2015 Draft, Trade & Free Agent Discussion & Speculation Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Spurr, one tough old fashion player, but he is no gun. He turns it over a bit too often.
Yeah for the amount he gets it he should do better with the disposal, 2/3 kicks are 50m bombs to under-manned areas. Having said that he takes some great marks in critical situations, just needs someone running for him to take the ball.

Anyone think Clarke would make a decent CHB? Is tall, good speed off the mark, endurance, great mark. I think he has challenges with leading patterns etc, so if he just had to follow his man, he will be lead to the ball. This would allow us to continue to develop APearce as a forward.

I think it's worth a shot. But obviously at Peel or in the pre-season to start with. Sort of how Trent Croad was a better defender than forward. CTarrant?

He's Carlisle height, so if it came off, it would be exciting.

In any case (and I have zero evidence to support this - it's just a hunch) I don't think he'll be at Freo next year.

I've heard Jetta to WC is very likely. SO much so that the crowds actions hurt the chances of it occurring. But not enough to stop it happening.

Depressing that an event that clearly affected him emotionally still isn't enough to get him to Freo. Hope your goss is wrong, would dearly love him here.

Jack Redden? they seem to target some different types another tall mid fielder I suppose.
Couldnt believe the footage of Mason Cox the big yank playing for Collingwood in the VFL kicked 5 and looked unstoppable all be it only highlights but looked freakish Collingwood seem to be accumulating alot of key position players and good ones.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Isn't hooker the one who refused to go to WC when WC, Essendon and StKilda had already worked out a trade deal. If its him, I can't see him leaving the Bombers.

I expect we will be chasing Hooker and/or McGovern come seasons end.
Both contracted but Hooker wants out of the Bombers and wants to come to Freo.
Essendon will lose him at the end of next year as a free agent and even though they will be compensated, Freo is desperate to try to make it attractive to them to part ways a year earlier without paying overs. Either way expect Hooker to be wearing purple within the next year or two.
He has shown his versatility this year, and while he is a great defender he could be a 50 goal a year forward.
McGovern will be a harder sell.

Your be kidding yourself of you wouldn't take Redden, he's quality. If he replaces a de boer/Mzungu/Suban in the line up we have improved dramatically.

Probably won't happen, I don't see why it would.

It would be interesting to see how a player like Redden would go for Freo. He wouldn't be allowed to roam through the midfield, chipping the ball sideways and collecting numbers like the whole Brisbane midfield does.

Redden reminds be a lot like Barlow. A slow player that accumulates possessions, with solid skills, works hard defensively/ tackles well, and can win the inside ball if he has to. I think If Weller and Langdon can both step up next year and give us that outside speed, Redden would compliment them perfectly.

I wouldn't pay over for Redden, but I'd be super happy to get his signature.

Your be kidding yourself of you wouldn't take Redden, he's quality. If he replaces a de boer/Mzungu/Suban in the line up we have improved dramatically.

Probably won't happen, I don't see why it would.
I'm wary of taking players from teams like Brisbane, especially after the Sylvia debacle. He's certainly one of Brisbane's better players, but he might not be an upgrade for us, and we should be looking at our Langdons/Wellers/Blakelys/Grays to replace the non-performers because we don't want to lose these kids.

I'm wary of taking players from teams like Brisbane, especially after the Sylvia debacle. He's certainly one of Brisbane's better players, but he might not be an upgrade for us, and we should be looking at our Langdons/Wellers/Blakelys/Grays to replace the non-performers because we don't want to lose these kids.
Redden does not have a reputation similar to what Sylvia had. I have always thought he was hard working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back