List Mgmt. 2015 Draft Thread - Pre-Season & Rookie Draft Friday 11:00am AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a shallow draft I'd like us to take Ben Cavara from Frankston VFL.
He would only be 21. He was captain of vic metro in the under 18s then I'm pretty sure came 2nd in frankstons BnF in his first year.
He is definitely worth taking a punt.
I think the main reason he didn't get drafted was his height.
Look what miles and lambert have done for us though. They arnt tall at all.

Hi guys hope you don't mind me intruding, I've always thought McBean has looked very promising, where's his likelihood of getting games next year? I'd love to see him in a Port jumper. What would it take to get him?

I was thinking Paul Stewart and maybe Kane Mitchell for McBean and a 3rd rounder? Thoughts?

So basically one hack who gets the ball a lot but can't kick, another hack who can kick but can't get the ball and a 3rd round draft pick in a piss weak draft for a guy we have put 5 years development into...........yeah we do sign up for that. We gave you Schulz & White, you gave us Farmer and Numnuts (ok I forgot his name). We basically gifted you a final last year. You owe us plenty, so we will have Wines as part of our payment.

PS - Under no circumstances will we entertain any trade that involves Monfries !

In a shallow draft I'd like us to take Ben Cavara from Frankston VFL.
He would only be 21. He was captain of vic metro in the under 18s then I'm pretty sure came 2nd in frankstons BnF in his first year.
He is definitely worth taking a punt.
I think the main reason he didn't get drafted was his height.
Look what miles and lambert have done for us though. They arnt tall at all.

He's been OK. The big knock on him I have is his kicking efficiency, at his height you've really gotta be good at something. (I don't believe he interviewed too well as Under 18s hence another reason why he was overlooked)

I believe he won the VFL rising star or some award last year- But if he didn't get picked up last ever, I think it's even harder for him, especially considering Frankston didn't win a game.

Pass for me.

Hi guys hope you don't mind me intruding, I've always thought McBean has looked very promising, where's his likelihood of getting games next year? I'd love to see him in a Port jumper. What would it take to get him?

I was thinking Paul Stewart and maybe Kane Mitchell for McBean and a 3rd rounder? Thoughts?
How about Wines for McBean and a 3rd rounder?

Last edited:
With the recent success of Kane Lambert I hope we have a look at Ozgar Uysal for a rookie spot.
He's had a great year for Coburg and I watched him live when we played Coburg 3 weeks ago and he was outstanding. A real bull that wins plenty of it and tackles hard.

Don't have an issue with Dunkley. Seems hard at it and tackles well. Jackson couldn't kick and won a B&F and boy we'd love him back.

*that being said - only of we were to downgrade our first pick or take him with our second.

Good to see our man Clayton Oliver jump up the draft rankings. Kicked 6 goals on the weekend for Murray- Has mounted a strong case for Top 30 since he played VFL with us.
Pity he couldn't be kept under wraps because now he may be gone before we have a chance to snap him up (assuming our early pick/s are traded).
Paige Cardona is on the band wagon-http://footyprophet.com/paiges-afl-draft-board-august-edition/

24: Clayton Oliver (new)
Height: 187cm, Weight: 86kgs
Club: Murray Bushrangers
Position: Midfielder

Moving into the top 30, Clayton Oliver has been threatening this position for weeks, but showed why on the weekend that draft nerds around the country are talking about the 17 year-old who has some good senior bush footy under his belt to go along side his stunning run of form of late. Oliver bagged six goals – from the midfield! He also helped himself to 27 disposals and six clearances. In the past two months, Clayton has finished in the Bushrangers’ best seven out of eight games he has played, averaging 26 disposals throughout that period. The hard-nosed on-baller is ultra composed in a contest; his hands at the stoppages are slick and quick, his mature body means he’s rarely brought to ground, . Featured in the best for Richmond VFL’s side clash against Sandringham late in July playing as the 23rd man

Clayton Oliver wins the Morrish Medal (TAC Cup B&F), played a pretty good game today- nearly got his Bushrangers up in the TAC Cup final against Oakleigh. He's probably going to fall in between our 1st and 2nd picks at this stage.

Unless we trade our first rounder, we'll go to the draft getting in some more talent with our first two picks, before I'd expect us to upgrade Lambert and then pass our remaining (unless someone slips who we value).

So the draft is only a few months away and I wanted to get people view on who we should draft for our upcoming draft.

Unfortunately I have no ******* idea any of the potential draftees so I'd like to invite someone to get the ball rolling by posting up the top 20 draft prospects.

We probably won't have any early picks and will mostly focus on rookie upgrades to make our minimum selections.
Can't imagine this thread getting too much activity

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3fuJFA8.png

Would be my Top 30 list as we stand today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back