List Mgmt. 2015 Draft Prospects (Poll Added 31/8/15)

Which player do you want at our first selection?

• Harry McKay

Votes: 23 14.4%
  • Kieran Collins

Votes: 40 25.0%
  • Ryan Burton

Votes: 15 9.4%
  • Darcy Tucker

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • Callum Ah Chee

Votes: 4 2.5%
  • Harley Balic

• Riley Bonner

Votes: 13 8.1%
  • Other (Specify Below)

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Ben McKay

Votes: 22 13.8%
  • Mitch Hibberd

• Daniel Rioli

• Jade Gresham

• Clayton Oliver

Votes: 8 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thomas Jok is one I've missed sound like a player who would fit our game plan. Anyone seen much?
Does sound right for us but never seen him play. One of my Dees friends thought he was a bit raw but had good defensive side of his game.

I expect he's factoring in Dangerfield, Kruezer, Hipwood, Keays, Mills and one of Hopper or Kennedy.
Interesting thing about the new f/s and academy system: academy players being picked may actually move us up the draft order in some cases. For example, say there was a bid of a very early pick on a gws academy player, and the giants had two picks in the teens. The giants could lose both picks in the teens for just one player, meaning every pick after the two picks they use actually has a net shift of one up the draft order (down one because academy player is taken, but then up two because two picks disappear). Of course, this would require a very early bid for two teen picks to be needed, so it's unlikely to help our first rounder, but don't be surprised if our second rounder ends up higher in the draft order than it is at start of the draft.

Interesting thing about the new f/s and academy system: academy players being picked may actually move us up the draft order in some cases. For example, say there was a bid of a very early pick on a gws academy player, and the giants had two picks in the teens. The giants could lose both picks in the teens for just one player, meaning every pick after the two picks they use actually has a net shift of one up the draft order (down one because academy player is taken, but then up two because two picks disappear). Of course, this would require a very early bid for two teen picks to be needed, so it's unlikely to help our first rounder, but don't be surprised if our second rounder ends up higher in the draft order than it is at start of the draft.
Agreed. The swapping of multiple later picks for single earlier picks should mean other teams, like us, move up late but down in the first (barring an example like you mentioned). Should make draft night really interesting, I love it.

G'day All,

Sorry to intrude, and this may have already been mentioned in the 77 pages of draft talk. Matthew Flynn from Narrandera in the Riverina would be a real savvy pick for you guys if you can get him in the third round or later. He is a mobile, coordinated, 100kg+ 203cm ruckman who kicks goals. Good at ground level. I watched him in the NEAFL and he is a class above all our rucks (besides Mumford) already @ 18. He is part of the GWS academy. Unless we delist or trade some of our ruckmen, and us having to reduce our list size, I can't see him being picked up by us that late unfortunately. Cal Twomey said he was the pick of the ruckman this year.

Anyway good luck. Your recruiters have done a great job drafting so I'm sure they'll do well again. Good luck with the finals. I'd love to see your blokes up on the podium with a medal round their necks!

Both of them?

It could work Ben has played very well as a Key Defender and has some extra size compared to Harry developed he could take those pesky super tall KPFs that always give us headaches. Harry is more suited as roaming CHF who back up rucks. Leaving out the older guys could have a Fwd/back line like this:

FB: Zaine-B.McKay-Biggs
HB:Wood-Roberts-JJ

HF: McLean-H.McKay-Crameri
F: Dickson-T.Boyd-Stringer

Still need the fast hbf flanker line breaker but they don't grow on trees De Bruin rookie option but as always rookies need time. Imagine trying to line up on that forward line :eek:

Darcy and Romero playing this weekend
Nth Knights didn't make finals so Darcy could be playing finals. Cannon made it so Romero could be getting finals experience

G'day All,

Sorry to intrude, and this may have already been mentioned in the 77 pages of draft talk. Matthew Flynn from Narrandera in the Riverina would be a real savvy pick for you guys if you can get him in the third round or later. He is a mobile, coordinated, 100kg+ 203cm ruckman who kicks goals. Good at ground level. I watched him in the NEAFL and he is a class above all our rucks (besides Mumford) already @ 18. He is part of the GWS academy. Unless we delist or trade some of our ruckmen, and us having to reduce our list size, I can't see him being picked up by us that late unfortunately. Cal Twomey said he was the pick of the ruckman this year.

Anyway good luck. Your recruiters have done a great job drafting so I'm sure they'll do well again. Good luck with the finals. I'd love to see your blokes up on the podium with a medal round their necks!

Cheers mate. Drop in any time. :thumbsu:

Our draft watchers on BigFooty will no doubt check your boy out. I'm sure that Dalrymple and McCartney will know exactly who you are talking about.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It could work Ben has played very well as a Key Defender and has some extra size compared to Harry developed he could take those pesky super tall KPFs that always give us headaches. Harry is more suited as roaming CHF who back up rucks. Leaving out the older guys could have a Fwd/back line like this:

FB: Zaine-B.McKay-Biggs
HB:Wood-Roberts-JJ

HF: McLean-H.McKay-Crameri
F: Dickson-T.Boyd-Stringer
:eek:

Exactly my thinking. Both have scope to play at both ends but I reckon Harry is just the perfect type we need right now.

oi
You realize that you can edit your posts right?

Yeah but I'm posting as things happen in the game. Dmac, gresham and Fiorini are miles ahead of every other one of the Knights players. Dmac playing onball and the way he finds it first is very good, working very hard both both ways and setting up scoring chains too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back