2015 FFA Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

We've got Wanderers in the quarters. With NIB being re-layed we will either have to go get lights in to Inglewood or play at the *ugh* Athletics stadium. Then again the FFA will just be their usual campaignery self and switch the game to Sydney.

Times dates and venues for the quarter finals confirmed.

Tuesday September 22nd:
7.30pm Melbourne Victory v Adelaide United at AAMI Park*
7.30pm Hume City v Oakleigh Cannons at ABD Stadium

Tuesday September 29th:
8.00pm Heidelberg United v Melbourne City at Olympic Village*
8.30pm Perth Glory v Western Sydney Wanderers at BGC Stadium

*FOX Sports televised matches

http://www.theffacup.com.au/article...-cup-quarter-finals/xgfhjyo5txth1fc1u629dqw0c

quick question.

at the draw there were two pots. which teams were in which pot? because i assume whichever team was drawn first was allocated home pitch

It would've been separating the NPL clubs and the A-League clubs to guarantee there's an NPL club in the semi-finals.

So it seems we will play Wanderers at Dorrien Garden which is now without any work done an FFA worthy venue. Why wasn't last year when Bayswater and Stirling had to play at the athletics track in the cup. How are they going to fit everyone in to there too?

So it seems we will play Wanderers at Dorrien Garden which is now without any work done an FFA worthy venue. Why wasn't last year when Bayswater and Stirling had to play at the athletics track in the cup. How are they going to fit everyone in to there too?

Should be a cracking atmosphere packed in there though!

Do profits from the FFA Cup matches go to the home team or the FFA? Not giving Glory a cent of my money until Sage is gone.

It would be some kind of split. Italia would make money over the bar and for venue hire and that's it. I felt guilty even being at NIB last night even though it was a Socceroos game.

The only 3 member federation clubs remaining are Victorian. Surely a case for another Victorian place in the Round of 32.
What is it, something like 12 NSW clubs, 3 of which are from Newcastle!!!! HTF does Newcastle get half as many clubs as Melbourne into the 32?

I went to the Hume and Heidelberg games this round, both great events watching real football standing up. Can't wait for their games in the next round.

What is it, something like 12 NSW clubs, 3 of which are from Newcastle!!!! HTF does Newcastle get half as many clubs as Melbourne into the 32?

I went to the Hume and Heidelberg games this round, both great events watching real football standing up. Can't wait for their games in the next round.

This year there were 7 member federation clubs from NSW (5 from Football NSW, 2 from Football NNSW), as well as the 4 A-League teams. Victoria had 4 member federation clubs and the 2 A-League teams.

Given the performances from the teams of these two states so far in FFA Cup history, Victoria still seems well and truly under-represented compared to NSW.

People realise the allocation of teams into the final 32 is done on participation numbers in each federation right?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People realise the allocation of teams into the final 32 is done on participation numbers in each federation right?
Why use that metric to decide how many clubs enter a flagship professional/semi-professional comp? Why not use average A League crowds....or some other method of determining it? They just seem to have cherry picked a stat that has nothing to do with this competition to decide to give so many NSW teams a leg up.

Why use that metric to decide how many clubs enter a flagship professional/semi-professional comp? Why not use average A League crowds....or some other method of determining it? They just seem to have cherry picked a stat that has nothing to do with this competition to decide to give so many NSW teams a leg up.
I assume because every team gets a chance to qualify you want the qualifying process with the most teams to have the most qualifying spots? I dont make the rules though so i dont know. I think it gets reviewed at the end of each year though. Its clearly not perfect. SA should probably have more teams for example. Im just sick of hearing this apparent nsw bias that exists. Northern nsw football has been treated terribly for years by the ffa. Last year i heard on this board that the ffa had rigged the cup for sydney fc to win it. Its just ludicrous at times on here. The nsw vic hate seems to only flow one way and it all heads north

I don't see many northern Victorian teams of northern SA teams in the Cup. Are they being treated well?
Northern nsw is its own federation as opposed to northern victoria and northern sa which are not. They are totally seperate to football nsw (i think haha).

I lost interest in the cup since we haven't played for so long. We had already lost when Cirio started at centre forward, I gave up hope after I saw that. Poor effort tonight, especially the first 45, it was shithouse.

Hopefully round 1 we can turn things around.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back