List Mgmt. 2015 List Discussion (No rumours or hypotheticals please)

Remove this Banner Ad

Equalisation baby!!

Why not neuter a string club if you can with a penalty that is normally only given for draft or salary cap tampering.

Imagine what a 4 peat will do for the code in VFL land though eh!! If only they could get Richmond, Collingwood and Carlton into the other 3 spots.

It's ridiculous. If we miss out on our trade targets this year or have to pay overs for them we will have the AFL to thank for that as well. Because of the trade ban, every club and player manager in the country now knows that we need to replace our aging players and will use it as a bargaining tool when dealing with us.

The plot thickens. I had a feeling that if we wanted Sinclair they would ask for more than just Jetta because they know we need a ruck. Is he still worth it or do we try to find someone else?

He's not worth jetta let alone something more, if wce wanna play hardball I say we just leave it

Is he still worth it
Absolutely, unequivocally, with no reasoned counterargument based on any study of history, no. Compare his value to Mumford, Maric, Jacobs etc who were legitimate #1 quality. Even Rhys Stanley who was a #2 ruckman, younger and with more versatility, and who was overpriced himself, did not cost this much.

The plot thickens. I had a feeling that if we wanted Sinclair they would ask for more than just Jetta because they know we need a ruck. Is he still worth it or do we try to find someone else?

Someone else. Cannot see any good coming from locking away an ok ruck that limits our flexibility when we can trade in a year anyway.

Hell run with Drex and the kids. Or Reid.

Personally believe it would be a disaster to over reach here and now.

I would be right into Freo seeing what they have. Screw Jetta. Get him to the state but with the best deal possible. If it involves no ruck so be it.

Someone else. Cannot see any good coming from locking away an ok ruck that limits our flexibility when we can trade in a year anyway.

Agree

I would be right into Freo seeing what they have. Screw Jetta. Get him to the state but with the best deal possible. If it involves no ruck so be it.
Why would Freo want him? They have Bennell on the way who is an incredibly superior player, plus they already have Steven Hill as an elite wingman, plus flashy and inconsistent Danyle Pearce.

It's ridiculous. If we miss out on our trade targets this year or have to pay overs for them we will have the AFL to thank for that as well. Because of the trade ban, every club and player manager in the country now knows that we need to replace our aging players and will use it as a bargaining tool when dealing with us.

Only ourselves to blame unfortunately.

Said it last year. We should have gone balls to the wall in court and sued everyone for whatever stuff we could.

Why would Freo want him? They have Bennell on the way who is an incredibly superior player, plus they already have Steven Hill as an elite wingman, plus flashy and inconsistent Danyle Pearce.

No idea why. Not saying they do.

Not the point though.

I am advocating getting the best set of steak knives possible from the Western state and advocating for the club to ignore who he wants to play for.

As it stands this minute, and as most agree, the swap is either off or now so imbalanced if the Cokers want more that is is farcical to contemplate so get what you can where you can.

No idea why. Not saying they do.

Not the point though.

I am advocating getting the best set of steak knives possible from the Western state and advocating for the club to ignore who he wants to play for.

As it stands this minute, and as most agree, the swap is either off or now so imbalanced if the Cokers want more that is is farcical to contemplate so get what you can where you can.

At the moment the best we could hope for in terms of a draft pick alone for Jetta from either WA club is their second round pick. They are more concerned with other players and we are stuck with the worst of their options

The vfl have lessened the trade blow but secretly told all other clubs to make it near impossible for us to make a trade. Shaft us from here to shits creek.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I went back over the past decade and no premiership winner was close. Hawthorn 2014 was the youngest, Geelong 2011 the least experienced (remember this is squad, not 22).

Doesn't exactly fill me with confidence for the year ahead...

I just hope we go hard next year. It is obvious next year is going to be a grinding one and we're probably just going to make the 8 to be perfectly honest. Oh well can't do much with one hand still tied behind our backs.

I hope you chaps don't mind a first timer having a view, but I'd like to throw my two cents worth in.

Vozzo from WCE has said on NAB Trade Radio that Sydney has significant interest in Sinclair, and that if a big offer comes in they will entertain it. It's not dead.

To overstate the obvious, next year will more than likely be a transition year for the Swans with a lot of older players leaving, and younger ones coming through. The AFL isn't doing us any favours, but we can still trade around the fringes and it is way too early to panic yet. Teddy and McGlynn will go next year, but the AFL shackles will be freed and we'll have some cap space.

My first Swans game was in 1989, and I've seen them in a hell of a lot worse position than this. The AFL needs a strong Sydney market for TV rights, and they can't afford to let us languish in the doldrums.

We might not be back at the top next year, but after that don't write us off!!!!!

Looks like WCE are going to use 1st round pick for Redden and knowing this I would want more than just Sinclair for Jetta.

I hope you chaps don't mind a first timer having a view, but I'd like to throw my two cents worth in.

Vozzo from WCE has said on NAB Trade Radio that Sydney has significant interest in Sinclair, and that if a big offer comes in they will entertain it. It's not dead.

To overstate the obvious, next year will more than likely be a transition year for the Swans with a lot of older players leaving, and younger ones coming through. The AFL isn't doing us any favours, but we can still trade around the fringes and it is way too early to panic yet. Teddy and McGlynn will go next year, but the AFL shackles will be freed and we'll have some cap space.

My first Swans game was in 1989, and I've seen them in a hell of a lot worse position than this. The AFL needs a strong Sydney market for TV rights, and they can't afford to let us languish in the doldrums.

We might not be back at the top next year, but after that don't write us off!!!!!

It's a good two cents :) Welcome to the board!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back