List Mgmt. 2015 Draft, Trades and Retirements Thread Pt 1

WISH LIST: If we could trade for the following players, who should we get?

• Will Minson (Ruck)

Votes: 21 16.0%
  • Ryan Schoenmakers (CHB)

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • Zac Dawson (CHB)

Votes: 7 5.3%
  • Matt Suckling (HBF)

Votes: 18 13.7%
  • Shaun Hampson (Ruck)

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Brian Lake (FB)

Votes: 6 4.6%
  • Sam Gilbert (CHB)

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • Matt Leuenberger (Ruck)

Votes: 43 32.8%
  • Tom Bellchambers (Ruck)

Votes: 7 5.3%
  • Courtenay Dempsey (CHB)

• Zac Smith (Ruck)

Votes: 23 17.6%
  • Trent McKenzie (Mid)

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Steve Johnson (Fwd)

Votes: 18 13.7%
  • Nathan Wilson (HBF)

• Jake Carlisle (CHB)

Votes: 22 16.8%
  • Adam Treloar (Mid)

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Harley Bennell

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Jeremy McGovern (Def) (Re-signed with WCE)

Votes: 20 15.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

If he isn't the one we have to target a cheap KPD then. Tarrant and Mitch Brown are the obvious two, but there are others. The other one is the ex Geelong Cat Maitch Brown who played for Essendon in the NAB Cup. He looked good down back, at least looked like he could defend.

No, he isn't. He's an inside midfielder.

On the general KPD discussion, how about instead of trading heavily for one we draft competently? Players like McGovern, Clarke, Frost, Frost, Hartigan have been available in the past few rookie drafts and are all playing regular AFL football in 2015. There are lots available if you're good enough.

Yes, but we are in a premiership tilt period. We actually need both. We need one to play next season round 1 as I don't feel Richards will be there. Look for the next defender gem. It is sort of why we should have entertained trading Mitchell last year. Could have had good shot at a Goodard/Durdin, etc. That said, that is past now.

No, he isn't. He's an inside midfielder.

On the general KPD discussion, how about instead of trading heavily for one we draft competently? Players like McGovern, Clarke, Frost, Frost, Hartigan have been available in the past few rookie drafts and are all playing regular AFL football in 2015. There are lots available if you're good enough.
Did you mean Mills? Because Mills is the inside midfielder whilst Dunkley is more like Rampe, more defender than midfielder.

Wonder what would happen in that case ala mitch clarke and mal michael.

Exactly! ;) there's precedent for it when favorable trades weren't forthcoming. AFL can get stuffed with triple chins if it happens. The best up-yours in AFL history.

Yes Clarke "retired", but he stayed on Melbourne's list through past the end of the trade period, so the Cats actually had to trade for him (three way with Varcoe & Lumumba).

Did you mean Mills? Because Mills is the inside midfielder whilst Dunkley is more like Rampe, more defender than midfielder.
Dunkley is one of the best stoppage and contested midfielders in the TAC. A few would say he is the best one.

Dunkley is one of the best stoppage and contested midfielders in the TAC. A few would say he is the best one.
In that case can't complain about having another 2 midfielders join the team. We really need defenders before our 2 retire. Can't rely on Johnson to come back anytime soon, if at all.

Wouldnt mind picking up Mitch Brown the ex cat. Even if it means just for insurance. We could possibly target Mathew Watson from the blues he would be very cheap imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry for the intrusion.

What's the mail on Tippett? Would he be a realistic chance of being traded? I imagine you'd be looking to ease a bit of cap space and we would have decent coint to offer him (and decent picks the way we're doing and the possibility of Aish leaving) What would you want for him?

Sorry for the intrusion.

What's the mail on Tippett? Would he be a realistic chance of being traded? I imagine you'd be looking to ease a bit of cap space and we would have decent coint to offer him (and decent picks the way we're doing and the possibility of Aish leaving) What would you want for him?
Don't think he is going anywhere. We are very light on in the ruck department.

Sorry for the intrusion.

Personally mate i think Tippett is the one of the last players we will consider trading.

Mitchell/Reid and a few other names will be brought up in trade discussions before Tippett name is even mentioned.

AFAIK he is contracted till the end of 2016.

Personally mate i think Tippett is the one of the last players we will consider trading.

Mitchell/Reid and a few other names will be brought up in trade discussions before Tippett name is even mentioned.

AFAIK he is contracted till the end of 2016.

Thought his original contract was only 3 years?

This years trade will be interesting.

What I expect so see if we trade, say a Mitchell and Jones for a high draft pick, we would then try and split the pick. As bidding and point is only relevant to the team who needs points for player we could split say pick 6 for picks 12 and 14.

NB: not advocating trading either player or know values of 6, 12 and 14 but you get my drift.

Not going to happen but Melbourne desperately need midfielders, we have them. I would love to get Tom McDonald.

Would cost a bit too much. The defenders we have to target are mid range. I'd be definately in the ear of Alex Silvani all year.

Just get Mitch Brown

Which one mate? There are two of them.

Joel Tippett is another one as a real insurance option.

You might laugh and jeez I recon he is a better forward, but Ryan Shoenmarkers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back