List Mgmt. 2015 Draft. Rookie Draft on Friday

Remove this Banner Ad

\
After reading the Ah Chee profile, loving 'brilliant use by foot', 'both sides of his body', and 'humble professional who some clubs rate as one of the best characters in the draft'.

2 of the 3 above points could be used to describe a similar player in Harley Bennell. Ill let you guess which 2

I have watched 7 mins of this kid and if I didn't know anything and just watched Ah Chee and this kid's highlights packages I would be taking this bloke in a heart beat.

I am man crushing on this bloke already - he's this year's Touk Miller
He looks good doesn't he. 183cm 82kg. Clearly Rocket sees the run on the list lacking, with Shoenfeld and Willis. Will be interesting to see how he goes against AFL opponents.

Loving the recruitment decisions made by Clayton & co.

Like an article mentions this morning, we recruited quality players with characters to match. No more selecting kids that ooze potential but have questionable work ethics.

Look forward to meeting all of our new recruits & having a chat at our next open training session :thumbsu:

Loving the recruitment decisions made by Clayton & co.

Like an article mentions this morning, we recruited quality players with characters to match. No more selecting kids that ooze potential but have questionable work ethics.

Look forward to meeting all of our new recruits & having a chat at our next open training session :thumbsu:

^+1

I think that if we pick up one or two project talls like Glass-McCasker, Dyan Smith or Callum Moore and then a couple of big bodies inside midfielders and it will have been a pretty good period for us.

How many picks do we have?
I read something the other day that you can have a senior list of 38 with 6 rookies, or 39 with 5 rookies or 40 with 4 rookies. We currently have 39 on our senior list I think. So we have space for one more in either the PSD or get another DFA. If we do I guess we can have 4 rookies. Stanley is earmarked already so we can get 3 more new faces on our rookie list.
However this doesn't tie in with what happened last year, so because we are an expansion club maybe it's different for us.
Also we have that strange thing where we can have rookies that aren't rookies like Broughton last year, not sure how that ties in.
Confusing huh.

He looks good doesn't he. 183cm 82kg. Clearly Rocket sees the run on the list lacking, with Shoenfeld and Willis. Will be interesting to see how he goes against AFL opponents.

He plays a bit like Dustin Martin. (As far as I can tell watching the vid on my phone)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Going by some posts on Instagram, it looks like we're not picking up Danny Stanley in the rookie draft. I've seen a few farewell posts in there. I suspect he chose not to enter it after being delisted.
Interesting. It didn't sound like we were overly interested in picking him up again in the media statement though.

Think we've done well with inside/outside running Mids, Rucks fine, Wings covered, Forwards looking good, maybe a Glass-McCasker 198cm 95kg down back would fit. Also Stephen Tahana and Will Snelling

Going by some posts on Instagram, it looks like we're not picking up Danny Stanley in the rookie draft. I've seen a few farewell posts in there. I suspect he chose not to enter it after being delisted.

I don't think he was ever interested at being back at the SUNS after they delisted him

Remove this Banner Ad

Back