List Mgmt. 2015 Draft Prospects (Poll Added 31/8/15)

Which player do you want at our first selection?

• Harry McKay

Votes: 23 14.4%
  • Kieran Collins

Votes: 40 25.0%
  • Ryan Burton

Votes: 15 9.4%
  • Darcy Tucker

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • Callum Ah Chee

Votes: 4 2.5%
  • Harley Balic

• Riley Bonner

Votes: 13 8.1%
  • Other (Specify Below)

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Ben McKay

Votes: 22 13.8%
  • Mitch Hibberd

• Daniel Rioli

• Jade Gresham

• Clayton Oliver

Votes: 8 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just looking through the teams for this week in the TAC and saw this.

Sandringham Dragons

B Murphy Larkin Dance
HB Vorbach Wallace Hayward
C Burt Iudica Tokatlidis
HF Lopo Atkins Briggs
F Mason Hunt Maloney
R Filipovic Lyons Wilkinson
Int Clarke Beveridge Maxfield* Hayres Mackie Hawker Nissenbaum Rendell

Now if I'm not mistaken that is Kye Beveridge, son of the Drink. I'm pretty sure this is his first TAC game too, hope him all the best for the rest of the year :thumbsu:

I'll be quite disappointed if we go for another inside mid like Mathieson with our first pick. We have enough guys that are more then capable already. Wallis, Libba and Bontempelli are our main men and guys like Picken, Jong have shown they are capable of stepping up and will rotate through. Stevens inside game has improved and has shown he's at least adequate backup that can rotate through. Webb could yet turn into a gun inside midfielder or should at least rotate through in the future. If do pick up another inside mid, it should only be in the later rounds. Our needs are too great in other areas.

I'll be quite disappointed if we go for another inside mid like Mathieson with our first pick.
He'll probably still go top 5 in this draft. I just don't like what is available at our first right now, Schache/Weideman are not the right players to play with Boyd, Burton is too small to be a true KPF and has had a broken leg so will play little this year, Curnow though he could become a mid but like Burton is undersized, Balic on his current trend will go top 5, Partington I haven't seen enough of, Parish and weitering are picks 1 & 2, not sure we'll take someone from WA like an Ah Chee or Greg Clark simply because we haven't picked many WA players in the draft since Dalrymple took over and it will be too early for Sam Skinner/Harrison McKay/Dylan Smith as things are now.

it would be either an inside mid or another general forward both of which we have in spades. Mathieson is the best player that could be available hence why I wouldn't be surprised if we had the pick if we selected him.

That is why as of now I'd be thinking about how we could formulate a downgrade and get a pick or two around 16-20 plus a good player (Athletic ruck/KPP/silky midfielder) or just trade it for WHE or Carlilse if we get the opportunity.

He'll probably still go top 5 in this draft. I just don't like what is available at our first right now, Schache/Weideman are not the right players to play with Boyd, Burton is too small to be a true KPF and has had a broken leg so will play little this year, Curnow though he could become a mid but like Burton is undersized, Balic on his current trend will go top 5, Partington I haven't seen enough of, Parish and weitering are picks 1 & 2, not sure we'll take someone from WA like an Ah Chee or Greg Clark simply because we haven't picked many WA players in the draft since Dalrymple took over and it will be too early for Sam Skinner/Harrison McKay/Dylan Smith as things are now.

it would be either an inside mid or another general forward both of which we have in spades. Mathieson is the best player that could be available hence why I wouldn't be surprised if we had the pick if we selected him.

That is why as of now I'd be thinking about how we could formulate a downgrade and get a pick or two around 16-20 plus a good player (Athletic ruck/KPP/silky midfielder) or just trade it for WHE or Carlilse if we get the opportunity.
I would rather turn a pick about 7, into two picks about 20 in this particular draft. I would either take the inside mid OR be taking someone who will probably be there at 20 anyway. Good year to trade our first pick.

I would rather turn a pick about 7, into two picks about 20 in this particular draft. I would either take the inside mid OR be taking someone who will probably be there at 20 anyway. Good year to trade our first pick.

I know Gold Coast currently have pick 19 (End of first round compo) and 21 (because they are currently second last). Anyone you want to nab along with those for our first?

Maybe. I think Aaron Francis has a few runs on the board at this stage as well though and fits more in our needs category as someone you haven't mentioned. I really liked his game against the Northern Blues (also heard he was good against Werribee too) and looks taller then 191cm to me or maybe it's just that he plays taller? Much prefer him over Mathieson or would love Ah Chee of course.

Last edited:
Maybe. I think Aaron Francis has a few runs on the board at this stage as well though and fits more in our needs category. I really liked his game against the Northern Blues (also heard he was good against Werribee too) and looks taller then 191cm to me or maybe it's just that he plays taller?

Just plays taller, his overhead skills let him get away with a cm or two shorter than a tall defender. Probably a flanker at afl level. Wouldn't be surprised if we went there but I think that Bonner will also come under consideration. At this time of the year about half a dozen would come under consideration it all depends on how the interviews go and whether we believe that they have the same work rate as our other picks over the last few years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll be quite disappointed if we go for another inside mid like Mathieson with our first pick. We have enough guys that are more then capable already. Wallis, Libba and Bontempelli are our main men and guys like Picken, Jong have shown they are capable of stepping up and will rotate through. Stevens inside game has improved and has shown he's at least adequate backup that can rotate through. Webb could yet turn into a gun inside midfielder or should at least rotate through in the future. If do pick up another inside mid, it should only be in the later rounds. Our needs are too great in other areas.
I don't like the way the terms 'inside mid' and 'outside mid' just get thrown around and once heard, a player is grouped and becomes part of the collective. Mathieson would give us something different to Libba, Wallis and the Bont and would be a certain upgrade on Jong and Stevens who are handy 6-8th best mids. If he is the best player at our pick I wouldn't complain about taking him. Natural, tough footballer who can play and shouldn't have many problems stepping up to AFL level. Has improvement in him as well and whilst he wouldn't suit our immediate needs, at this stage I don't think many do. We can afford to improve depth at every position.

