2015 Draft, Trade & Free Agent Discussion & Speculation Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Would you like to pay $1,000,000 for him next season?
Actually, I think if we could get Sydney to pay some of his salary a trade might actually work. I know by the Swans reactions to the change in their COLA that they were stunned by the decision and as a result unprepared in terms of their salary situation for the next few years. I think that Syndey might be prepared to pay 200K of Tippet's salary to get his pay off their books. We should definitely throw some coin at Reid as I think he is an unfufilled talent, who benefit from being the key marking target and making an offer to Reid would also increase the pressure on Sydney to trade Tippet. IMO you are underestimating how good a player Tippet is. It seems that most here want the perfect paggage and propose a completely unrealistic trade option when they contribute to this thread. I would gladly take Tippet in exchange for our first pick and Clarke for Tippet at 800K.The key for me would be if Sydney was prepared to pay part of Tippet's pay obligations. Im sure Ill get the posters who will say my potential trade is paying too much, but the fact is you are talking about trading a ruckman who is now a third choice ruckman and a first pick for a key forward capable of kicking 50+ goals in a season.

Last edited:
I think he is as they count the years he was prelisted before GWS began playing.

Nah, although you're correct and they do count the VFL and TAC years, he is one year away from free agency even including them.

However he is out of contract and the Suns have a massive cap crunch coming, hence the trade talks. We (and Brisbane) can afford to pay him more than the Suns can.

Any thoughts on Kurt Tippett? Has been out of form a bit lately, but I always felt he performed better as the number 1 target at FF. he slipped when Buddy came in and became the key target.

He is on his last year of contract at Sydney next year for approx 750k. He is 27.

Maybe we could offer Sydney pick 1 and 2 for Tippett and Jetta.
Absorb Tippett's salary but offer him a four year deal. 500k per year. So really an additional 1.25m over 3 years.

We also have the option of chasing Luey as a FA. This enables us to shop Clarke around.

Do you mean our first and second round picks, cos I'm not sure in what universe we'd be able to get our hands on picks 1 and 2! :eek:

Tippett aren't leaving, let's be realistic. Tom Lynch and Charlie Dixon though. Man, clubs will be chucking all sorts of crazy cash at the both of them. Lynch is definitely rising fast, and tonight showed that with his elite marking. Out of contact in 2016 though. Damn.

Nah, although you're correct and they do count the VFL and TAC years, he is one year away from free agency even including them.

However he is out of contract and the Suns have a massive cap crunch coming, hence the trade talks. We (and Brisbane) can afford to pay him more than the Suns can.
I think he is as they count the years he was prelisted before GWS began playing.

Here is the article.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-04-10/suns-knocking-on-free-agency-door

All three foundation Suns are contracted to the end of this season, so could bypass free agency next year by re-signing with the club beyond 2016 or moving to a rival club.

It seems that every key forward in the AFL apart from about six forwards is rubbish if you read this thread.
Soon out of contract Josh Walker kicked 5 goals for Geelong yesterday - no doubt he'll be dropped back to VFL when Clarke & Stanley recover from injury. I think he & Kersten are worth investigation. Kersten is a pretty skilfull natural forward that would compete with the often ordinary Chris Mayne for 3rd tall spot.
Also, Liam McBean regularly smashing it in VFL. Kicked 5 & 4 goals last couple of weeks.

Tippett aren't leaving, let's be realistic. Tom Lynch and Charlie Dixon though. Man, clubs will be chucking all sorts of crazy cash at the both of them. Lynch is definitely rising fast, and tonight showed that with his elite marking. Out of contact in 2016 though. Damn.

Lynch is in the same territory as Cameron, Hawkins et al. You're never going to get them short of a bona fide miracle.

Half the reason Dixon is available is that the Suns want to keep a decent chunk of money to re-sign the guy who is their captain sans Ablett and number 1 KPP.

Sad but very true observation still would definitely take Tippett or Reid the young guy at Brisbane Mcstay also looks a good prospect with them chasing Dixon and probably drafting the big forward Schace he may get loose somehow.

I watched Nathan Wilson reasonably closely today due to rumours that he wants to come back home to WA. I thought he did well, would have him in purple

I watched Nathan Wilson reasonably closely today due to rumours that he wants to come back home to WA. I thought he did well, would have him in purple

Not sure he'd be in the 22, but imagine a future team with Sheridan Hill Wilson Weller Ballantyne etc ... Ross wouldnt know what do with such speed ..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All valid points about Lynch. However, his simple mathematical skills are questionable.

McBean? Not going to be getting games at the Tiges for 5+ years barring injuries to Reiwoldt and he'd get a game for us.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-08-03/browns-second-chance-at-state-draft-combine

Apparently keen on Ex-Geelong Brown - invited to state combine testing

also a list of WA players - if anyone can shed some light on them?

WESTERN AUSTRALIAMarcus Adams – West Perth
Jared Bell – Perth
Josh Branchi – South Fremantle
Nathan Broad – Swan Districts
Darcy Cameron – Claremont
Michael Cronan – East Fremantle
David Ehlers – Claremont
Jake Florenca – South Fremantle
James Harrold – East Fremantle
Marshall Jones – Perth
Brad Lynch – Swan Districts
Shane McAdam – Claremont
Sam Menegola – Subiaco
Marlon Pickett – South Fremantle
Levi Ridley – Swan Districts
Bailey Rogers – Claremont
John Shaw – Swan Districts
Jordan Snadden – East Fremantle
Kade Stewart – South Fremantle
Matt Taylor – Perth
Francis Watson – Claremont
Jack Watson – Swan Districts
Shane Yarran – Subiaco

I'm a bit of a fan of Marcus Adams.

Not sure he could hold down a KP spot at AFL level but certainly would be ready to go as a second or third tall, either defender or forward.

I'm a bit of a fan of Marcus Adams.

Not sure he could hold down a KP spot at AFL level but certainly would be ready to go as a second or third tall, either defender or forward.
Certainly has the speed and build to play at the next level. How tall is he?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back