List Mgmt. 2015 DRAFT discussion - Clayton Oliver #4, Sam Weideman #10, Mitch King #42, Liam Hulett #46

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So was Dan Nicholson

Or a vandenburg or Barlow
Vandenberg is remarkably overrated. He's not anywhere near the same league as Barlow. His kicking is average and he's slower than Dom Tyson. Tough as nails and can take a contested grab but it's not like he wins a lot of the ball either.

Vandenberg is remarkably overrated. He's not anywhere near the same league as Barlow. His kicking is average and he's slower than Dom Tyson. Tough as nails and can take a contested grab but it's not like he wins a lot of the ball either.
Because he played as a half forward all year except against WB where he played as a full time on baller and had 29 disposals and 11 tackles.
The guy has more upside then Barlow

Upside isn't always a good thing. Barlow has less upside because he's already a far superior player.

Barlow has played 100 plus games though and was similarly a mature age recruit.

He walked straight into our best 22 off the back of shoulder surgery and impacted games
I think he's an average kick but he's easily good enough and we missed him when he was out

Barlow was leading the Brownlow before he did his leg, VDB got three votes all year. Don't lose your heads, they're not in the same postcode.

Barlow was leading the Brownlow before he did his leg, VDB got three votes all year. Don't lose your heads, they're not in the same postcode.
Not to mention Barlow was only 21 when he came into the AFL.

VDB will never be fit to clean Barlows shoes

Anyone thinking adding Curnow and Petracca to our side is going to be huge?

Petracca will be able to slot inside 50 from the start and provide another marking target and Curnow being bigger again could also slot in there, the thought of them rotating through middle is exciting.

Add Dean Kent as well and we suddenly have an explosive forward line with quite a bit of arrogance as well
Having Garlett Kent and Petracca at the feet of Hogan will hopefully encourage us to be far more direct

Add Dean Kent as well and we suddenly have an explosive forward line with quite a bit of arrogance as well
Having Garlett Kent and Petracca at the feet of Hogan will hopefully encourage us to be far more direct
Petracca will play as a forward target alongside Hogan, not at his feet. Wouldn't be surprised if he ends up just as good of a contested mark.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We saw Petracca was seen as a dynamic, game changing midfielder as far as I understand it.

He may well start on a flank/pocket but I doubt he'll be a partner to Hogan.

His overhead marking ability was widely praised as a reason why he could play a lot up forward as well.

I know - I've watched him play.

But, at his size, he won't be a marking 'target' at AFL level - more like how a Fyfe or Parker can drift forward to take a mark or isolate a similarly sized player in the goal square.

But, at his size, he won't be a marking 'target' at AFL level - more like how a Fyfe or Parker can drift forward to take a mark or isolate a similarly sized player in the goal square.

Same as Trenners

The intention wasn't to play him as just a forward, more that he can be a better target than most midfielders who drift forward because of his marking ability.

The intention wasn't to play him as just a forward, more that he can be a better target than most midfielders who drift forward.

The statements G2B was making about him seemed a bit more the former.

If Jamie Elliott can do it, Petracca should be able to make a decent fist of it.

I'd love his composure and agressive tackling in the back half.

Is he a strong kick? It's been so long, I can't remember.

Hes a good kick on both sides and he was really hard to tackle in his first couple of years
His marking ability could make him a good weapon

I reckon he should be played across the HBF provided he isnt still slow as ****
Should play the role that Cross was playing and he was pretty slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back