Remove this Banner Ad

TheJaegerBomb

Cancelled
Aug 22, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Subiaco Lions, GS Warriors
With the knowledge of who our coach is and the fixture how far do we think the club can climb next year?

I am thinking we land anywhere between 4th and 8th spot but could be lower if we take time to adjust to Rocket's game plan.

I think that GC will almost definitely roll into the 8, with an almost undefeated record (I'll predict that 2 games will be dropped) at home. Unless Eade *s up big time (unlikely), the only way is up.

I think your spot on TheJaegerBomb 4th would be outstanding, 8th should be expected. Rockets game plan is run and gun so it shouldn't be hard for the boys to use, its just a matter of whether he can get them to hit a target, then 4th becomes a real possibility

Yeah the one bonus is that the game plan shouldn't be too dissimilar to McKenna's. The real point of difference is Rocket's ability to put the rocket up the players arses. Pun intended. I am glad we have a guy who can motivate. My main criteria.

I think that GC will almost definitely roll into the 8, with an almost undefeated record (I'll predict that 2 games will be dropped) at home. Unless Eade ****s up big time (unlikely), the only way is up.

Gee hope your right.

I honestly have complete confidence in Rocket. I reckon the preseason will dominate the blocks and the NAB Challenge/Cup/whateverthe*it'scalled will be used to test out everyone on our list, senior and rookies alike. From there, Eade will determine who he feels is in our best 22 and will dominate the Dees and St Kilda leaving us 2 - 0.

Being optimistic, I reckon we'll be a force to be reckoned with in 2015. I think a victory over Freo at Subi and Sydney at home and away is not too far fetched, and a win over Hawthorn in Tassie is a possibility (depending on injuries and weather).

I'm positive we'll make it into the 8, and pretty confident we'll make it in the top 6. Possibly top 4 should we should be plagued with injuries or suspensions.

To be honest, with the only 2014 top-8 club that we play twice being Sydney, it's one of the best scenarios for us. I would have preferred North, but Sydney is doable.

I'd say we'll finish with a record of 10 - 1 or 9 - 2 at Metricon next year.

I honestly have complete confidence in Rocket. I reckon the preseason will dominate the blocks and the NAB Challenge/Cup/whateverthe****it'scalled will be used to test out everyone on our list, senior and rookies alike. From there, Eade will determine who he feels is in our best 22 and will dominate the Dees and St Kilda leaving us 2 - 0.

Being optimistic, I reckon we'll be a force to be reckoned with in 2015. I think a victory over Freo at Subi and Sydney at home and away is not too far fetched, and a win over Hawthorn in Tassie is a possibility (depending on injuries and weather).

I'm positive we'll make it into the 8, and pretty confident we'll make it in the top 6. Possibly top 4 should we should be plagued with injuries or suspensions.

To be honest, with the only 2014 top-8 club that we play twice being Sydney, it's one of the best scenarios for us. I would have preferred North, but Sydney is doable.

I'd say we'll finish with a record of 10 - 1 or 9 - 2 at Metricon next year.

I am of a similar opinion but I am still a bit scarred by the late season losses. I am tempering my expectations somewhat.

Yeah the one bonus is that the game plan shouldn't be too dissimilar to McKenna's. The real point of difference is Rocket's ability to put the rocket up the players arses. Pun intended. I am glad we have a guy who can motivate. My main criteria.

McKenna hated using the corridor and gameplan involved defending it more than using it. You sure? Or am I seeing our game differently the past 4 years.

What do you think Rocket's gameplan will be?

Also you have to identify our strengths and weaknesses to build a gameplan. My opinion, our strength is our contested ball and clearances, our weaknesses skills and decision making. Malceski is a direct fix to our weakness but is only 1 man.

McKenna hated using the corridor and gameplan involved defending it more than using it. You sure? Or am I seeing our game differently the past 4 years.

What do you think Rocket's gameplan will be?

Also you have to identify our strengths and weaknesses to build a gameplan. My opinion, our strength is our contested ball and clearances, our weaknesses skills and decision making. Malceski is a direct fix to our weakness but is only 1 man.

I don't think he hated it. We did use it on the rare occassion and I remember him justifying his use of the fat side with the fact that we are so young. I tend to agree with that. You can really get hurt the other way playing corridor footy so I would think that being a bit inexperienced still we may use the corridor more but how much more is hard to tell.

I have no doubt our skills will be much better next year.

I don't think he hated it. We did use it on the rare occassion and I remember him justifying his use of the fat side with the fact that we are so young. I tend to agree with that. You can really get hurt the other way playing corridor footy so I would think that being a bit inexperienced still we may use the corridor more but how much more is hard to tell.

I have no doubt our skills will be much better next year.

Yeah agree, you can hardly argue NOT to use the fat side when presented with the opportunity. Hope our skills definitely increase and not lose too much fitness. It was pleasing this season to run out games and even win 4th quarters :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lynch will kick 50+ goals
4 x All Australians
1 Brownlow Medalist
Finish 4th in home and away
Lose our prelim to the eventual premiers
Lose 2 of our best 22 players at the end of season

AFL big-wigs:

6NkN9oW.jpg

Back