2015 Fed Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

Couldn't stay awake for it sounds like it was an epic match! Be interesting to see if Stosur plays again first up today (tonight) or whether she is rested and Casey plays

Couldn't stay awake for it sounds like it was an epic match! Be interesting to see if Stosur plays again first up today (tonight) or whether she is rested and Casey plays

Tonight is the doubles.

Casey & Stosur vs Lisiki & Goerges

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's stupid if it is the case to be honest

To clarify it's both. Reverse singles then doubles but I think they have the option not to play the doubles if it's a dead rubber. I can't remember all the ins and outs of it but the format was altered a few years ago to have it all played over two days not three and this is what they came up with: singles, then reverse singles, then doubles.

To clarify it's both. Reverse singles then doubles but I think they have the option not to play the doubles if it's a dead rubber. I can't remember all the ins and outs of it but the format was altered a few years ago to have it all played over two days not three and this is what they came up with: singles, then reverse singles, then doubles.

Well in that case we have to play Stosur unfortunately and hope like heck she can win. Casey would be useless against these two. At best Casey would lose 6-4, 6-3.

Well in that case we have to play Stosur unfortunately and hope like heck she can win. Casey would be useless against these two. At best Casey would lose 6-4, 6-3.

Yep, I think the plan is to play Stosur and Gajdasova again.

Have to say I can barely watch Sam these days. Went to bed after Jarka's match but couldn't sleep very well (very hot last night down here) so I got up to watch the end of Stosur's match when it was 9 all in the last. Could only watch a couple of games as I find it so frustrating watching Sam make so many unforced errors. How someone of her capabilities can shank so many shots is beyond me! Jarka on the other hand is a joy to watch when she is playing well.

Hopefully Sam can make up for that tough loss tonight, anything can happen when she's playing though.

Hopefully Sam can make up for that tough loss tonight, anything can happen when she's playing though.

We need her winning as well Jarka is Jarka, who knows what version is turning up.

We need her winning as well Jarka is Jarka, who knows what version is turning up.
If we can win at least one of these rubbers, i'm fairly confident we can win the doubles as Casey and Sam are both good doubles players.

Sam is very hard to watch, one moment you think she's cruising to victory and the next she's lost in under an hour.

Sam is very hard to watch, one moment you think she's cruising to victory and the next she's lost in under an hour.
Very hard to watch in the 2nd set. Jeykll and Hyde comes to mind.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back