List Mgmt. 2015 Draft Prospects (Poll Added 31/8/15)

Which player do you want at our first selection?

• Harry McKay

Votes: 23 14.4%
  • Kieran Collins

Votes: 40 25.0%
  • Ryan Burton

Votes: 15 9.4%
  • Darcy Tucker

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • Callum Ah Chee

Votes: 4 2.5%
  • Harley Balic

• Riley Bonner

Votes: 13 8.1%
  • Other (Specify Below)

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Ben McKay

Votes: 22 13.8%
  • Mitch Hibberd

• Daniel Rioli

• Jade Gresham

• Clayton Oliver

Votes: 8 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Burton got an invitation. Could go top 10. In fact I think they only invite the top 10.
They invite like 15 or so people, anyone who is a chance for top 10. Lewis Taylor was at the draft a few years ago.

Did I see that Cal Twomey had Matheson slipping to 28? Surely that's impossible?
I'd be all over him if there was any chance of slipping to our pick.

Collins/Adams + Matheson would make me happy.

They invite like 15 or so people, anyone who is a chance for top 10. Lewis Taylor was at the draft a few years ago.

But what's interesting is Burton got a late invite according to Quayle. Stringer got a late invite and I think Nakia Cockatoo got a late invite as well and they both went top 10.

What are the odds of a New York Knicks style meltdown here in a few hours? Does drafting one tall prevent that?
Funniest part about that is how good Porzingis looks. I'll take the melts if we end up with a player with as much superstar potential as he has. :rainbow:

Yep happy to add Adcock to the rookie list, it's a no brainer really. He's not going to perform like he did in the final game against us but if needed he can play a role all over the ground and add some leadership and maturity. Big tick.

Yep happy to add Adcock to the rookie list, it's a no brainer really. He's not going to perform like he did in the final game against us but if needed he can play a role all over the ground and add some leadership and maturity. Big tick.

I could see Adcock playing at least 10 - 15 games next season. Bob and Boydy aren't going to be playing 22 games a year and it might help prolong Murph's career by another season. Ideal for interstate trips to rest one of those two and have Adcock come straight in.

Will push hard for a round 1 spot.

Alex Morgan ? What ! Another smallish half back . Bonner I can see is a chance , but why will we draft a guy like Morgan. Can't see it happening.
Just watched his reel and I can see why he would appeal to us. Looks like a really creative player with a very composed kick under pressure. Has some nice tricks too.

Not sure we will go for him but I think he could be a player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some predictions (not really based on much) up to and including our first two picks:

1: Carlton - Jacob Weitering
2: Brisbane - Joshua Schache
3: Sydney - Callum Mills (bid from Melbourne matched)
4: Melbourne - Clayton Oliver
5: GWS - Jacob Hopper (bid from Essendon matched)
6: Essendon - Aaron Francis
7: Essendon - Darcy Parish
8: Gold Coast - Callum Ah Chee
9: Melbourne - Sam Weideman
10: Carlton - Harry McKay
11: Brisbane - Eric Hipwood (bid from Adelaide matched)
12: Adelaide - Ryan Burton
13: Carlton - Charlie Curnow
14: GWS - Matthew Kennedy (bid from Richmond matched)
15: Richmond - Daniel Rioli
16: Adelaide - Wayne Milera
17: St Kilda - Harley Balic
18: Brisbane - Ben Keays (bid from Hawthorn matched)
19: Hawthorn - Kieran Collins
20: Gold Coast - Rhys Mathieson
21: GWS - Harrison Himmelberg (bid from North Melbourne matched)
22: North Melbourne - Mitch Hibberd
23: Hawthorn - Tom Cole
24: Carlton - Jade Gresham
25: Sydney Swans - Josh Dunkley (bid from Western Bulldogs matched)
26: Western Bulldogs - Marcus Adams
27: Western Bulldogs - Sam Skinner/Riley Bonner

Essendon getting Parish and Francis would be unreal for them. Like us in 2012.

Just watched his reel and I can see why he would appeal to us. Looks like a really creative player with a very composed kick under pressure. Has some nice tricks too.

Not sure we will go for him but I think he could be a player.

yeah TBOW , my post was a little harsh on the kid. He can obviously play and as you say a lovely kick and composed.
Just I am with the majority on here , we just don't have the luxury of drafting smaller type flankers this time around.

If Adam's isn't a gorilla my eyes need checking!!
I'd say he's enough of a gorilla to play in our system. The problem with a lot of the real big guys is that they can be a liability offensively.

Our defenders are expected to work as a flexible, cohesive unit both defensively and on the counter attack. We rely on each player being able to pressure an opponent, zone off to intercept and run and deliver offensively.

Without being able to tell a great deal from 2 minutes of footage, Adams seems like an ideal fit.

yeah TBOW , my post was a little harsh on the kid. He can obviously play and as you say a lovely kick and composed.
Just I am with the majority on here , we just don't have the luxury of drafting smaller type flankers this time around.
Sorry I wasn't being critical, (completely understand the needs based angst) just needed a Morgan related post to reference.

Do the actual selections start at 630? I'm in Brisbane so hour earlier up here. Going to need to bolt home from work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd say he's enough of a gorilla to play in our system. The problem with a lot of the real big guys is that they can be a liability offensively.

Our defenders are expected to work as a flexible, cohesive unit both defensively and on the counter attack. We rely on each player being able to pressure an opponent, zone off to intercept and run and deliver offensively.

Without being able to tell a great deal from 2 minutes of footage, Adams seems like an ideal fit.

I think what seems best about Adams is that he doesn't seem like a pure defensive stopper, he moves well for a big guy and is a pretty decent kick.

I think what seems best about Adams is that he doesn't seem like a pure defensive stopper, he moves well for a big guy and is a pretty decent kick.
Interesting to see Skippos mention that his kicking needs a lot of work in his newest phantom update. Perhaps it's not as good as it's made to look in the highlights, but I suppose we'll see. Certainly is capable of pulling off good long-range kicks, might just be that the consistency isn't there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back