List Mgmt. 2015 Draft. Rookie Draft on Friday

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder who we would be after that is worth a #3 pick and getable?

Given Beams and Griffen have gone for something like that I would be expecting a player of that sort of ilk. Will have to look through Mike Sheahan's top 50 list as I would expect to get someone off that list for that sort of pick given we are trading a potential 200 game player for an established gun with potentially 100 games left in the tank.
Both Griffen and Beams were massive surprises in the trade period so maybe that could happen again.

Both Griffen and Beams were massive surprises in the trade period so maybe that could happen again.

If Iva's good word is correct then hopefully it will be a very pleasant surprise.

Don't mind the move to get a gun. Ablett has 2 real good years left as a mid, young players are coming into their prime and Rocket has had a year to steady the ship. If we are bold things will happen very quickly.

If Iva's good word is correct then hopefully it will be a very pleasant surprise.

Don't mind the move to get a gun. Ablett has 2 real good years left as a mid, young players are coming into their prime and Rocket has had a year to steady the ship. If we are bold things will happen very quickly.
Yeah we need to get 1-3 experienced players this offseason. Getting 4-5 players in the draft won't give us immediate impact next year especially with a weak draft.

In light of the above offer being available (assuming GFC and Motlop can't come to financial terms) my ideal scenario would be:

Out: Pick #3, #20 + Z Smith or McKenzie
In: Motlop + JK + #12-14

GFC can grab a local boy in Parish, alleviate their salary cap issues they may have with the influx of free agents and on trade pick #20 to Carlton for Henderson (closer to his value than the GFCs 1st rd pick given he has been ordinary for last 2 years)

If Dixon goes and we get pick #7-8 we still get Curnow or Mathiesen

Use pick #12-14 to make sure we get Hibberd or another good talent

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got to remember the Drums are sounding for Dion to return to Melbourne next year.
Which would leave us with no in and under 30touches a game players.
Apart from Gaz
Swallow will always be 20 odd touches
No one knows how O'Meara will go
We almost need Parish.
But we could get an experienced midfielder next year that will give us instant improvement. We need to push for finals next year. It's what will get Prestia, O'Meara and Swallow to stay.

Got to remember the Drums are sounding for Dion to return to Melbourne next year.
Which would leave us with no in and under 30touches a game players.
Apart from Gaz
Swallow will always be 20 odd touches
No one knows how O'Meara will go
We almost need Parish.

But we could get an experienced midfielder next year that will give us instant improvement. We need to push for finals next year. It's what will get Prestia, O'Meara and Swallow to stay.
c23773b6d9b1852965033f9dfb780382fcce024d

Surely we could keep pick 3 for Parish, then trade whatever we get for Dixon for Motlop? Add Dempsey and/or Bell to that and we're set.

Important to know too, that Motlop and May are close friends. That itself is a draw card.

c23773b6d9b1852965033f9dfb780382fcce024d

Surely we could keep pick 3 for Parish, then trade whatever we get for Dixon for Motlop? Add Dempsey and/or Bell to that and we're set.

Important to know too, that Motlop and May are close friends. That itself is a draw card.
Well that's the perfect world but i have a feeling it won't be perfect this offseason.

Id be happy if Dunkley slipped to 20-22

Milera looks a player to at around that mark.

Gresham looks a very good player his short but elite at everything could be a new and improved
Matera.

I think at about 20 the talent is all pretty similiar all just depends what type of player/position your after

Now Gresham had 42 touches yesterday as captain of the Northen knights.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back