2015 Draft, Trade & Free Agent Discussion & Speculation Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
afl.com says the Eagles are very interested in him. Probably a perfect fit for them, although I think he'd be a perfect fit for any team really. Gun

Just read that. The only thing worse than him not coming to Freo would be him going to WC. I'd say we could be in the running though if we could get a chat with him. Then it would come down to out bidding WC - do we have any Queenslanders on the list?

afl.com says the Eagles are very interested in him. Probably a perfect fit for them, although I think he'd be a perfect fit for any team really. Gun
Just read that. The only thing worse than him not coming to Freo would be him going to WC. I'd say we could be in the running though if we could get a chat with him. Then it would come down to out bidding WC - do we have any Queenslanders on the list?

Sounds like Lions may need a ruck? We do have that to trade....

Big bodied mids with elite kicking fit perfectly into our team as well.

Due diligence from the club would have to mean we sound him out plus we have a South Australian contingent at our club already so he wont be lonely.

Last edited:
that's all it said really. A west coast poster answered the question about west australians that might be drafted. one wc supporter asked if bootsma was a chance and another answered that we were keen to get him.

Ahh yeah nothing we haven't already been talking about in the peel thunder thread

Still miffed on how or why redden/ Jetta will want to go to the Eagles and not freo. Both players are perfect age bracket

Ahh yeah nothing we haven't already been talking about in the peel thunder thread

Still miffed on how or why redden/ Jetta will want to go to the Eagles and not freo. Both players are perfect age bracket
Not sure if Redden would choose WC over Freo. They just want him if Selwood leaves and it seems he isn't. Jetta wanted to go to WC before he was drafted to Sydney, Sounds like he is a fan. McCarthy, Yeo and Hogan, Brayshaw and Hooker would have or will choose Freo over WC

Not sure if Redden would choose WC over Freo. They just want him if Selwood leaves and it seems he isn't. Jetta wanted to go to WC before he was drafted to Sydney, Sounds like he is a fan. McCarthy, Yeo and Hogan, Brayshaw and Hooker would have or will choose Freo over WC
On afl.com it says the Eagles is his preferred destination

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Such a shame we didn't pick up Yeo. We had two chances!

Redden must be good friends with Yeo if he is declaring the Eagles as his preferred destination.

Did we ever have a realistic opportunity?
We could've drafted him instead of Alex Forster and when he requested a trade he was either coming to us or WCE. WCE showed more interest and were able to get a suitable trade done. I think he's pretty good. One of the reasons why WCE have improved this year.

The WC supporter who replied is also a South Freo supporter. May have heard something......or not

Seppo red card this guy!!!
Haha :p

He didn't have much of a preseason this year and was playing as the most dangerous in a team of young men and past-its.

If he is fit for a preseason he could be worth a goal or three a game as the mid/fwd rotation, especially for a team like Sydney that could use more scoring power.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back