2015 Fixture (who did well and who got unlucky)

Remove this Banner Ad

tim cotrill

Club Legend
Dec 24, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
So who do you think gets the toughest and easiest draw for the 2015 season and why?

Last edited:

Geelong pretty unlucky to only get one night game at Simonds, they were a great success last year so it's disappointing for the town.

I'm not sure how Hawthorn and Carlton are allowed to play each other twice within six weeks.

Other than that it's fine

Everyone did well and everyone got unlucky.

Port Adelaide - Did well with so many blockbusters and primetime viewing. Did poorly because they're stuck with the shitty Easter Sunday spot. Also did poorly due to having more L's than they otherwise would have if they had the fixture of either of the past two seasons.

Melbourne - Did well with a lot of winnable home games and only having to travel for 3 away games. Did poorly because they're crap opponents and they'll struggle to draw a crowd hurting their bottom line.

Adelaide - Did well with a Port Adelaide-esque start to the season getting s**t upon s**t (yeah, that'll probably come back to bite) with a sprinkle of competent teams (rd 2 and 5). Did poorly because of lack of primetime spots.

Undecided - Norwood

Either

A) Their ANZAC Day game vs Port Adelaide is at The Parade (Good)

or

B) Their fans get locked out of a "home" game on ANZAC Day, as they cant get into the curtain raiser as it would be sold out by Port and Hawthorn fans before Norwood get a shot.

Will have to wait and see on that.

Port Adelaide destroying SA Football tradition :cry::thumbsdown:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawks draw is very, very soft.
Only because every team they play is worse than them.

Using that same thought process, St Kilda has a near impossible fixture.

AFL video on official website (meh, I was bored) is talking about how tough our draw is, I must admit looking over the fixture I was kind of like "easy, easy, easy, competitive, easy". Every top 4 side twice, but well spaced out two good teams in the last 4 games and two easy games as well so we'll be in good nick for finals hopefully. We don't drop much games at all to middle/bottom of the table sides that aren't called Richmond.

If we could deal with the last two years draws, anything wasn't going to look that bad this year.

AFL video on official website (meh, I was bored) is talking about how tough our draw is, I must admit looking over the fixture I was kind of like "easy, easy, easy, competitive, easy". Every top 4 side twice, but well spaced out two good teams in the last 4 games and two easy games as well so we'll be in good nick for finals hopefully. We don't drop much games at all to middle/bottom of the table sides that aren't called Richmond.

If we could deal with the last two years draws, anything wasn't going to look that bad this year.

Just repeat our last turnout each week and its the proverbial cakewalk

Everyone did well and everyone got unlucky.

Port Adelaide - Did well with so many blockbusters and primetime viewing. Did poorly because they're stuck with the shitty Easter Sunday spot. Also did poorly due to having more L's than they otherwise would have if they had the fixture of either of the past two seasons.

Melbourne - Did well with a lot of winnable home games and only having to travel for 3 away games. Did poorly because they're crap opponents and they'll struggle to draw a crowd hurting their bottom line.

Adelaide - Did well with a Port Adelaide-esque start to the season getting s**t upon s**t (yeah, that'll probably come back to bite) with a sprinkle of competent teams (rd 2 and 5). Did poorly because of lack of primetime spots.

hahaha :cry::cry::cry::cry:

I still think the handicapping element of the fixture is rubbish. Of course as a supporter of the Premiers I'd say that, but why should teams who performed badly (often largely thanks to tough runs with injury) be gifted dream draws the following year as a result? The fixture's goal should be equality, not equalization.

Yet another way the AFL is punishing successful clubs to advantage those who've failed to get their s**t together.

I still think the handicapping element of the fixture is rubbish. Of course as a supporter of the Premiers I'd say that, but why should teams who performed badly (often largely thanks to tough runs with injury) be gifted dream draws the following year as a result? The fixture's goal should be equality, not equalization.

Yet another way the AFL is punishing successful clubs to advantage those who've failed to get their s**t together.

A sporting fixture should have no goal what so ever. It should be exactly what it should be which is just an order the teams play in.

17 of the 21 Friday night games involve Collingwood, Richmond and Carlton. Be a yawnfest by mid season.
Wish the AFL would stop calling it a fixture or a draw. It is AFL compromised appointments based on revenue raising.

Yep, lets get rid of all the compromises in the fixture...lets start with how you always play Freo twice.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back