2015 Draft, Trades and Free Agency rumours.

Remove this Banner Ad

you act like I can't understand things, let me make this clear if your club is stupid enough to keep players against their will then use will become a basket case. I'm sure your club would rather have say pick 4 this year then watch him potentially walk out next season.
It's hardly against their will when they've willingly signed a contract extension, but I agree with the sentiment. I admire Collingwood for playing hardball with Brisbane for the Beams trade. Players who agree and sign a contract extension should be expected to fulfill it. If they don't want to, then select a club to be traded to, that club should be prepared to pay overs as compensation.

lol @ 'use' btw

Why do you need persistent explanation? I agree with you about his worth, but once again, any player who is under contract but he being courted by other clubs have historically always been traded for more than their perceived OOC worth.

The Suns aren't going to roll over and trade him away for an early first round draft pick. Look at what they did to Gorringe and Caddy. Flat out refused to trade them due to contract, then they lost Caddy a year later for less than they'd have got if they had just traded him a year early. Similarly, they had offers for Gorringe but refused and he's now looking at being delisted completely. Probably stupid on the club's part, but they've never lost a player they've wanted to keep mid-contract. Ever.

The Suns aren't going to trade him easily due to his contract.

Contract.

Understand now?
Contracts mean Jack, its LOYALTY that keeps a player at a club, not contracts, for instance Dion Prestia looks like he wants out but has 1 more year left on his Contract, AFAIK 3 clubs are after him

you act like I can't understand things, let me make this clear if your club is stupid enough to keep players against their will then use will become a basket case. I'm sure your club would rather have say pick 4 this year then watch him potentially walk out next season.
Like when Sydney refused to trade Ryan O'Keefe?

Did they become a basket case?

What about when WC refused to trade Mitch Brown?

Clubs have enforced contracts before and not become 'basket cases'.

Last edited:
I'd say Freo are keener on getting McCarthy back as he is from WA more than they are chasing Dixon. I don't know what kind of deal would be needed to get McCarthy to the club but it would definitely involve our first pick plus something else I would have thought
Yeah something big because he's still in contract. I really don't know if GWS would let him go...

Yeah something big because he's still in contract. I really don't know if GWS would let him go...
Nah mate the geniuses on BF reckon being in contract won't get you a bigger trade offer.

GWS will trade him in return for pick 56 and a pineapple.

He is a 1st year player. Of course he will be managed.
This is only the 2nd game he has missed this week all year.

Nothing like media bullshit. Anything to try and get a player back to traditional lands

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

He was drafted in 2013..?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Contracts mean Jack, its LOYALTY that keeps a player at a club, not contracts, for instance Dion Prestia looks like he wants out but has 1 more year left on his Contract, AFAIK 3 clubs are after him
Try being an Essenddon supporter.

Paddy still had two years left on his contract meant SFA 12 months ago

Try being an Essenddon supporter.

Paddy still had two years left on his contract meant SFA 12 months ago
i might be an Essendon supporter but the club still isnt doing a Great job compared to the likes of Hawthorn or Collingwood or prolly Richmond. i could go on about it but i wont, i havent got all night. Paddy got out of Essendon due to the fact his Relationship was on the rocks an used the WADA/ASADA crap to get out of the club to start fresh elsewhere so he could patch his rocky relationship up.

having said that i also love hawthorn to. however im over this WADA/ASADA crap.

There was no loyalty - exactly my point

No one in their right mind should blame Ryder for his exit of the club. They got two good draft picks from it , and even in the best way you can possibly paint it they implemented an experimental program that involved injecting players with substances they cannot now name.

And you are gonna talk about loyalty. Ryder didn't screw you over. Not one little slightest bit.

No one in their right mind should blame Ryder for his exit of the club. They got two good draft picks from it , and even in the best way you can possibly paint it they implemented an experimental program that involved injecting players with substances they cannot now name.

And you are gonna talk about loyalty. Ryder didn't screw you over. Not one little slightest bit.

No.. Of course he didn't screw us over :rolls eyes:

It's hardly against their will when they've willingly signed a contract extension, but I agree with the sentiment. I admire Collingwood for playing hardball with Brisbane for the Beams trade. Players who agree and sign a contract extension should be expected to fulfill it. If they don't want to, then select a club to be traded to, that club should be prepared to pay overs as compensation.

lol @ 'use' btw
haha yes its obviously youse

Remove this Banner Ad

Back