List Mgmt. 2015 Draft Thread - Pre-Season & Rookie Draft Friday 11:00am AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screenshot_2015-07-22-20-35-03.png OkConsidering its such a shallow draft surely we look at some mature ages who could potentially make an impact.

I hope we look at Shane Nelson just an absolute ball magnet.
Won West Perths best fairest in 2013 when they won the flag
Came 2nd in the Sandover Medal in 2014 by 1 vote
Leading possession getter in the WAFL 2014
Finished the season with a career best 52 possessions.
Going great this year too.

OkConsidering its such a shallow draft surely we look at some mature ages who could potentially make an impact.

I hope we look at Shane Nelson just an absolute ball magnet.
Won West Perths best fairest in 2013 when they won the flag
Came 2nd in the Sandover Medal in 2014 by 1 vote
Leading possession getter in the WAFL 2014
Finished the season with a career best 52 possessions.
Going great this year too.

Mark my words- This will be the year clubs will look outside the square. Won't be too many drafted straight out of TAC Cup/U18 state footy than their usually is.

Hisham Kerbatieh. Leading goal kicker for Vic Metro at the champs. Has kicked a fair few goals for Calder too.

20m sprint of around 2.85s
Where is he expected to go in the draft? I've heard of Ah Chee and Balic too. Don't know much about them as I'm from QLD so don't see them play.

It seems in past our top 8-12 pick has been too high to blow on the best small forward but we might fit that bracket this year. It will telling what kind of player they select with the first pick (assuming we still have and not traded it :D)

Where is he expected to go in the draft? I've heard of Ah Chee and Balic too. Don't know much about them as I'm from QLD so don't see them play.

It seems in past our top 8-12 pick has been too high to blow on the best small forward but we might fit that bracket this year. It will telling what kind of player they select with the first pick (assuming we still have and not traded it :D)
40+ likely.

Long way out, but if we hang on to our first pick this year I like the look of Ryan Clarke. Hard running link up midfielder with a lovely kick. Reminds me of Jack Macrae a bit.

Hisham Kerbatieh has been mentioned as a small forward option too, don't mind him, nice kick, but seems a bit selfish and not sure he's got enough tricks to make it AFL level. Actually reminds me of Sam Lloyd.

Any other names we should keep an eye on? Partington, Mathieson, Tucker, Curnow, Burton and Dunkley are others that might be worth a look for our first. Though none are particularly exciting. Burton kind of is, but he's coming off a serious leg injury. Will have a steel rod in his leg for the rest of his life apparently.

Overall this pool doesn't really do it for me. Even the top end seems a bit thin.

I wouldn't mind us looking at some rebounding defenders like Thomas Glen or Brandon White with a later pick

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watched Dunkley closely yesterday and if we could somehow keep a second round pick and he was available I wouldn't mind us taking him. Granted not the best disposal by foot but the kid knows how to win the footy and also has a strong defensive aspect to his game which would be rather handy in our midfield full of sheep dogs who corral rather than tackle.

Watched Dunkley closely yesterday and if we could somehow keep a second round pick and he was available I wouldn't mind us taking him. Granted not the best disposal by foot but the kid knows how to win the footy and also has a strong defensive aspect to his game which would be rather handy in our midfield full of sheep dogs who corral rather than tackle.

He reminds me a lot of Daniel Jackson in the way Dunkley plays.

He reminds me a lot of Daniel Jackson in the way Dunkley plays.
Having a Jackson clone wouldn't be the worse thing to add to the list.

Having a Jackson clone wouldn't be the worse thing to add to the list.

Jackson would be handy in our midfield right now. Adding Dunkley to our midfield gives us another strong bodied, contested player who is tough and hard, and can get his own ball, but is accountable and runs both ways.

Jackson would be handy in our midfield right now. Adding Dunkley to our midfield gives us another strong bodied, contested player who is tough and hard, and can get his own ball, but is accountable and runs both ways.
Alongside Corey it would be good to have another couple of young bulls to learn off the likes of Cotchin & Miles

Would basically be a Mitchell type, very handy

Assuming we part with our first rounder for a Motlop or someone similar, wouldn't mind us doing something like this:

2nd round pick- Dunkley/Clark- Tall inside midfielder which is all the rage, but not something we really have
3rd round pick- Mitch Brown/Hartley- Outside the guys in the top 30, these 2 mature age guys seemed to be rated higher than any of the other younger KPD's floating around in the u18's. Thought Brown looked quite impressive in the NAB for the dons, would be important to get someone in if we end up losing someone like Astbury.
4th round pick- Upgrade Lambert

Wouldn't expect us to do too much in the draft this year, might let go of Thomas/Arnot requiring a few more rookie picks but considering how hard we have gone at the draft over the last few years, the fact we are expected to be quite involved in this years trade period and that this year's draft is seen as quite shallow, I can see us having a quiet draft night.

Mitchell from Sydney
Sure. But I'd be very surprised if we took a kid with such poor kicking skills. Then again I think Miles is a very average kick but a clearance machine so we might think his contested ball game is good enough to get drafted on.

Assuming we part with our first rounder for a Motlop or someone similar, wouldn't mind us doing something like this:

2nd round pick- Dunkley/Clark- Tall inside midfielder which is all the rage, but not something we really have
3rd round pick- Mitch Brown/Hartley- Outside the guys in the top 30, these 2 mature age guys seemed to be rated higher than any of the other younger KPD's floating around in the u18's. Thought Brown looked quite impressive in the NAB for the dons, would be important to get someone in if we end up losing someone like Astbury.
4th round pick- Upgrade Lambert

Wouldn't expect us to do too much in the draft this year, might let go of Thomas/Arnot requiring a few more rookie picks but considering how hard we have gone at the draft over the last few years, the fact we are expected to be quite involved in this years trade period and that this year's draft is seen as quite shallow, I can see us having a quiet draft night.

I disagree with the mature age blokes. We don't need them on our list.

I think we'll go with
1st round ?? Bonner would be nice
2nd round ??? Whoever slides, similar to Menadue last yr
3rd round Kerbatieh
4th round Lambert upgrade

I can guarantee we'll be going mature age in the rookie draft & we're very interested in Chol too as a long term prospect.

I disagree with the mature age blokes. We don't need them on our list.

I think we'll go with
1st round ?? Bonner would be nice
2nd round ??? Whoever slides, similar to Menadue last yr
3rd round Kerbatieh
4th round Lambert upgrade

I can guarantee we'll be going mature age in the rookie draft & we're very interested in Chol too as a long term prospect.
Who is Chol?
Bonner would be brilliant but I though if we trade out Astbury then Collins would be a good get with our first?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back