2015 Draft, Trade & Free Agent Discussion & Speculation Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we have a list of 4-5 KPPs we'd comfortably draft at our second pick but not our first there's no point in reaching IMO. Our first two picks will only be roughly 10-12 picks apart. Hoping for a half back with elite skills if we can't get a tall with our first. We don't really have a mid sized defender with elite skills anymore unless we want to play Hill there, which may happen anyway but it's not ideal.

Spot on.

Casboult is miles better than both Jones and Watson. He's a player that very few afl clubs wouldn't take. Jones and Watson are both players no other club would take. And yes, I am saying that I don't think Watson will get picked up. If he does it's because a club is very, very desperate for KPPs.
Cassboult is a poor kick so why would AFL clubs like the Dockers take him

Cassboult is a poor kick so why would AFL clubs like the Dockers take him
Casboult actually had a decent ratio on the set shot this season. He'd be our second best key forward. He'd be the best mark on our list (ok maybe behind Fyfe), can be a useful second ruck and actually kicks goals. His accuracy on goals last year was actually above average.

Anyway Watson, Jones and Casboult will probably never ever be on our list and won't be next year. This thread is about freos drafting and trading. I'd rather talk about guys that will/could be on our list next season.

If we have a list of 4-5 KPPs we'd comfortably draft at our second pick but not our first there's no point in reaching IMO. Our first two picks will only be roughly 10-12 picks apart. Hoping for a half back with elite skills if we can't get a tall with our first. We don't really have a mid sized defender with elite skills anymore unless we want to play Hill there, which may happen anyway but it's not ideal.
Bonner might slide. Id be rapt if we got either Bonner or Burton. Burton looks like a Jack Darling type player in that he plays taller than his height and is already 90kg. He put on 10kg since his leg injury.

Bonner might slide. Id be rapt if we got either Bonner or Burton. Burton looks like a Jack Darling type player in that he plays taller than his height and is already 90kg. He put on 10kg since his leg injury.
Yeah I really do not mind having a bunch of non-traditional mobile small-tall forwards, particularly if we have a very good marking tall/2nd ruck there too. I just think a forward line comprising highly mobile guys who might also be able to spin into the midfield could be deadly. I am not holding out that it is going to happen, but if Apeness actually came off then I am more than comfortable rotation guys like Burton through.

If we really want both Adams and Brown, we might have to use our first 2 picks on them. Sounds like Essendon are keen on Brown, and we'd have to trump their 56. And I wouldn't want to risk Adams falling to our third pick, so we'd have to take him early as well. I just hope we don't take some average mid with pick 27, which seems to be a common option in a lot of the mock drafts.

Yeah I really do not mind having a bunch of non-traditional mobile small-tall forwards, particularly if we have a very good marking tall/2nd ruck there too. I just think a forward line comprising highly mobile guys who might also be able to spin into the midfield could be deadly. I am not holding out that it is going to happen, but if Apeness actually came off then I am more than comfortable rotation guys like Burton through.
You mean like the Hawks? :rolleyes:

Adams, Walters, Pav, Ballas, Clarke and 1 other rotating mid e.g. Fyfe, Crozier, Neale etc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brett Anderson from SEN has put up his phantom draft...his selections for Freo:

27: Darcy Tucker, 183cm running Half back flanker
38: Nathan Broad, 191cm, half back
56: Jessie Glass-McCasker, 196cm, KPP
65: Josh Shoenfeld, 187cm, ???

Only one true KPP amongst this group.

Interesting that he had Marcus Adams going to the Weagles at pick 66.

Asides from Glass-McCasker, haven't seen any of the names attached to Freo from other phantom drafts I've read.

Thoughts?...especially Shoenfeld who plays for Peel?

Asides from Glass-McCasker, haven't seen any of the names attached to Freo from other phantom drafts I've read.

Schoenfeld was the one who smashed the beep tests etc wasn't he?

Love Tucker.
Not a huge fan of Broads, just have queries over his disposal quality
Not totally sold on JGM but at 56 there's no harm done and well worth the risk there.
Shoenfeld is speculative but 65 is about right for that sort of player so again no harm done.

Tucker best available, then two picks from Swans and one from Peel, you can see what his line of thought is I suppose.

I'd be stoked to get Daniel Rioli as an eventual Ballas replacement. I just reckon he's got some magic about him that will really show when he matures. Excitement machine!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back