List Mgmt. 2015 DRAFT discussion - Clayton Oliver #4, Sam Weideman #10, Mitch King #42, Liam Hulett #46

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This year is by far one of the worst years for ruckmen. Only 3 got invited to the combine and I wouldn't want us touching any of them. There is a Sudanese guy from Vic Country who some think has potential but I see him as a poor man's Majak Daw. I could easily see none getting taken in the draft and maybe only a couple being rookie listed. If we want to add another ruck since Gawn, Spencer and King is kind of a thin list of rucks, we're best off looking in the state leagues or recruiting one from another AFL club.

I reckon we take Curnow at pick 6, then if we were somehow able to snag north's pick 15 plus something else for howe, we could take Ryan Burton with pick 15. Two smaller key position players who are around 191cm who could form a killer trio with Jesse

I reckon we take Curnow at pick 6, then if we were somehow able to snag north's pick 15 plus something else for howe, we could take Ryan Burton with pick 15. Two smaller key position players who are around 191cm who could form a killer trio with Jesse
Nah Curnow in the middle pls.
Burton I am a fan of, though from what I understand his leg was really bad?

Nah Curnow in the middle pls.
Burton I am a fan of, though from what I understand his leg was really bad?
Yeh burton very similar to stringer, would've been a top 5 pick if he hadn't broken his leg, I think it's worth the risk kicked bags last year as a 17 year old

Yeh burton very similar to stringer, would've been a top 5 pick if he hadn't broken his leg, I think it's worth the risk kicked bags last year as a 17 year old
Yeah but what I have been hearing is that he struggled to run again.

From what I'm gathering Melbourne are setting up Frost to play long term as a key forward next to Hogan, I'd be happy with Cunrow as a 3rd tall that can push into the middle or Parish as we need some outside players and does have a hard inside edge to his game aswell

I haven't heard about that but if he does get his leg right he could one of the best picks in the draft

It was a pretty bad injury - his tibial plateau (the place where the everything in the knee joins together) was shattered.

It's the kind of injury you would normally get in a serious car accident.

The bone will heal - but with that kind of injury there will probably be serious damage to the surface of the joint.

He could have arthritis before he's a third of the way through his career.

He's worth taking, but unless cleared by the doc's I'd say a first or second rounder would be too much of a risk.

It was a pretty bad injury - his tibial plateau (the place where the everything in the knee joins together) was shattered.

It's the kind of injury you would normally get in a serious car accident.

The bone will heal - but with that kind of injury there will probably be serious damage to the surface of the joint.

He could have arthritis before he's a third of the way through his career.

He's worth taking, but unless cleared by the doc's I'd say a first or second rounder would be too much of a risk.
Unless it's a Dayle Garlett situation I'd give up a second rounder for a sliding top ten talent any day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unless it's a Dayle Garlett situation I'd give up a second rounder for a sliding top ten talent any day.

And if he never plays a game and the bloke picked after him is the next Nat Fyfe?

Then we will have proof that the draft is just as much a lottery as it has always been, particularly with picks outside the top few.

Still don't think that validates taking a kid in the top 25 that people aren't sure will play footy again.

Just on reducing the draft age, the AFL would need to have a program in place to help the likely types find constructive work. If it happens, hopefully it highlights to the fed gov the woeful lack of opportunity that school leavers who want to enter the work force have these days.

If 5 ends up at Essendon, I fully expect them to take Parish. He's exactly what they need. More about who they go for with the second. Could go for Curnow as a forward (although he won't get them anywhere for ~18 months up front) or could go for grunt - which I think they need tbh.

If 5 ends up at Essendon, I fully expect them to take Parish. He's exactly what they need. More about who they go for with the second. Could go for Curnow as a forward (although he won't get them anywhere for ~18 months up front) or could go for grunt - which I think they need tbh.

Have heard that's pretty much locked in.

Have heard that's pretty much locked in.
Yeah but it's more the danger of them having 4+5. St Kilda probably would have taken Curnow anyway as a development so they end up with Curnow-McCartin.

I really want Curnow so we can create the backman's nightmare of the rotation between him and Petracca.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back