List Mgmt. 2015 Draft, Trades and Retirements Thread Pt 1

WISH LIST: If we could trade for the following players, who should we get?

• Will Minson (Ruck)

Votes: 21 16.0%
  • Ryan Schoenmakers (CHB)

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • Zac Dawson (CHB)

Votes: 7 5.3%
  • Matt Suckling (HBF)

Votes: 18 13.7%
  • Shaun Hampson (Ruck)

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Brian Lake (FB)

Votes: 6 4.6%
  • Sam Gilbert (CHB)

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • Matt Leuenberger (Ruck)

Votes: 43 32.8%
  • Tom Bellchambers (Ruck)

Votes: 7 5.3%
  • Courtenay Dempsey (CHB)

• Zac Smith (Ruck)

Votes: 23 17.6%
  • Trent McKenzie (Mid)

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Steve Johnson (Fwd)

Votes: 18 13.7%
  • Nathan Wilson (HBF)

• Jake Carlisle (CHB)

Votes: 22 16.8%
  • Adam Treloar (Mid)

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Harley Bennell

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Jeremy McGovern (Def) (Re-signed with WCE)

Votes: 20 15.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And once again the AFL caves in to Eddie's demands. I can't believe I thought it might be any different.

Eddie might be laughing now but when Mills + Dunkley + Heeney start ripping Collingwood a new one each year for the next 10 years we will have the last laugh.

I like the romantic notion of Getting Dunkley as a father son, id lean toward that if forced to choose.

If we are going to get both then we need to be prepared to trade something because we need key defence and ruck fixes urgently another year of Ted and Pyke as leading key defence and ruck... no thanks

If Naismith continues to improve like he is and has a good pre-season next year, I feel he could really start to put strong pressure on Pyke's position in the team. I've been impressed with the further improvement visible in the few ressies games I've been able to watch so far this year.

Defensive stocks are a real worry though - need Allir Allir and Xav to stay fit and make significant steps forward.

Had a really good look at the nuances of the new rules announcement and also worked out scenario's. It is interesting that the northern clubs all put out positive press releases about the rules, except GWS who have so much talent stockpiled they are barely interested in the ND anyway!

It seems that we are only getting taken to the cleaners if Mills and Dunkley are both at the pointy end. Given the number of other U18s currently being enthused about, the fact both our players are currently rehabbing, the probable make up of the bottom of the ladder, that we may not win the flag/make the GF, it seems that we could get both only using this years picks.

The new rules only hurt if we finish high on the ladder and we have a top 5 academy or F/S that year. This is of course this years scenario.

Good news is we got Heeney for a steal last year because the AFL was too slow - BONUS

The real good news is the AFL pegging the discount for pick 19 and later at 197 points. This is a real winner, particularly from around the late 20s out. Pick 30 would only cost us pick 40, pick 39 about pick 54. Now that's huge value given how the talent tapers off.

There are also some interesting potential "plays" on draft night. It may be better to use a particular pick (say pick 30) on a non academy player and wait until the academy player you rate around there is actually nominated then you burn a much later almost junk pick or two to trump the bidder. A lot of subtle tricks to now be used on draft night that are only available to the four northern clubs. Eddie will be spewing when his Collingwood boffins work through it!

Had a really good look at the nuances of the new rules announcement and also worked out scenario's. It is interesting that the northern clubs all put out positive press releases about the rules, except GWS who have so much talent stockpiled they are barely interested in the ND anyway!

It seems that we are only getting taken to the cleaners if Mills and Dunkley are both at the pointy end. Given the number of other U18s currently being enthused about, the fact both our players are currently rehabbing, the probable make up of the bottom of the ladder, that we may not win the flag/make the GF, it seems that we could get both only using this years picks.

The new rules only hurt if we finish high on the ladder and we have a top 5 academy or F/S that year. This is of course this years scenario.

Good news is we got Heeney for a steal last year because the AFL was too slow - BONUS

The real good news is the AFL pegging the discount for pick 19 and later at 197 points. This is a real winner, particularly from around the late 20s out. Pick 30 would only cost us pick 40, pick 39 about pick 54. Now that's huge value given how the talent tapers off.

There are also some interesting potential "plays" on draft night. It may be better to use a particular pick (say pick 30) on a non academy player and wait until the academy player you rate around there is actually nominated then you burn a much later almost junk pick or two to trump the bidder. A lot of subtle tricks to now be used on draft night that are only available to the four northern clubs. Eddie will be spewing when his Collingwood boffins work through it!

I had a similar review as per f/s you just don't pick a player until he is selected elsewhere. I.e. if we had pick 5 and 11 (through a trade) you wouldn't select any f/s or academy players with your pick, as when it gets to you it automatically slides to your next pick. (the main reason the bulldogs made the pies use their first last year!).

