List Mgmt. 2015 DRAFT discussion - Clayton Oliver #4, Sam Weideman #10, Mitch King #42, Liam Hulett #46

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has been helped with these new 5 man forward at all times rules.

Plus the only two good key defenders in the draft are on his team!

Still very impressive, very raw.
Has been pretty much one out 20m from goal for most of his marks, great kick though.

Has been helped with these new 5 man forward at all times rules.

Plus the only two good key defenders in the draft are on his team!

Still very impressive, very raw.

I was pretending to be an expert , I was going off what I heard from Garry Lyon on the rub

They aren't allowed to play a spare defender in the TAC or the Under 18 carnival which definitely helps the key forwards.
Yeh, 5 in each arc rule doesn't hurt the big fellas, wonder if Sos told Sosos to simmer down a touch after he kicked that bag last week with the new bidding system.

Yeh, 5 in each arc rule doesn't hurt the big fellas, wonder if Sos told Sosos to simmer down a touch after he kicked that bag last week with the new bidding system.

No he was just playing against scrubs which is why he was able to kick the bag, Son of Son of Silvangi isn't a top flight prospect.

No he was just playing against scrubs which is why he was able to kick the bag, Son of Son of Silvangi isn't a top flight prospect.

He still looked quite good last week.

He's also only a few days into the current draft age - so hes almost 12 months younger than some of the kids he's playing against.

They are saying he a first round prospect now.

I think there will be some great options for us in the 4-8 bracket to choose from at the end of the championships.

Francis, a strong utility from SA, is unlikely to be there - but he has one of the most damaging kicks in the draft, is a great reader of the play and mark... has a lot of mongrel but outside of the contest he doesn't work particularly hard.

Parish, oustide mid VC, will likely be available and would be my pick at the moment - has great skills and endeavor, regularly makes 3-4 efforts in a passage of play and uses his speed to gut run and chase. He's also a very quick decision maker and may be a little too unselfish at times, needs to work on his strength.

Matheison, inside mid VC - will be available, taller mid (188 I think) who is hard as a cats head and has solid skills. Wins inside footy and is desperate for the contest.

Tucker, half back/wing VC - had a down championships relative to his underage year but breaks the lines, is a good defender and kicks well.

Dunkley, midfielder VC - big inside midfielder, skills are rough around the edges but he has missed a lot of footy - inside animal, think Ollie Wines (is a Sydney F/S prospect but that's not a done deal yet).

Collins, KPD VC - good key defender who we could look at if Parish was gone IMO, does everything well, is a great size and has good footskills.

Ah Chee, WA small utility - very clean and exciting player, has great skills and doesn't need much of the ball to impact a game, is inconsistent and I wouldn't look at him until pick 10.

A couple of injured players who could come into calculations.

Curnow and Burton (both key forwards).

I haven't seen anything of Curnow but Burton played at the Championships last year and is a lead up forward who marks well and kicks straight, think Jack Gunston.

Curnow supposedly has a heap of x-factor, hopefully he plays TAC footy later in the year.

The number of talls means this draft is still an unkown, I haven't listed many but some expect the first 20 to have almost 10 talls called out.

Vic Metro seem to have a talent gulf this year - Balic, O'Kearney and Clarke are all nice midfielders who could go to near our 2nd round pick.

Cal Twomey has released a rolling phantom draft (based purely on player rank, rather than picks).

LINK

Personally I like Darcy Parish as the best fit for our list - but I'm not sure Roos would punt a top 5 pick on a skinny midfielder.

Cal Twomey has released a rolling phantom draft (based purely on player rank, rather than picks).

LINK

Personally I like Darcy Parish as the best fit for our list - but I'm not sure Roos would punt a top 5 pick on a skinny midfielder.
Thanks.

I think Roos/Taylor would be wary of the skinny types but I suppose there is always the possibility of filling out a bit more leading up to the draft - just under 5 months to go is a tall order though.

Reality is we could definitely use a good KPD, a good KPF to help Jesse and we still need gun mids. It will be a very interesting draft for us. I tend to think KPF would be second round.

Such a shame about the Frost injury, hard to gauge his long term position.

Thanks.

I think Roos/Taylor would be wary of the skinny types but I suppose there is always the possibility of filling out a bit more leading up to the draft - just under 5 months to go is a tall order though.

Reality is we could definitely use a good KPD, a good KPF to help Jesse and we still need gun mids. It will be a very interesting draft for us. I tend to think KPF would be second round.

Such a shame about the Frost injury, hard to gauge his long term position.

Yeh when I said Parish being the best fit, I was presuming Weitering and Schache will go 1 and 2.

I think that's pretty well set now - no matter who has the picks.

