List Mgmt. 2015 Draft, Trades and Retirements Thread Pt 1

WISH LIST: If we could trade for the following players, who should we get?

• Will Minson (Ruck)

Votes: 21 16.0%
  • Ryan Schoenmakers (CHB)

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • Zac Dawson (CHB)

Votes: 7 5.3%
  • Matt Suckling (HBF)

Votes: 18 13.7%
  • Shaun Hampson (Ruck)

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Brian Lake (FB)

Votes: 6 4.6%
  • Sam Gilbert (CHB)

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • Matt Leuenberger (Ruck)

Votes: 43 32.8%
  • Tom Bellchambers (Ruck)

Votes: 7 5.3%
  • Courtenay Dempsey (CHB)

• Zac Smith (Ruck)

Votes: 23 17.6%
  • Trent McKenzie (Mid)

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Steve Johnson (Fwd)

Votes: 18 13.7%
  • Nathan Wilson (HBF)

• Jake Carlisle (CHB)

Votes: 22 16.8%
  • Adam Treloar (Mid)

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Harley Bennell

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Jeremy McGovern (Def) (Re-signed with WCE)

Votes: 20 15.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

As said above state leagues are probably our best option for KD, let's face it our trade ban probably only gets us a player who's slightly WAFL/SAFL standard at this stage of their career anyway..we won't be able to get any regularly playing AFL, no one will give them up... as long as the state league guy could do well enough to be a ready made 'competent' stop gap option (hopefully/possibly could develop into more in the AFL system).

You'd like to think between Allir, X.Richards, Melican, Davis, McLaren at least one will develop into a competent AFL KD, some kids come on pretty quick e.g AJ given a chance, probably playing 3rd tall though. X.Richards is the one has been in the system lone enough that he needs to start doing something though. We do need someone more ready made for next year.

Ruckman are a bit different teams only ever play one or 2 so heaps turn through the system, lots that may just move for opportunity but if we're going for another delisted free agent e.g Derickx. At least get one who does well in hitouts, not one who contributes nothing around the ground and nothing in hitouts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Father-son prospect Josh Dunkley yet to decide on Swans

I haven't given it much thought because I haven't been playing much footy. I'll just wait and see, and it depends where I'm ranked and that kind of thing," the 18-year-old told AFL.com.au.

definately worried Tigers will get in his ear. especially when he says he is sort of like friends with the players.

To me, there's nothing Dunkley says that can be read too much into. He's well aware that even if he does nominate the Swans, there's no guarantee we'll pick him. Mills is generally rated better. With the new bidding system, it may not be worth our while to take Dunkley as well. So what can he say? If he comes out strongly in favour of the Swans, and then gets picked by another club, that's a little bit awkward, isn't it?

To me it seems like he's hedging his bets. Most likely, he'll quietly nominate the Swans, and then if he doesn't end up with us, he can say "well I was never all that invested in it anyway".

To me, there's nothing Dunkley says that can be read too much into. He's well aware that even if he does nominate the Swans, there's no guarantee we'll pick him. Mills is generally rated better. With the new bidding system, it may not be worth our while to take Dunkley as well. So what can he say? If he comes out strongly in favour of the Swans, and then gets picked by another club, that's a little bit awkward, isn't it?

To me it seems like he's hedging his bets. Most likely, he'll quietly nominate the Swans, and then if he doesn't end up with us, he can say "well I was never all that invested in it anyway".

Agreed not much to read into but i found the bolded bit somewhat interesting.

I'm not sure why you selected that quote, surely this is the key line

If we were still living in Sydney, then 100 per cent [I'd nominate to go to] Sydney. But we're living in Victoria and through the hard times, like I've just been through with my back, you need your family there for support. It's not far to fly – it's an hour flight – but I'll just wait and see what happens

I'm not sure why you selected that quote, surely this is the key line
I don't see him coming to us. Rather spend the picks on mills and getting in a defender lickity split

Father-son prospect Josh Dunkley yet to decide on Swans

I haven't given it much thought because I haven't been playing much footy. I'll just wait and see, and it depends where I'm ranked and that kind of thing," the 18-year-old told AFL.com.au.

What does the "where I'm ranked" got to do with where he plays/wants to play?

I hope he nominates us & someone else uses their first pick to take him, would rather Mills.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back