2015 Draft, Trade & Free Agent Discussion & Speculation Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Good call, was thinking he was older than that but he is still 21.:thumbsu:
Yeah still young. But I agree with what you said earlier, I was expecting this to be his breakout year and it just hasn't happened. Took a while to break into the squad, was the sub a few times. We have seen glimpses of what he can offer.

I would prefer him in Danyle Pearce's role. An outside mid who can sneak forward. Accurate kick, good awareness. If we put him closer to the action I think he would deliver better results than Pearce.

I would prefer him in Danyle Pearce's role. An outside mid who can sneak forward. Accurate kick, good awareness. If we put him closer to the action I think he would deliver better results than Pearce.
Yes, I like Crozier on the wing reading the play, he would do his damage both in the air and running into 50.

D Pearce into the forward line with Walters as the small forwards, Crozier to the wing in D Pearce spot.

No way Crozier gets as many metres gained as Pearce. Can't burn off opponents with speed either (he's qucik but not Pearce quick).

Lose some metres gained but maybe quality of metres gained is better?

Could work or could suck. Dont think Crozier is consistently in the game enough to do it for 4 quarters but could be an option for periods of the game.

$5,000,000 for 5 years for Wingard to Hawthorn being spoken about on AFL360.

That would be awesome for footy given what Chad said to GWS during his draft interview.

Christ ... the AFL's becoming the Premier League! Surely an investigation of Hawthorn's salary cap would be warranted.

$5,000,000 for 5 years for Wingard to Hawthorn being spoken about on AFL360.

That would be awesome for footy given what Chad said to GWS during his draft interview.
How would this be awesome for footy? His comments about GWS were when he was a 17 year old kid with no idea

How would this be awesome for footy? His comments about GWS were when he was a 17 year old kid with no idea
I expect GWS would have a bit of verbal in public, one of their players might call him out of it and the rivalry would get strong.

It would be great to build up real animosity between GWS and anyone.

I expect GWS would have a bit of verbal in public, one of their players might call him out of it and the rivalry would get strong.

It would be great to build up real animosity between GWS and anyone.
I think I'm more concerned about a genuine star joining the strongest club in the land. For the 4th year running. That is not good for footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think I'm more concerned about a genuine star joining the strongest club in the land. For the 4th year running. That is not good for footy.
It would be for 2017, their midfield could be done by then.

If he is on the market I'd like us to make an offer too, I haaaaaaate his attitude on field but he is exactly what we need.

It would be for 2017, their midfield could be done by then.

If he is on the market I'd like us to make an offer too, I haaaaaaate his attitude on field but he is exactly what we need.
2017 is when he's coming to his absolute prime. Mitchell and hodge may not be there anymore but a recruit like wingard keeps them at the top.

I just think it's ridiculous that AFL sprout the evenness of the competition and how teams will have there turn. Clearly this is not the case with this new world of free agency they have created. (Especially if rumours are true they want to reel in the years before being eligible for restricted free agency).

To your point about attitude, I don't actually mind it, that sort of thing should be embraced. The great players play with a level or arrogance knowing that they are better than the rest. Buddy has it, hawthorn's mids have it and players like Carey had it (although you could argue he still thinks like it).

2017 is when he's coming to his absolute prime. Mitchell and hodge may not be there anymore but a recruit like wingard keeps them at the top.

I just think it's ridiculous that AFL sprout the evenness of the competition and how teams will have there turn. Clearly this is not the case with this new world of free agency they have created. (Especially if rumours are true they want to reel in the years before being eligible for restricted free agency).

To your point about attitude, I don't actually mind it, that sort of thing should be embraced. The great players play with a level or arrogance knowing that they are better than the rest. Buddy has it, hawthorn's mids have it and players like Carey had it (although you could argue he still thinks like it).
What would you say about the top 4 teams not being able to sign free agents for that off-season?

Too harsh? I'm not sure what can be done about the 'destination clubs' sistuation.

Christ ... the AFL's becoming the Premier League! Surely an investigation of Hawthorn's salary cap would be warranted.
The new TV deal will mean a bigger salary cap, although clubs will probably use it to buy more superstars and pay the journeymen about the same amount of money.

What would you say about the top 4 teams not being able to sign free agents for that off-season?

Too harsh? I'm not sure what can be done about the 'destination clubs' sistuation.

Your idea has merit but under your ruling Fremante wouldn't qualify to recruit Hogan or anyone on free agency .
A better idea would be that if a top 4 team wanted to recruit free agency qualified player they would have to give the other team a player of similar quality ,in other words an example would be if Hawthorn wants Dangerfield then they would have to be willing to give Adelaide say Langford or Hartung or Shields .
For us to get Hogan we would have to offer Melbourne Hill ,Neale or Son Son . That would mean top 4 teams would have to seriously think about how much they would be willing to use the free agency and not keep stealing quality players from bottom teams . This IMHO would give bottom teams the ability to hold onto their best players or at least get some value if they loose their best player .

Out of the box thinking...

Matty Kreuzer is a free agent at years end. Signing him could allow use of Clarke as trade bait.

Howe and Tom Lynch are interesting prospects. Would love to see them here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back