Interesting other point is if the academy teams finish low (well QLD this year GC/Brisbane) they wont take our academy i mean why shoot yourself in the foot (well GC might as they are sometimes basterds). so if it goes carlton GC melb brisbane bottom 4 then we really only need to worry about pick 1 and 3... as the graph tapers off if either slide +10 (i.e. mills to pick 11 and dunkley to pick 21) we can afford it!!

Alot of talk re dunkley not nominating us yet......when do they usually publicly delcare?

The talk on Hannebery is not ridiculous. I love him as a player and a Blood but the fact is that he will be offered $600k+ by Melbourne clubs next year and we won't be able to match that and shouldn't match that. A trade this year allows us two quality midfielders to be drafted into the club for the loss of one. We have Heeney, Jones, Hewitt, plus Dunkley and Mills. It would be smart trading.

The talk on Hannebery is not ridiculous. I love him as a player and a Blood but the fact is that he will be offered $600k+ by Melbourne clubs next year and we won't be able to match that and shouldn't match that. A trade this year allows us two quality midfielders to be drafted into the club for the loss of one. We have Heeney, Jones, Hewitt, plus Dunkley and Mills. It would be smart trading.

None of those players are established A graders.

(Neither is Hanners imo, but that's for another thread)

Alot of talk re dunkley not nominating us yet......when do they usually publicly delcare?

You have it the wrong way around. The club decides whether they want to pick him only then can he decide if he wants to come.
Draft day is now poker day, you don't declare your hand until you absolutely have to.

Don't know how Kummerspeck can argue on the main board without resorting to pot shots.

Drives me mental.

You can almost hear the gears grinding (if you can hear it above their knuckles dragging across the ground)

Don't know how Kummerspeck can argue on the main board without resorting to pot shots.

Drives me mental.

You can almost hear the gears grinding (if you can hear it above their knuckles dragging across the ground)

The same stupid bs from the same stupid people, eg that scotland flog

He runs the same line of argument every time. It's been a least five times I've counted where he claims "heartland" clubs pay for the academies because they subsidise the northern state clubs.

Banging your head against a wall in that thread sadly

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He runs the same line of argument every time. It's been a least five times I've counted where he claims "heartland" clubs pay for the academies because they subsidise the northern state clubs.
Aren't all the clubs subsidised? :confused:

You know what... I think Mills won't get picked in the first 5. Mills has below average kicking skills, that never equates to a top 3 pick. I can see a couple of other academy teams having picks in the top 5 and I don't see them pissing on another academy teams parade. We just need Weitering and Parish to stay fit - they're stand outs for me, Hopper or Keays might even end up the best of the academy players this year, they're seriously good players. Dunkley will be coming off a back injury... that's pretty worrying for a kid that age. We'll see.... but I'm really not expecting us to get bent over at the draft this year... GWS probably have more to worry about than us Hopper was always top 10 but Kennedy is going to get very close to the top 10 on current form/trajectory

Am still bemused that once again we are the root of all eval!! and the F/S changes are our fault.:p

This is closely followed by hysterically incorrect declarations of F/S being fair because everyone gets an opportunity. Well yeah, but not in the same draft, it therefore makes each draft an F/S comes up...unequal. But noooo, that is not unequal. That is tradition and we must haz it booo hiss eval Norther states for costing us our traditional inequality.

You know what... I think Mills won't get picked in the first 5. Mills has below average kicking skills, that never equates to a top 3 pick. I can see a couple of other academy teams having picks in the top 5 and I don't see them pissing on another academy teams parade. We just need Weitering and Parish to stay fit - they're stand outs for me, Hopper or Keays might even end up the best of the academy players this year, they're seriously good players. Dunkley will be coming off a back injury... that's pretty worrying for a kid that age. We'll see.... but I'm really not expecting us to get bent over at the draft this year... GWS probably have more to worry about than us Hopper was always top 10 but Kennedy is going to get very close to the top 10 on current form/trajectory

Someone will bid on mills and dunkley you watch

Someone will bid on mills and dunkley you watch
Of course they will. Wonder what would happen if Carltank bid pick 1 and we go okay, Mills is a bit dodgy health wise, he's yours. Watch the whole draft room go:eek: and dodgy bids dry up in a matter of minutes.

Of course they will. Wonder what would happen if Carltank bid pick 1 and we go okay, Mills is a bit dodgy health wise, he's yours. Watch the whole draft room go:eek: and dodgy bids dry up in a matter of minutes.
LOL at the concept of Beatson having the balls to pull off a move like that

I'm not big on the idea of trading him but realistically if we want mills & Dunkley and want to get another ready made key defender then we absolutely have to trade out a quality player

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back