2015 Draft, Trade & Free Agent Discussion & Speculation Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Young just said that because he didn't want to say their 2nd round pick because that would upset GC. But he finished off by saying because of what has been portrayed in the media Scott Clayton probably won't get what he is after.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So from our main list the outs are:

Sylvia
Duffield
Duffy
Deluca
McPharlin
Crowley

Meaning we have room for 6 players to come onto the list at this point:

Bennell
McCarthy
Black
5th round selection (Bootsma)
3rd round selection
PSD selection

How would everyone feel with those list changes?

So from our main list the outs are:

Sylvia
Duffield
Duffy
Deluca
McPharlin
Crowley

Meaning we have room for 6 players to come onto the list at this point:

Bennell
McCarthy
Black
5th round selection (Bootsma)
3rd round selection
PSD selection

How would everyone feel with those list changes?
We might upgrade T.Smith onto the list as well. Not sure we'll chase Black though.

Apeness? Surely not

Kid is injured - as bad as the Collingwood kid. Would be filthy to see him go
I would also hate to see him go. I think him and McCarthy could work really well in the same forward line together as one would be more a leading option and Apeness the more contested marker.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He better bloody be.

Tbh, I'm ok with Weller wanting to move on. I think he is surplus especially with Bennell coming in. He will have some big currency and will us to be more flexible in this years trade. We actually may still be able to have a first round of some sort if we trade for him.

Real problem is saints are likely to give up their first round for Carlisle. Or maybe we trade for saints 2016 first rounder? likely 6-12?
Will at least give us a first rounder next year even if we have to give up one for McCarthy.
If we trade - we have upper hand as he's still contracted

If its Langdon, then we will be lucky to get steak knives, plus he's also still contracted

Does anyone else feel we need 1-2 players so that we can push C Pearce, Mzungu, de Boer etc out of our best 22.

Bennell will push one out, I guess Weller or Blakely could push one out as well. I would love to have 22 good kickers in our side, instead of playing with 3-4 people with suspect disposal.

Does anyone else feel we need 1-2 players so that we can push C Pearce, Mzungu, de Boer etc out of our best 22.

Bennell will push one out, I guess Weller or Blakely could push one out as well. I would love to have 22 good kickers in our side, instead of playing with 3-4 people with suspect disposal.
If Croz has a good preseason and is played in a position that suits his natural abilities, he could easily push one of those guys out as well.

Tbh, I'm ok with Weller wanting to move on. I think he is surplus especially with Bennell coming in. He will have some big currency and will us to be more flexible in this years trade. We actually may still be able to have a first round of some sort if we trade for him.
Seriously unless he wants to leave what is it with people constantly putting up Weller? Have you seen him play much? Will be good, very good and have already put a year into him, showing him the door is something to old bum admin would do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back