2015 Draft Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

William isn't raw, he is a really well developed young footballer. Just because he is fast and black doesn't make him raw! Chol is raw! I reckon after the next exodus I think we will end up taking Keays, Hipwood, William, Chol and Wagner if possible. Good time to be a qld boy playing good state footy!

So presumably at least one other club has shown interest in him.
Pretty sure 3-4 clubs have to nominate to make the national combine - someone on here will know. Plenty of interest you'd think given the draft is shallow anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This draft we should recruit every small forward going.

and im not going to get into sublantics about wingers and half forward flankers and all that rubbish

how many guys below 182cm who could be in our top 22?

lewis taylor, christensen, josh green, jaden mcgrath, claye beams

why add to this?

Increasingly I like his chances.

We're a side that needs to win more contested ball, and he sounds like a good prospect in that respect.

I think line breaking ability is one thing at full fitness that we don't necessarily need. We have Hanley and Zorko in the midfield supported by Taylor and Bundy and hopefully Cutler and Harwood down back with McGrath developing as a backman/small forward.

Not saying he wouldn't be handy but a Wagner type might be more useful if his kicking is considered to be superior.

I think line breaking ability is one thing at full fitness that we don't necessarily need. We have Hanley and Zorko in the midfield supported by Taylor and Bundy and hopefully Cutler and Harwood down back with McGrath developing as a backman/small forward.

Not saying he wouldn't be handy but a Wagner type might be more useful if his kicking is considered to be superior.
Have you seen them play?

We need ball winning mids and at least another 2. Players that have a natural ability to win the hard ball and dish it off. We should offer pick 1/2 for Wines from Port. Just see if they are interested.

This basically describes exactly how Keays played at NEAFL level most of the year. Another recycled one like Anthony miles would be nice.

Yeah, that's all consistent with my impression. That said, from the bits I've seen of William and his reputation, he seems to use his pace and athleticism to go after the ball aggressively. I could well be misreading that, so I'm happy to be corrected.

Line breaking is a nice quality, but I'm interested in him as a player with the psychology to win contested ball.

Just wondering what's williams height and weight and would you say his leap is above average or below average, ive seen a few clips and looks exciting

Remove this Banner Ad

Back