List Mgmt. 2015 Draft Thread - Pre-Season & Rookie Draft Friday 11:00am AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this is a draft thread but indirectly related. Does anyone think we might move on any of our talls, if the price is right?

I know this is a draft thread but indirectly related. Does anyone think we might move on any of our talls, if the price is right?

I doubt it. I don't think we'll be looking to draft a tall anyway. I think we've got enough coverage at the moment forward & back.

Probably only if we bring another one in.
If we got Kreuzer you'd have to think that one of our 200cm forwards would be surplus to requirements
We can't even get McBean into the side as it is

sorry to but in ladz, just wondering what pick will richmond hold in this years draft?

Thanks for that. Looks pretty good from that little snippet. What are his knocks? Would you take him as high as pick 12?

No doubt he'll be available at our first pick. My knocks are basically- Where was he 3-4 months ago, he didn't play for Vic Country yet was nominated by 5+ teams to make the national combine list. I don't even think he played in their trial game in April (though I'd have to check the tape are I didn't note him down)
Mind you his injuries early in the year could be a factor.

It's funny because I don't believe he tested that well earlier in the year- He doesn't have elite speed, but looks to have pretty good agility. I made note yesterday that he looked a lot faster than he tested, so quite possibly it's something that he has improved.

Consistency is a key one, yesterday for example was hardly sighted early but was almost best on in the second half of the game but that is like almost any prospect. He's a really good prospect in my eyes!

Clayton is a strong bodied inside midfielder.

Personally I'd go a Milera/Ah Chee factor with our first pick. We need speed in our side, we really lack that X-Factor in our midfield. But those two are the top of my list and if gone by our Pick 11 for example I'd love Oliver.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn't be surprised if we traded our first for a player and pick 20 to 23 so we can get Oliver. Maybe Bennell.

Thanks Bishop for your work/research and info. Great stuff.

It's a tough one. My number 1 priority right now would be an inside mid in the mold of Josh Kennedy/Ollie Wines/Jobe Watson. A big bodied, bash and crash extractor who can set up the outside players would be ideal. Obviously in the final against North we really lacked this type of player.

We have Menadue, Ellis and McIntosh - outside mids with endurance (will become even more important next year) and some speed. I'd be super keen on an electric small forward but if we had another inside extractor Edwards could spend more time forward.

No doubt he'll be available at our first pick. My knocks are basically- Where was he 3-4 months ago, he didn't play for Vic Country yet was nominated by 5+ teams to make the national combine list. I don't even think he played in their trial game in April (though I'd have to check the tape are I didn't note him down)
Mind you his injuries early in the year could be a factor.

It's funny because I don't believe he tested that well earlier in the year- He doesn't have elite speed, but looks to have pretty good agility. I made note yesterday that he looked a lot faster than he tested, so quite possibly it's something that he has improved.

Consistency is a key one, yesterday for example was hardly sighted early but was almost best on in the second half of the game but that is like almost any prospect. He's a really good prospect in my eyes!

Clayton is a strong bodied inside midfielder.

Personally I'd go a Milera/Ah Chee factor with our first pick. We need speed in our side, we really lack that X-Factor in our midfield. But those two are the top of my list and if gone by our Pick 11 for example I'd love Oliver.

I've also heard his fitness base is supposed to be poor and that his skin folds are a bit of an issue for him as well.

Collins and Oliver both fill a need, just a matter of which one we think is better.

Personally I would take Collins.

That's if we keep our first pick.

Seems as though everbody is looking outside of the square re recruiting ruckmen these days. Carlton have signed up US basketballer Matt Korcheck as a Category B International Rookie. Korcheck, who stands at 6”10 (208cm) and weighs 105kg.

Watching the Pies play our reserves a couple of weeks ago Coxe who stands at 211 cm and is from The USA was bloody impressive. Can just see him being a more mobile Sandilands in 2 years time.

Hope we are looking at something similar. It's the way things are heading in 3 years time 205cm will be average height for a ruckman.

Seems as though everbody is looking outside of the square re recruiting ruckmen these days. Carlton have signed up US basketballer Matt Korcheck as a Category B International Rookie. Korcheck, who stands at 6”10 (208cm) and weighs 105kg.

Watching the Pies play our reserves a couple of weeks ago Coxe who stands at 211 cm and is from The USA was bloody impressive. Can just see him being a more mobile Sandilands in 2 years time.

Hope we are looking at something similar. It's the way things are heading in 3 years time 205cm will be average height for a ruckman.

Can be a bit hit or miss. Remember we do have Soldo on the rookie list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back