2015 Draft Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks. I just had some queries over his willingness to get physical. Will be interesting how he turns out in 5 years time.

On a side note... it's going to be hard for someone like Close especially with the inclusion of Walker and the rise of Freeman.
agree. could close play on a wing with his massive tank? just run all day up and down the ground. not comparing him to but in a role similar to what matthew richardson played later in his career.

I remember seeing Boyd as an underager in the champs and he dominated back then but he stayed in the forward fifty and his marks where from being out in front in leads or too tall for his opponent. In Schache I see more variety to his game, better agility, better leading patterns and more up the ground (working his opponent over). I also think that he has better awareness of what is happening around him and choosing better viable options with better kicking skills. He has been likened to Tom Lynch and I think that it is a fairy accurate description.
If he does turn out be more like Lynch than Boyd, I'll take that any day. At this stage Boyd looks a lot like a 200cm version of early career Tom Hawkins to me. Still hasn't adapted to not being able to beat defenders with pure strength and keeps jumping at the ball off two feet. He'll get there, but it could take another couple of years- which would be fine if it weren't for that contract.

How do you think he compares with Boyd?

I haven't seen a lot, but what I have seen was enough to suggest that you're probably wrong about him being a bit soft.

Similar in some ways with the lack of speed. I feel he is comfortably more advanced than Boyd/Daniher/Patton at the same age. Certainly not soft.

Relax, Schache will be at Brisbane next year.

Clear as day.

Starting to think a few Lions fans are doing the "I reckon Carlton will take Schache" thing just to add some tension and drama to what will be a fairly predictable draft for us.

Fair enough, but to those getting anxious over it, don't.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clear as day.

Starting to think a few Lions fans are doing the "I reckon Carlton will take Schache" thing just to add some tension and drama to what will be a fairly predictable draft for us.

I'm pretty sure they'll bid on Hipwood with pick 1.

Clear as day.

You were 100% correct last year with your early call on Beams, but there are those of us here who have become accustomed to disappointment and heartache.

So please excuse us if we hope for the best and expect the worst. That way it hurts less.

I can't see why Carlton would do anything other than take the obvious best choice, Weitering, as their first pick. There would be no logic to it.

I would imagine that he is already being measured for his Carlton gear.

Which means that the Lions could probably get Schache's inside leg measurement now as well.

image.jpg

I can't see why Carlton would do anything other than take the obvious best choice, Weitering, as their first pick. There would be no logic to it.

I would imagine that he is already being measured for his Carlton gear.

Which means that the Lions could probably get Schache's inside leg measurement now as well.

View attachment 190464
I'm sure there will be more talk about Carlton considering taking Schache as the draft gets closer- pretty boring when everyone know who the top 2(possibly even 3) picks are going to be.

I'm sure there will be more talk about Carlton considering taking Schache as the draft gets closer- pretty boring when everyone know who the top 2(possibly even 3) picks are going to be.

I'm already a bit worried Carlton will take Scha.... *sigh* ....Nup, I can't be bothered any more.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back