List Mgmt. 2015 Draft: Jacob Hopper GWS Academy Player Rated A Top 5 Pick

Remove this Banner Ad

The 13/14 year old might not have played Auskick but been an RL player with good footskills.

Mate, there's a kid plays in my son's under 9's who I reckon, if he sticks with it, will be suiting up in orange. Has all the skills and can already roost it a country mile. And that's just my son's team. There's some really handy players across the comp. I haven't watched any 13/14 year olds, but if the under 9s are any indication - with the right talent identification and academy development - we don't need to poach 'em from league. There's enough out there already.

They now have a program to enter and support to receive and a realistic goal before them rather than what was around before, which was practically nothing. Now that the academy is in place the talent development will be accelerated exponentially.

Mate, there's a kid plays in my son's under 9's who I reckon, if he sticks with it, will be suiting up in orange. Has all the skills and can already roost it a country mile. And that's just my son's team. There's some really handy players across the comp. I haven't watched any 13/14 year olds, but if the under 9s are any indication - with the right talent identification and academy development - we don't need to poach 'em from league. There's enough out there already.

They now have a program to enter and support to receive and a realistic goal before them rather than what was around before, which was practically nothing. Now that the academy is in place the talent development will be accelerated exponentially.

Sounds fantastic, great news. What is your locality?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Robbed of a goal to.
Umpiring tonight was as bad as it possibly could ever be.

As soon as we got to a lead, the amount of holding the ball / incorrect disposal / chopping arms etc etc were forgotten about.

It's as though from the get-go the umpires were INSTRUCTED to keep the Suns in the fame as much as humanly possible.

The Fluro F$^*s tonight were a disgrace to the game and should never be around a game of senior AFL ever again.

GLOW WORM ****$

Most touches I believe is this guy.. 39 od
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dean_Greig

Any idea how many were contested? (They wouldn't have been counted in those days probably)

I mean, 17 disposals would be a pretty fair debut on its own - but that was just Hopper's contested possession count. :eek: Throw in a lazy 9 clearences and 8 score involvements (including what was obviously a goal robbed from him).

No disrespect to Greig, can't comment on his game, but that was some debut tonight.

He just looked right at home from his very first touch.

No pressure on him now though is there?

Any idea how many were contested? (They wouldn't have been counted in those days probably)

I mean, 17 disposals would be a pretty fair debut on its own - but that was just Hopper's contested possession count. :eek: Throw in a lazy 9 clearences and 8 score involvements (including what was obviously a goal robbed from him).

No disrespect to Greig, can't comment on his game, but that was some debut tonight.

Great debut for sure... what does it do for the Academy debate is another issue. He looks a ripper..as if you need another one ;)

Looks like he completes the midfield, bit of hard nut but more polished than Ward and combines with Shiel well. Thought he may struggle to keep his spot but keep playing like that and he will keep someone out, Griffen im looking at you.

Last edited:

Not if he has to live up to the hype that is Greig or Dalziell......

Remove this Banner Ad

Back