2015 fantasy football questions thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Hello

I could not find a 2015 thread.

Is Cory Gregson a viable midfielder bench option for RDT?
I wouldnt think so, had big tackle numbers in TAC, more likely to get a defensive forward spot in a pocket. if you wanted to have a geelong mid bench cover youd be better off going with lang or cowan.

Hello

May only get a couple of games this year so I would say not sorry.
Instead look at Jarrad Jansen, Darcy Lang, Josh Cowan or Dean Gore as midfield bench options who will play more games this year.
They are only Geelong players though there could be some better value out there not in a Geelong Guernsey.

Hello

I wouldn't say so, fair few ahead of him. If you need a Geelong rookie midfielder you are much better taking Jansen or Lang, both of whom are physically ready to see early games, or maybe even Gore. If you are very brave go Cowan as he is injury prone but they rate him and he may find his way in if fit.

A high roving forward pocket to me is Gregson, someone you wouldn't mind moving up to the wing and down the forward flank, has plenty of toe and he isn't goal shy.

G'day Cat fans. Is Vardy a chance of lining up round 1 or will he be eased in through VFL?

Hey mate, nah won't play round 1.

Chris Scott said in an article that similar to Menzel, he expects Vardy to play at least 4-6 weeks VFL before being considered for AFL selection.

Cheers. At 221k or so will be a good downgrade in SC. Will make a big difference to your side if he gets fit. Not sure how it will affect Hawkins/Clark/Stanley though.

James Kelly, how's his preseason looking? He's not going to get faded out like Chapman? Really like him as a pick.

James Kelly, how's his preseason looking? He's not going to get faded out like Chapman? Really like him as a pick.
kelly could be interesting... if they play him more in the midfield insead of half back it would improve his numbers... or they could get worse, might turn him into a slow stoppage tagger. freeing up guthrie a bit.

Personally I see him slipping outside of the best 22. Certainly isn't a spot down back for him, with Jed Bews and Jackson Thurlow to play just about every game. If he holds his spot, it'll be as a defensive minded midfielder as mentioned above.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi to all you Cats supporters, hope you have a good season. My wife has created an All Female Fantasy League hoping to generate some rivalry between female footy fans, so if there are any Female Cats supporters willing to have a go and join up, the invite code is X7KT96T3.

guys just an update on SJ, where is he at and how much of the pre season has he completed? cheers

He did have a week off probably a month ago because of foot soreness, but said it was minor & he was back training the next week.
Haven't heard much since which sounds like he has just been getting through training fine & should play NAB Challenge.
If you are interested in him for SC/Dreamteam just look out for Round 2 against Fremantle, likely to be tagged by Crowley.

just read an article talking up billie smedts as an option down back based on his job security...I was a little surprised.

thoughts?

just read an article talking up billie smedts as an option down back based on his job security...I was a little surprised.

thoughts?

Has been one of our standout performers this pre-season.
Really knuckling down & working hard, heard he came in on his day off to work on some things with Scarlett & Lappin.
At $215K he is in my team at the moment at D5 but could change.
He will definitely play NAB Challenge so see how he goes there!

Whats the deal with Billie Smedts?

Seemed a lock at half forward a couple years ago, moved back and has vanished from the side.

Playing a keeper league and thinking he could be a sneaky late pick.

Whats the deal with Billie Smedts?

Seemed a lock at half forward a couple years ago, moved back and has vanished from the side.

Playing a keeper league and thinking he could be a sneaky late pick.

Most of us on this thread prefer him at half forward flank he showed some great signs in 2012 there.
But MC have him in their defence plans so hopefully he can develop well there. May play a bit midfield too who knows.
Keep an eye on him in NAB Challenge.

Is anyone here getting Cockatoo?

Or just going with guys like Lang or Jansen instead (Probably safer).
hes a bit pricey, would love for him to be good enough to get a regular game. i reckon cowan could be our value man, and lang is still pretty reasonably priced.

hes a bit pricey, would love for him to be good enough to get a regular game. i reckon cowan could be our value man, and lang is still pretty reasonably priced.

Yeah as much as I love Nakia there is better value out there.
At the moment I have Lang.
Could also bring Cowan on to midfield bench depending on how he goes NAB Challenge.

Yeah as much as I love Nakia there is better value out there.
At the moment I have Lang.
Could also bring Cowan on to midfield bench depending on how he goes NAB Challenge.
yeah its always hard to pick rookies before the nab cup. mines just full of as many mature agers i could find at the moment hah.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back