List Mgmt. 2015 Draft, Trades and Retirements Thread Pt 1

WISH LIST: If we could trade for the following players, who should we get?

• Will Minson (Ruck)

Votes: 21 16.0%
  • Ryan Schoenmakers (CHB)

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • Zac Dawson (CHB)

Votes: 7 5.3%
  • Matt Suckling (HBF)

Votes: 18 13.7%
  • Shaun Hampson (Ruck)

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Brian Lake (FB)

Votes: 6 4.6%
  • Sam Gilbert (CHB)

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • Matt Leuenberger (Ruck)

Votes: 43 32.8%
  • Tom Bellchambers (Ruck)

Votes: 7 5.3%
  • Courtenay Dempsey (CHB)

• Zac Smith (Ruck)

Votes: 23 17.6%
  • Trent McKenzie (Mid)

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Steve Johnson (Fwd)

Votes: 18 13.7%
  • Nathan Wilson (HBF)

• Jake Carlisle (CHB)

Votes: 22 16.8%
  • Adam Treloar (Mid)

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Harley Bennell

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Jeremy McGovern (Def) (Re-signed with WCE)

Votes: 20 15.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No thanks on McKenzie (close to an absolute no in my opinion).

Doesn't work hard enough on his game at all, and has other off-field problems that are known in football circles.

Is that the same lightning quick guy with sublime kicking skills that everyone has been raving about, or is it the obviously talented 18 year old who is yet to be drafted, yet to play an AFL match and has in fact only played 2 games of limited time this year due to injury?

Yeah, nice try sunshine!

Just a FYI- thought i would see what West Coast fans would trade of Jetta.

Seemed a few were willing to straight trade for schofield or brown but would want a high picky accompanying for McKenzie or McGovern... just thought it interesting.

With the huge rumour that Port has offered Charlie Dixon $3.5mil over 5 years so they can play Ryder as 1st ruck & have Dixon at full forward, it may be worth your while enquiring about Matthew Lobbe who is a very good young pure solid bodied ruckman & will probably struggle to get a game now if this Dixon deal goes through :thumbsu:

With the huge rumour that Port has offered Charlie Dixon $3.5mil over 5 years so they can play Ryder as 1st ruck & have Dixon at full forward, it may be worth your while enquiring about Matthew Lobbe who is a very good young pure solid bodied ruckman & will probably struggle to get a game now if this Dixon deal goes through :thumbsu:
I haven't watched Lobbe this year, but wasn't he spoken about as being one of the best ruck men going around last season? Sounds like he's sliden down the pecking order quite substantially.

that would be incredible, i think if we added lobbe and a decent tall defender i'd tip us for the flag in 2016.

unfortunately i think i don't think port would be unwilling to trade, and we also have nothing really to offer. only possible chance is if we go direct to lobbe and offer him decent coin on at least 4 years and the guaranteed number 1 ruck. then we'd have to offer port either a bird or maybe sam reid and our first or second and third next year.

would love it to happen and if they sign dixon think we should explore it.

but can't see them being that willing to see him go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why not Jarrad Redden instead? Should be free/delisted, was rated ahead of Lobbe before his injury, and is better than Nankervis and the potato as a ruckman for next year

Why not Jarrad Redden instead? Should be free/delisted, was rated ahead of Lobbe before his injury, and is better than Nankervis and the potato as a ruckman for next year
has worse injury problems then Leuy. With Naismith signed on for 3 years, the club look to be backing him in. Perhaps we won't chase a ruck now.

I don't think so, he's serviceable, a little better than Drex, but certainly has a shocking injury record and isn't much good anyway. Has a career high 29 hitouts against Richmond more than 3 years ago.

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/pp-port-adelaide-power--jarrad-redden

1 game this season, no impact whatsoever, and the only game he played was against us earlier this season. Has played 16 games since he was drafted in 2008, all since 2012.

has worse injury problems then Leuy
Indeed.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-09-04/trade-whispers-leuenberger-smith-in-giants-sights

As AFL.com.au revealed in July, the Sydney Swans are extremely interested in Leuenberger as they seek to provide support for Mike Pyke, who will turn 32 next March.

But the Swans won't be able to field a competitive offer for Leuenberger unless they convince the AFL to lift the trade restrictions that prohibit them from offering a rival player more than the average AFL wage of about $350,000 a season while the cost of living allowance (COLA) is being phased out.

Given we are likely trading with West Coast this year it makes sense to go after one of their KPD's or ruckmen.

Jetta is a FA. They don't need to give us anything in return.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back