2015 Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry to intrude guys, but what the **** are the AFL thinking? This is an absolute Blockbuster. Should be a Saturday night game for sure. Absolute joke.

They dont think.

Rd1 away = Rd23 away hopefully in Melbourne.

Means Rd 2 and 4 will be home and ANZAC rd home game.

For TV purposes Crows should be 2-10 Sunday bounce down and Porf 5-10 EST for Rd 1.

I reckon we will get a 4-10 SA time Sunday for Rd 2 and Rd 3 will be crows home Showdown probably also on Sunday.
Isn't it normally the opposite? Round 1 away, final round at home?

i don't like the time slot that's for sure, twilight in perth might as well be midnight, however will be really hot still this time of year so afternoon be a killa.

Do like that we get our compulsory trip out the way, but does that mean we might get 2 trips over there which will suck, as every team has to go to perth once, so 6 teams to back up.

Stop *in whinging, we were always going to play Fremantle in Perth at some stage and I'd rather it be the first game of the season than the last.

Get it over and done with, we win, awesome, started the season taking 4 points from Fremantle away.

We lose, not the end of the world and we don't have to play them there for the rest of the season.

Given our pre season heat training, we'll be in prime physical condition to take on Fremantle on a hot Sunday arvo/night.

Bring it on!!!

Couldn't be a worse time to face another contender than when both are very rusty in round 1 and more importantly one of those sides has a huge vendetta against us for knocking them out at home last year.

But ah well, the draw makes sense. Fingers crossed we can get over the line.

If we lose it'll be the first round 1 loss in the Hinkley Era and will be the first time we've been behind the count in W-L. It'll be a different form of pressure to what our boys have faced previously and I for one welcome it.

the positive is we get a Perth road trip out of the way, round 1 is better than during the year, also the positive of winning in Perth will have huge momentum and the unknown of what type of team we will be in 2015, there is one thing Ross Lyon likes to do and that is disect the game plan, if he is unsure how we are going to play then that leaves him a little vunerable, You can say the same of Freo but we will be all out attack where Ross likes to control the game. Also what a motivating factor for Hinkley to push the guys all through preseason knowing the hardest road trip awaits in round 1, Bring it on

Its just a prediction, but we were always going to get one of the hardest draws in the comp and playing Fremantle in the 1st round pretty much confirms we will play them twice.

Want geelong or north twice over Sydney or Hawks then. At minimum we would want north or geelong twice otherwise for sure we would have the hardest draw of any team

Apart from what finbarr points out (big road trip plus reduced recovery time) I've no problems with this. It should insulate us from another WA game, especially late in the season. If we're ever going to maximise our chances of not being affected by such a trip R1 is the time to do it. If we get a West Coast game over there very late in the season then yes, that would be worth being annoyed about.
I'm surprised they've declared our game the marquee game of the round even though us v Freo is 'a thing' at present. I thought Hawthorn v Geelong might still take the honours there.

Gillon the crows fan at it again. Trying to have us start with a loss and them a victory to give them momentum. So predictable.

It won't be a loss. We'll smack Freo next year. The natural improvement from our younger guys will leave Fremantle behind. It will be a nice little kickstart to our season. It will scare the bejesus out of the rest of the comp when we brush them aside.

Starting the smack talk early, gonna be a long offseason.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bring it on!

I would rather get this game over and done with early in the season. Highly unlikely we will play the Eagles in Perth next year so it means that the trip to WA is out of the way.

I would back us on to win over there especially if it is a warm day. We would run them off their feet.

Yes the ANZAC day fixture and recognition of the day the club cares deeply about ...
If we get a recognised game, one that is locked into the fixture every year then fantastic. I just don't see how it would work unless it was a Showdown, which I'd strongly prefer it wasn't. If we partnered with any other club the venue would have to alternate year by year which is a different mindset.
... By comparision, a "Dockside cup" or a "Carr Cup" whatever Freo may want to call it stinks of trying too hard to manufacture heritage. I'd prefer to see a Quinn Cup with Geelong. That's at least got some real provenance.
I don't think we can be too fussy about manufacturing heritage. It looks daggy to start with but increasingly feels real with the passage of time. Sure, put all resources into the ANZAC concept for now but these games have value when they are accepted. Richmond v Carlton is a prime example where a whole series of games haven't been that great but it's pretty well accepted that they (usually) open a season.

Has anyone noticed it is the second year in a row we will begin our season playing against the team we played in round 23 the previous year:

2014 - Rd 23 v Carlton (AAMI)
2014 - Rd 1 v Carlton (Etihad); Rd 23 v Freo (Pattersons)
2015 - Rd 1 v Freo (Pattersons)

Is Port one of the last teams considered when coming up with the draw?

Imagine the conversation at AFL House
"Um, we've got the big four Melbourne teams, plus the Crows sorted"
"What do we do with Port?"
"Who did they play last round before finals?"
"Freo"
"Put them there again."

I live in Perth and I was offshore for R23 this year against Freo, then home for a week and back offshore for the Freo final. Just looked at my roster for next year......I'm home. Then I remembered I will hopefully be moving to Adelaide by then. AFL is conspiring against me surely?

Man I live in East London, been here for a few years now, I am near where the Olympics was in Stratford.
If you come around here lets grab a pint. I can show you around London, I can get into some clubs here for free as I know the staff and bouncers, so I could get you in.
20 years ago I was living in Plaistow. Drop into the Black Lion and have a pint of their warmest bitter for me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back