2015 East Meets West Family Day

Remove this Banner Ad

the numbers for that event have been dropping in recent years
easiler to have the family day at the club and have their intra club match
The numbers have dropped due to the club not taking it serious and stuffing around with the format imho

The numbers have dropped due to the club not taking it serious and stuffing around with the format imho

I think the last time I went, the only senior players to show were Gia and Murphy. No Captain, no coach, almost none of the senior guys etc...

Yes, it's become more of a kids 'meet the players' event. As an adult member I prefer to see some light training so we can get an idea on who looks fit, who's put on some muscle etc. Not surprised numbers have fallen away.

I think the last time I went, the only senior players to show were Gia and Murphy. No Captain, no coach, almost none of the senior guys etc...
3 years ago they all turned up and it was a fantastic morning......from 2013 onwards they seemed to not make a effort

If they drop it I will be pissed off. It was pretty lame last year being 39 degrees and all but it is a real chance for those who can't make the family day on the other side of town to get up close and personal with the team.
It is a highlight on the calendar for me and my son and this year my daughter will be going for the first time
I just hope they don't forget that there is a large supporter base in the Eastern suburbs and who deserve this opportunity

If they drop it I will be pissed off. It was pretty lame last year being 39 degrees and all but it is a real chance for those who can't make the family day on the other side of town to get up close and personal with the team.
It is a highlight on the calendar for me and my son and this year my daughter will be going for the first time
I just hope they don't forget that there is a large supporter base in the Eastern suburbs and who deserve this opportunity

I'm pretty sure being 39 degreees is a big part of why numbers were low last year. It was a stinker, not surprising very few turned up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes we the Eastern/Southern suburbs is a large area so we do have a support base in this area thus the East West Day. I think if they promote it more and get more interest in it out our way I'm sure Doggies fans who may have not heard of it before will go.

Our Northern suburbs support base id say are still relatively close to the Whitten Oval.

1a04fe4276.png

While I love the place, having it at the WO seems to contradict the whole "East" part of the "East meets West" day.

If they go down this path we will have 2 very disappointed children who live for "bulldog day" at Wesley (actually make that 2 kids and a dad) it is a highlight of the summer for them
Agree, pretty poor effort by the club if that's the case, i work Saturdays, not far from Wesley, so can get to that comfortably, no way could i get to the WO.
Just seems like they have been trying to get rid of this day for some time now , quite disappointed.

Add me to the disappointed supporter list. I go to the EastWest day every year, they should go back to how it used to be when the players had a short training session then stayed and mingled with the fans. It's always a great opportunity to meet the players and coaches, not as crowded as family day.
IMO it would be silly for the club to not provide this for the many supporters who live in the east.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back