List Mgmt. 2015 DRAFT discussion - Clayton Oliver #4, Sam Weideman #10, Mitch King #42, Liam Hulett #46

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terry Wallace just said he thinks this kid has moved to the very top of the draft.

Kevin Sheahan agreed that he is a star and could easily be above Weitering as the number 1 pick at the moment.

We should see if Barry Prendergast agrees with Wallace's comments, if he does we don't go near him with a 20ft pole

I think if we don't trade our first pick we will go either Mathieson from Vic Country or Francis from SA. They both look elite. Hopefully Weitering goes one as we don't really need a CHB. Getting a good player with our first pick will be a given with Taylor. The gold will be what he digs up later in the draft and through the rookie draft.

anyone got any info on Jake Lovett and his TAC season is going?

Can you rookie list father/sons? If he does slide off the radar, still could be worth a rookie spot and play at Casey.

What are peoples thoughts?

anyone got any info on Jake Lovett and his TAC season is going?

Can you rookie list father/sons? If he does slide off the radar, still could be worth a rookie spot and play at Casey.

What are peoples thoughts?

If we take him as a father son and no one else wants him we can get him with our last pick in the draft, we only have to pay what others bid on him
Meaning if he is no good we can take him with a 5th rounder, if he is gonna slide out of the draft then we can probably get him as a rookie anyway if he is even good enough to merit a spot

It would be good if we could get Jack Lovett and Kieran Lovell down later in the draft. Both nuggety midfielders with big tanks. Lovell got 42 disposals for Tasmania the other day however he is only 175cm tall.

It would be good if we could get Jack Lovett and Kieran Lovell down later in the draft. Both nuggety midfielders with big tanks. Lovell got 42 disposals for Tasmania the other day however he is only 175cm tall.
KM thinking Lovett goes undrafted at this point. Could be a rookie contender.

Shacke firming as the number 1 pick for most sides now apparently.

Weitering being a close second.

If Francis can play a couple more big games he is in contention as well.

The way its shaping up, I'd be quite happy with Darcy Parish myself. A skillful medium midfielder who can get his own footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lmao, not too picky there, Hamster, all I'm asking for is Chris Judd II :D
Ok how about a guy who knows where and when to run past so the guys that can find it can get him the ball. A more interested Watts will do. Doesn't have to be tall. :)

Ok how about a guy who knows where and when to run past so the guys that can find it can get him the ball. A more interested Watts will do. Doesn't have to be tall. :)

Personally, id still love some more inside types with our earlier picks, our current two best (Vince and Jones) won't be able to play at their current level forever, yep we have a few coming through but id rather us just keep stocking them up.

Salem and Stretch have the makings of what you're talking about. I could also see Tyson playing a similar role for us in the future if Petracca and Brayshaw develop into the centre clearance brutes that we hope along with Viney. Lets just not * around here though, how much does Adam Treloar want? :D

Ideally what i want is a six man intimidating maniac demolition crew to rotate through the centre bounces, forward line and the interchange every game. We have 3 of them in JV, AB and CP.

Not too much to ask for is it?

I'm prepared to put Vandenburg in that bracket too - he's a beast.

Good thought, he has the makings and i sure hope so, guarding my hopes a bit on AVB though, hope he isn't a flash in the pan like plenty of other rookies that have gone before him and just flat-line's after the one impressive season.

Personally, id still love some more inside types with our earlier picks, our current two best (Vince and Jones) won't be able to play at their current level forever, yep we have a few coming through but id rather us just keep stocking them up.

Salem and Stretch have the makings of what you're talking about. I could also see Tyson playing a similar role for us in the future if Petracca and Brayshaw develop into the centre clearance brutes that we hope along with Viney. Lets just not **** around here though, how much does Adam Treloar want? :D
We've got a few quickish guys, I want someone ******* fast on the outside.

Shacke firming as the number 1 pick for most sides now apparently.

Weitering being a close second.

If Francis can play a couple more big games he is in contention as well.

The way its shaping up, I'd be quite happy with Darcy Parish myself. A skillful medium midfielder who can get his own footy.

Schache is an upside pick, very happy for us not to draft him.

Thinking we may have a choice between Parish, Matheison and Curnow.... hopefully Francis but he should go high.

Clark from VM is apparently being talked about as a Bont type bolter.

Ideally what i want is a six man intimidating maniac demolition crew to rotate through the centre bounces, forward line and the interchange every game. We have 3 of them in JV, AB and CP.

Not too much to ask for is it?
vandenBerg, Tyson, ANB and there's your 6. A good mix of height and skills. A couple of left footers and Brayshaw who can kick off either side. Brayshaw, Petracca and vandenBerg being well suited to playing forward and maybe ANB if he can reproduce his efforts from the weekend. And I haven't forgotten Kent who I think has a lot of potential to develop his inside midfield game once he gets fit and gets a chance.

I think Watts, Stretch and Toumpas need more help on the outside before the inside boys, although the ideal situation is to find young players with both the athleticism and traits to do both.

All of that is with the plan to keep Salem at HB at least in the short to mid term as I think he's vital back there at least until we develop more skilled players for the back line.

I guess what I really want is more Salem's! Now that's not too much to ask for is it?!

vandenBerg, Tyson, ANB and there's your 6. A good mix of height and skills. A couple of left footers and Brayshaw who can kick off either side. Brayshaw, Petracca and vandenBerg being well suited to playing forward and maybe ANB if he can reproduce his efforts from the weekend. And I haven't forgotten Kent who I think has a lot of potential to develop his inside midfield game once he gets fit and gets a chance.

I think Watts, Stretch and Toumpas need more help on the outside before the inside boys, although the ideal situation is to find young players with both the athleticism and traits to do both.

All of that is with the plan to keep Salem at HB at least in the short to mid term as I think he's vital back there at least until we develop more skilled players for the back line.

I guess what I really want is more Salem's! Now that's not too much to ask for is it?!

So long as they have a bit of mongrel and no fear in them like CS I'm all for it.

Predominately outside players have scarred me for life though, especially with early picks.

I was thinking about Dom over the weekend and the form he has been in this year (played his best game of the year vs Geelong but thats not saying much), maybe a release to half back to be a ball user could serve him and the team well. When on, he is a very good and damaging kick and it would also help him work on some defensive traits rather than just hunting the football always as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back