pingers still playing inconsistent footy. Woeful last quarter last weekafter looking strong for 3 quarters. Lions will punish any lapses. Lions by 25 pts

Looking forward to this week's matches with two that could go a long way to defining the remainder of the season.

Banyule vs Reservoir. Okay I've officially given up on the inconsistent Bears - the Mustangs to win comfortably.
West Heidelberg vs Watsonia. Expecting the Saints to continue their winning form at the expense this week of the Hawks.
South Morang vs Epping. The Lions will cement themselves as the strong premiership favourites with a win over another finals contender in the Blues.

Banyule to beat Resa by 18 points

With the big recruit surely the yulers have to start making a run

Watsy over West by 29 points

Too much class here

Lions to beat blues by 20 points

in my opinion this is the grand finals preview and Epping will push them. If Chillacott can have a big impact against the resolute lions back 6 Epping may win here but I'll stick with the faves.

Watched pingers yesterday. To big, to strong , to disciplined. Their game plan was far better. They had Moore running around doing what he wanted. A spare man dropping back in front of Harrison and souths didn't bother manning him up. Souths still have a lot of kids running around and with the strong body of Harrison taken out of the game they relied on their small men to get goals. they didn't have another genuine leading forward. their other recruit crump was running around in the magoos. Im guessing coming back from an injury cause he kicked 6 and was a class above them and kicked 5 against us first round.
We had bigger bodies all over the ground as wells as more outside speed.
Playing them on our home ground in the finals will be a big advantage.
With the team we have available all credit to the coach.
Definitely had it all over souths coach who seems to throw guys all over the place with no plan.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back