I don't believe a CHF is our greatest need at the moment. I do believe the Ruck is our greatest need, and is something we will need to trade for to fix. I am for trading our first pick for a ruckman that fits our needs. I would be disappointed if we recruited Ah Chee. I don't know a whole lot about Greg Clark but if he is a tall midfielder who has a lot of improvement in him he would surely be a good pick. I'd like to see Partington and Balic maintain their current form across the whole champs to really believe they are top 5-10. Curnow is a prospect that continues to intrigue me and I wouldn't be totally against taking him either.

Listened to the Jets v Falcons game. Brandon Colletta is one to watch for the Jets. Kol played really well, Parish is back, Donne was good beat Daw around the ground whereas Daw beat him in the ruck.

SATURDAY TAC CUP RESULTS

QUEENSLAND

Goal Kickers: W. Buzza 5, C. Filewood 3, D. Budarick 2, C. Wagner 2, J. Allison , J. Brown
Best Players: , W. Buzza , E. Hipwood , J. Joyce , D. Budarick , C. Filewood , D. Watson
OAKLEIGH CHARGERS
Goal Kickers: J. Ridley 6, T. Phillips 2, D. Beddison , K. Latu-Green , M. Young , J. Corboy , M. Jackson
Best Players: , J. Ridley , T. Phillips , F. Pearce , M. Jackson , M. Wenn , D. Beddison

EASTERN RANGES
Goal Kickers: A. Cotte , D. Crocker , J. Hannon , M. Prosser
Best Players: , D. Crocker , T. Jacotine , H. Stanley , A. Fenton , A. Santamaria , R. Harvey
NSW/ACT RAMS
Goal Kickers: H. Himmelberg 3, D. Sanderson 2, T. Coenen , C. Bance , M. Flynn , S. Wilson , T. Faul , M. Wilson
Best Players: , C. Bance , D. Baron-Hay , H. Himmelberg , J. Kelly , R. Hebron , M. Kennedy

DANDENONG STINGRAYS
Goal Kickers: M. Cox 3, L. Batten 3, Z. Roscoe 2, D. Warke 2, J. Freeman 2, P. Raso , K. Beveridge
Best Players: , B. White , H. Prior , M. Cox , L. Batten , J. Rouse , J. Freeman
NORTHERN KNIGHTS
Goal Kickers: K. Malone 4, M. Ercolano 2, B. Jordan 2, C. Roberts , S. Peet , A. Capeci
Best Players: , K. Malone , M. Ercolano , S. Peet , M. Blakey , L. McVeigh , B. Jordan

TASMANIA
Goal Kickers: N. Dodge 5, H. Pearce 2, L. Webb , N. Franklin , I. Franks , J. Hayden
Best Players: , J. Sushames , L. Smith , N. Dodge , B. McGuinness , H. Pearce , N. Franklin
BENDIGO PIONEERS
Goal Kickers: L. Ryan 2, E. Stewart 2, R. Free , J. Marciano , B. Edwards
Best Players: , I. Miller , L. Tardrew , B. Edwards , M. Hore , J. Muscatello , J. Fox

WESTERN JETS
Goal Kickers: B. Coletta 5, J. Bertollo 3, J. Hickey , O. Junker
Best Players: , B. Coletta , J. Hickey , D. Foley , W. Berry , L. Knight , J. Harrison
GEELONG FALCONS
Goal Kickers: L. Donne 4, D. Schilder 3, P. Kelleher 3, Z. Zdybel 2, H. Kershaw 2, N. Connors , L. Wagener , J. Syddall , B. Remmos , L. Morwood , M. Patten , D. Parish
Best Players: , H. Kershaw , H. Kol , L. Donne , A. Witherden , Z. Zdybel , N. Connors

GIPPSLAND POWER
Goal Kickers: T. Papley 4, J. McDonald 3, N. Argento , M. De Bruin , J. Dunkley
Best Players: , C. Ambler , B. Dessent , T. Papley , J. McDonald , W. Leslie , C. Buykx-Smith
CALDER CANNONS
Goal Kickers: T. Young 3, D. Tarczon , L. Bramble , R. Baker , H. Kerbatieh , J. Murphy , H. Rocke
Best Players: , J. Reaper , B. Laguda , O. Magbegor , J. Flower , H. Rocke , M. Stillman

NORTHERN TERRITORY
Goal Kickers: J. Musgrove 2, M. Bricknell , D. Turner , J. Anderson , J. Jeffrey , W. Ross
Best Players: , L. McGregor , B. Parfitt , D. Barry , J. Jeffrey , D. Ferreira , M. Hagan
MURRAY BUSHRANGERS
Goal Kickers: T. McMullan 6, Z. Sproule 5, C. Oliver 4, B. Sharp 2, J. Minogue , D. McDonald , J. Marshall
Best Players: , , C. Oliver , J. Marshall , M. Waite , N. Coughlan , M. King

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Can someone stop Dodge from kicking more than 4 goals a game this year?

Last edited:
looks likely to bolt.

As I have stated above Nick Dodge has kicked 4 goals in his first two games and 5 in this one. Been finding a lot of the footy too, might be one to watch for later in the piece with the way that we draft.

I hope he doesn't :D
Give me a choice between WHE & Balic, I would choose Balic 7 times out of 10

Did Bonner have a decent game? Fancy him at our first pick to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back