2016 Finals Venues

Remove this Banner Ad

Just pointing out the ugly facts of your "wonderful league" 2 games being called off in one year and broken jaw. Seems a dangerous league. of the 70 clubs those that are from Districts and not born from a school many that I talk to have major concerns about the league as I have mentioned before to Eye. But you guys continue to pat yourself on the back for a jolly good job done old chap..

It's hard not to pat. Should we go a D5 when we hit 80?

As I said. Nothing is immune from idiots. This thread is a perfect example to highlight this.

Is there an echo in here? I have already said I'm not sure where they are to be played. I have already said that incidents such as that which happened last week at Vic Park are not immune from anywhere, particularly the footy field. Ammos are not immune from idiots, just like this thread isn't.

You just can't leave. I know the feeling. The Ammos does it to all of us. A strong pull. To be part of something great. You want to sneak out and check out some SFL drum and mix it up, but you are pulled back in here time and time again. Like a drug. You lose perspective. You need it more than ever.
Welcome!

Canada that "wonderful league" you refer to has had one of its players charged by police for activity on the ground. This is a very dangerous amateurish league. Sounds as if thugs are running around rampant in your league. Not good for you Canada or your club and the "Wonderful" league.

From the first Tribunal evening of the SFL in April

Independent Tribunal results from Tuesday 28/4/2015 are as follows:

A Beardsworth (Chelsea Heights) was found guilty of striking (head butting). A Beardsworth received a two (2) match suspension.

A Beardsworth (Chelsea Heights) was found guilty of striking. A Beardsworth received a twelve (12) match suspension.

Just the 14 weeks - Thug League this

Lots of other 6 weeks striking etc Too many for such a tiny League!

THE EYE
:thumbsdown:

ps Largest striking penalty in VAFA in 2015 is Raef Clarke 4 weeks​

And Raef had been spoilt by the thug filled AFL. Not our fault. I blame Barry Hall! Or Juddy and the crazy chicken wing.

Would be great if the VAFA could get our three teams playing at the same ground for finals next week - all three Ivanhoe AFC (seniors, reserves and colts), finished on top. Hopefully the Colts are not playing at another ground miles away

Chump

Would be great if the VAFA could get our three teams playing at the same ground for finals next week - all three Ivanhoe AFC (seniors, reserves and colts), finished on top. Hopefully the Colts are not playing at another ground miles away

Chump
Champ, there's a pristine ground in Donvale at Whitefriars that is available. Ample parking, ground is in magnificent condition and has been offered for Sat/Sun games this week to the VAFA. Ivanhoe v St Johns in the Seniors would be a good compromise in travel for both sides and Ivanhoe v MHSOB in Reserves likewise would be a good location for all concerned.

Will leave for the VAFA to decide but sending games to non-VAFA venues at the extremities of Melbourne seems strange when there are grounds available at VAFA clubs within a short drive!

Champ, there's a pristine ground in Donvale at Whitefriars that is available. Ample parking, ground is in magnificent condition and has been offered for Sat/Sun games this week to the VAFA. Ivanhoe v St Johns in the Seniors would be a good compromise in travel for both sides and Ivanhoe v MHSOB in Reserves likewise would be a good location for all concerned.

Will leave for the VAFA to decide but sending games to non-VAFA venues at the extremities of Melbourne seems strange when there are grounds available at VAFA clubs within a short drive!

Would be very happy to play at the Friars ground - keep the cash in the Ammos - and save on Jetstar airfares to Craigieburn or Casey!!

If we want supporters to get to finals - let's look after the local clubs.

Would also be reasonably close to the 1st semi finalists too in Old Paradians and Northern Blues. Only 15-20 minutes drive east from their home grounds.

No brainer to be honest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would be very happy to play at the Friars ground - keep the cash in the Ammos - and save on Jetstar airfares to Craigieburn or Casey!!

If we want supporters to get to finals - let's look after the local clubs.

Will have to wait to play at Friars until next year after you win this week (or next week) Champ. If these grounds are all available and the VAFA don't mind clubs travelling from Dandenong to Essendon then why wait this long to announce venues????

I've wrongly assumed all these years that the VAFA are waiting to finalise venues due to finding the right fit for clubs. St Johns travelling to Essendon and Sth Mornington (Reserves) travelling to Essendon as well makes great sense to me. If it's OK to travel from one side of Melbourne to another then lock the venues in 6 weeks ago and move on.

You still on the VAFA site. WOW.

He just can’t stay away can he? He must lead such a sad, lonely miserable existence but interesting that the VAFA BF stalker would comment on AFL scouts being at VAFA games. Doubt they will find the number 1 draft pick but they have plucked Tom Campbell, Patrick Ambrose and Dan Nicholson straight from the ammos in the last few years and plenty of others before that.

They last AFL recruit taken from the SFL was …….. well no one actually.

Thanks boy wonder, good to see that the Amateurish league has announced its finals venues, better get extra security. I will be attending the game at E Park cant wait to see the AFL talent scouts out securing the next number 1 draft .

Some of you put too much time into worry about things of little significance.
The venues have been announced a week out from the games itself so it gives everyone plenty of time to work out logistics.
I don't think competing clubs would give two sh1ts where they play.
I remember speaking to Benny Goodman about this and he says its incredibly hard to get suitable grounds as the better VAFA grounds are either private school ovals or district cricket grounds which are nearly impossible to get access to at this time of year.

You can't fish on our site. It's impossible. All you can do is spend your time here. And that is what you do. You can't look away. We are too big and too successful. Every post you make...your envy grows. You'll be back again. You will respond soon. You can't keep away for the VAFA, and for that I can't blame you...

You can't fish on our site. It's impossible. All you can do is spend your time here. And that is what you do. You can't look away. We are too big and too successful. Every post you make...your envy grows. You'll be back again. You will respond soon. You can't keep away for the VAFA, and for that I can't blame you...

I think all of his posts have been deleted...

Thank god. He's like that ex girlfriend I once had who said she hated me. But she used to do drive-bys and stalk me on social media. Safe to say she didn't really hate me. I think Perspective wishes he was a lot more VAFA and a lot less that other one...NFI or SFL or something...

Thank god. He's like that ex girlfriend I once had who said she hated me. But she used to do drive-bys and stalk me on social media. Safe to say she didn't really hate me. I think Perspective wishes he was a lot more VAFA and a lot less that other one...NFI or SFL or something...
Think the said person just loves seeing how many VAFA people he can reel in on a daily basis. Still quite few it seems.;)
I wonder what sportscover is like atm as it was terrible earlier in the year
Heard an ump say a few weeks ago the surface is ordinary.

Think the said person just loves seeing how many VAFA people he can reel in on a daily basis. Still quite few it seems.;)

I'm yet to see him reel in one. That's why I have shown great pity with him and chatted.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back