I don't think there's another KPP good enough to make the next 3 or 4 picks.

Aaron Francis sounds like a roos player, tall midfielder who can go forward and kick goals
I know nothing about these guys unfortunately. Can he get the pill? Is he suited to inside, outside or both?

General strengths?

Edit: listed as a tall FWD/DEF

Aaron Francis sounds like a roos player, tall midfielder who can go forward and kick goals

He actually hasn't done much midfield work yet - he's primarily played as a half back flanker.

He went to a forward flank in one of the championship games and jagged 4 goals as well.

If he can play some big midfield games between now and the end of the year, then he'll probably push himself up to pick 3.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know nothing about these guys unfortunately. Can he get the pill? Is he suited to inside, outside or both?

General strengths?

Brendan Goddard type of back flanker.

Strong over the ball, sensible ball user and is a very good intercept mark.

If he can develop some midfield game, he will go very high - certainly not out of the question for our pick.

General strengths?

Edit: listed as a tall FWD/DEF

He's definitely a player Roos would be interested in.

Has played a little midfield but mainly as an intercepting key back.

Great inside the contest and has a great kick, very strong lad.

Lazy outside the contest at the moment, does get much outside ball - either wins the ball himself or off opposition kicks.

Is playing SANFL seniors and doing well - will likely go top 3.

General strengths?

As Demon 16 above me said he was primarily a 3rd tall defender with a great pair of hands on him, moved into the midfield this year and was a clearance machine , big and powerful guy , went forward and kicked 4 from CHF as well
Very much untouched and I'd be surprised if he slipped to late

Powerful inside midfielder who is a natural footballer

Yeh when I said Parish being the best fit, I was presuming Weitering and Schache will go 1 and 2.

I think that's pretty well set now - no matter who has the picks.

I don't think there's another KPP good enough to make the next 3 or 4 picks.

I agree, someone like Burton or Curnow could be taken top 6-7 on talent as key forwards - but don't think that's a move for us unless they play much in the back end of the year.

Parish is a great fit, Roos likes outside players - especially now we have a lot of inside players he has regularly bemoaned turnovers, I think Parish would be on the cards.

Screen Shot 2015-07-04 at 3.01.05 PM.png

Awesome hair cut

princess-leia_288x288.jpg

I agree, someone like Burton or Curnow could be taken top 6-7 on talent as key forwards - but don't think that's a move for us unless they play much in the back end of the year.

Parish is a great fit, Roos likes outside players - especially now we have a lot of inside players he has regularly bemoaned turnovers, I think Parish would be on the cards.

Yeh if Burton/Curnow/Weideman go around pick 8, it will already be because someone is reaching for KPP. Not worth it with pick 4 or 5 at this stage I don't think - particularly as we need more genuine running midfielders as well.

If we take Parish, we will need to be prepared for 3 seasons of development.

He won't step straight into AFL seniors I wouldn't think.

He looks pretty young doesn't he. Kind of pretty..

I could see this scaring Roos off.

It already has me terrified.

I dont need to see any game footage, its a 'NO' from me. :D

Yeh if Burton/Curnow/Weideman go around pick 8, it will already be because someone is reaching for KPP. Not worth it with pick 4 or 5 at this stage I don't think - particularly as we need more genuine running midfielders as well.

If we take Parish, we will need to be prepared for 3 seasons of development.

He won't step straight into AFL seniors I wouldn't think.

In some ways he does, he's a similar proposition to Stretch in all honesty - except a higher level talent with his skill.

He's a willing worker and willing to enter the contest - I could see him playing 5+ games in season one.

On serious note, i always IQ the under 18 carnival games and have a good close look at them after the season is done and dusted in the dead time between footy and cricket.

Haven't been able to keep as closer a eye as i used to on the under 18's this year due to work commitments so I'm not going to pretend to be an expert this year.

One name I've heard a few people rave about from my way is Rhys Mathieson. Interested to get some peoples thoughts who have seen him in action from the forum.

Jesus that guy gives me PTSD.

I think we still go for more grunt. You really can't have enough.

On serious note, i always IQ the under 18 carnival games and have a good close look at them after the season is done and dusted in the dead time between footy and cricket.

Haven't been able to keep as closer a eye as i used to on the under 18's this year due to work commitments so I'm not going to pretend to be an expert this year.

One name I've heard a few people rave about from my way is Rhys Mathieson. Interested to get some peoples thoughts who have seen him in action from the forum.

Love him, big bodied mid who still looks like he could stack on weight - goes at the conest 100 miles an hour.

Footskills and decision making improving on the inside, has a lot to like IMO.

Nohing wrong with kicking technique and can bomb it.

He could maybe be our choice firs round if theres an outside player we like 2nd round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back