2015 fantasy football questions thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey fellas, I have Darcy Lang as my M9 as his pre-season has been very impressive, good cash cow?

I had it between Cockatoo & Lang and have gone with Cockatoo but Lang I think is a very good choice especially at M9!
Hopefully picked against the Hawks.
Gets touches in midfield & half forward.
Probably his greatest Supercoach/Fantasy strength is the fact he tackles a lot & his tackles stick so well he will win a few Frees For too :thumbsu:

I had it between Cockatoo & Lang and have gone with Cockatoo but Lang I think is a very good choice especially at M9!
Hopefully picked against the Hawks.
Gets touches in midfield & half forward.
Probably his greatest Supercoach/Fantasy strength is the fact he tackles a lot & his tackles stick so well he will win a few Frees For too :thumbsu:
Yeah, advantage of having so many rookie priced forwards of value (I have Salem, Clark, Hogan, Lamb and Krakouer) is that I can go for premiums in the middle, my first 6 are all priced 450k+. Including the two most expensive mids... As an M9 I'm hoping for an upgrade/downgrade situation later in the season.

Hi guys, I'm considering either Taylor, Mackie or Fisher for a speculative def spot. I understand Taylor had a solid NAB Challenge, but how is Mackie traveling? Do you see either of these two managing consistent 90+?

Hi guys, I'm considering either Taylor, Mackie or Fisher for a speculative def spot. I understand Taylor had a solid NAB Challenge, but how is Mackie traveling? Do you see either of these two managing consistent 90+?

I would have Taylor over Mackie.
Taylor looks back to his best!
Mackie only scores well when loose.

No mention of Motlop in this thread. Has he done a full preseason?

Always looks so good every time I see I'm and put him in my black book last year. Could he be an underpriced premium & a good POD?

I'm giving Smedts serious thought too.

I would have Taylor over Mackie.
Taylor looks back to his best!
Mackie only scores well when loose.

Thanks for the reply. I'd actually already made up my own mind to go Taylor; seems to have a higher ceiling

Thanks for the reply. I'd actually already made up my own mind to go Taylor; seems to have a higher ceiling
Hey rescued my ass a few times in 2012/13. Pulling out some big boy 120s.

No mention of Motlop in this thread. Has he done a full preseason?

Always looks so good every time I see I'm and put him in my black book last year. Could he be an underpriced premium & a good POD?

I'm giving Smedts serious thought too.

I was so close to having Motlop as my F3 this year!
He has had a full pre-season unlike last year.
Will play mostly midfield & a bit forward kicking a few goals.
I feel he is an under-priced player right now :)

I was so close to having Motlop as my F3 this year!
He has had a full pre-season unlike last year.
Will play mostly midfield & a bit forward kicking a few goals.
I feel he is an under-priced player right now :)
Thank you! The words mostly midfield are music to my ears. I've heard NOTHING about him all preseason & a bit baffled as to why.

Only negative I can see is consistency / high standard deviation, which I'm not sure is even much of an issue. The guy has no ceiling imho if he stays healthy, a real talent. I'm going with him, unless I get a compelling reason not to.

Considering Lang as my last mid rookie in SC.

He had a solid NAB, averaging 86SC/100%TOG + played all 3 games.

What's his JS like? How does Scott view him?

Thanks in advance.

Did okay today.
A SUB chance if Gregson isn't playing.
Tackles incredibly.
Uses ball very well.
Unique pick.

Considering Lang as my last mid rookie in SC.

He had a solid NAB, averaging 86SC/100%TOG + played all 3 games.

What's his JS like? How does Scott view him?

Thanks in advance.
He has no JS.

I'm in a draft league and picked up Hamish McIntosh with a strategy of not picking up a ruck too early and he was rated as Geelong's number 1 in pre-draft ranking. Is there any danger of him getting a game this year without injuries to Blicavs or Simpson?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think he'll definitely play when/if fit but far down the pecking order now.

I think he'll definitely play when/if fit but far down the pecking order now.

Darn, shoulda done my research, draft time is stressful when you have 2 minutes to pick and someone takes the ruck option you wanted about 3 picks before yours. Much different than SC or AFL Fantasy.

Last edited:
Darn, shoulda done my research, draft time is stressful when you have 2 minutes to pick and someone takes the ruck option you wanted about 3 picks before yours. Much different than SC or AFL Fantasy.
That said our rucks suck :D So he may yet come good, so to speak.

Wait another week or two, if Simpson somehow dominates against Freo all of a sudden then be worried, otherwise they will bring McIntosh in soon as he covers a bit more ground & takes a few more marks than Simpson.

Guys, Mitch Duncan - picked him up in my Draft DT and he's averaged a miserable 48 and looks to be performing the odd negating role

What's the deal with him?

Worth holding onto or abandon hope ASAP?

Guys, Mitch Duncan - picked him up in my Draft DT and he's averaged a miserable 48 and looks to be performing the odd negating role

What's the deal with him?

Worth holding onto or abandon hope ASAP?

It should have been a very good pick considering he has been improving every single year since debuting.

Not a problem of his just the coaches for some reason changed his role to a negating one. He is not that kind of player & hopefully they soon switch him back to his good attacking wing playing style.

Probably worth abandoning to be honest sorry I don't know how long the MC will continue trying to make Duncan a negating player :/

Any chance on McIntosh getting a run this week?

Definitely a chance.
Has played last 3 VFL practice games, impressing.
Depends if they keep giving Simpson games to try & get him to develop more or they bring in McIntosh who covers a bit more ground & may take a few more marks.

It should have been a very good pick considering he has been improving every single year since debuting.

Not a problem of his just the coaches for some reason changed his role to a negating one. He is not that kind of player & hopefully they soon switch him back to his good attacking wing playing style.

Probably worth abandoning to be honest sorry I don't know how long the MC will continue trying to make Duncan a negating player :/

Thanks for your valuable feedback!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back